Honeymoon trip vs. regular Disney vacation

tmfranlk

Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
Hi all!

My fiance/husband and I are honeymooning in Disney next February. We're looking forward to the low crowds, good temps and (hopefully) hotel discounts!

It will be my 9th trip, but his FIRST! Most of my trips are just me and my 6yo sister. Which brings me to my question....

For all you Disney regulars, how was/will your honeymoon trip different from any other trip.

I really want to make this a special trip for him. He's not a big Disney fan in the first place, but it was his idea to go to WDW because he knows I would love it and that I want to show him the wonders and magic of the World.

Thanks for you help!

Hi! I think your fiance will love being at WDW for your honeymoon. My first trip to WDW was with my fiance, and before we went, I thought of it as kind of a kiddie place. Then when we got there, I was completely blown away by how adult and fun and romantic it could be!
Some things you could do to make your honeymoon different from other trips:
Go on the new carriage rides from the Wilderness Lodge
Do recreational activities like parasailing or renting water sprites
Nice dinners like V&A's
Wear wedding ears, if he's up for it, to see if you get any special treatment
Have a surprise planned for him, like a bottle of champagne delivered to your room, or even a small wedding cake from the GF bakery. They run around $25 for a 1 tier cake, and I've heard they're delicious!
If you're staying at a deluxe restaurant, you could do a private dining dinner on your balcony, or at one of their private dining locations (they have several outdoor locations, as well as 2 possible balcony locations at the GF).
Cheers!
Heather P

Congratulations!

I will be going to WDW for my honeymoon with my fiance in October. Just like you, it won't be my first time to WDW, but I will be my fiance's first. He has never been to any Disney theme park in the past, and I have always been to the park with my family.

I think what would make the trip different is that you are going there in a romantic mood and you don't have to act like an elder sister anymore.

Also, just relax and enjoy the trip. You really don't need to plan a "surprise" for your fiance since the park has its charm and will give your fiance plenty of surprises!!!

Have a great time!

Our honeymoon at WDW was fantastic. One of the neat things is that you don't have to do anything to make it magical other than show up! Just being there on your honeymoon makes it a special trip.

All people are different, but my personal recommendation is to try not to cram too much in. Intentionally plan some time that is free. No matter how much you plan in advance, once you arrive, there will be things you want to do that you hadn't thought about.

Some of our best honeymoon memories aren't related to a particular attraction or ride. They are the "side" items that came up on the spur of the moment. We really enjoyed doing high tea at the Grand Floridian one day. We hadn't planned that in advance. Another was splurging on room service and having chocolate sundaes delivered to our room in the evenings.
We had a great time taking an afternoon and just visiting the other hotels on the property.

Finally, on the "don't do too much theme": save some things for your future 1st, 5th, 10th anniversary trips. I can almost guarantee that when you leave Disney after your honeymoon that you will start planning your next trip.

Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter