• Beach Club

• Coronado Springs

• Caribbean Beach Resort

• Port Orleans

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Princess_Belle

DIS Veteran
We decided last night that we were going to get married in Disney sometime in September. We really! REALLY!!!!! wanted to stay at CR but it is completely booked for all of the free dining. I am now stuck with the choice of choosing another resort! We like the view of the Epcot form BCR, but the Poly has great views too. The poly is also on the monorail! That's another big plus since we will be spending a lot of time at MK and EPCOT. I really need opinions.

I would vote for a 1BR unit at OKW, but it wasn't on your poll. There's a giant spa tub in the master bedroom and it's a very quiet atmosphere.

My first choice would be the Poly because it's on the monorail, has a wonderful pool, huge rooms, beautiful theme, and great restaurants.

My second choice would be the Yacht Club, but that wasn't on the poll.

I definately have to say the POLY because it is a lot cheaper and closer to the real Hawaii. The Poly has such romantic surroundings, just walking on the beach with a frozen drink in one hand and your significant other's in the other hand and watching Wishes is just pure Heaven. :cloud9:

really, any of the choices would be great. But I'd go for the Poly. The rooms are fun yet elegant (very comfortable and large), it's on the monorail, and it's a fun resort. You're close enough to the GF for romantic dinners, etc., if you like but also close to MK and Epcot (via a walk to the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot.)

The EPCOT resorts are also a great choice; Beach Club would be my second choice.

Have a great honeymoon.

I stayed at the CBR for my honeymoon and we liked it a lot. I suppose if money is no object I would say the AKL

Not sure which dates you are looking for, but CR is available for free dining for the week we are going (Sept. 8-13). Hope this helps. Have a happy wedding. We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary (with all 4 of our kids) this trip.

::MickeyMo

Why not the Grand Floridian? I'm staying there on my Disneymoon in July and I think it'll be great. I've never stayed there before and it's expensive. However, you only get married one...hopefully...so why not go all out?

We stayed at the poly when we got engaged and went to hawaii for our honeymoon. Stay at the Poly. It is the closest thing to Hawaii at disney. If you can afford it get the MK view. We had one and it was beautiful. We would leave the blinds open (were on the top floor) and fall asleep to the view of the castle!

The grounds are beautiful, especially at night with all the tiki's lit. If we could afford it, it would be the only place we would stay.

If you like the MK and Epcot you can't go wrong. The monorail from the poly to the MK is like 5 minutes. If you are going to Epcot you can walk to the TTC (5 minutes) and take the monorail directly to Epcot. You can't beat it!

My DF and I booked our honeymoon at WL. Maybe I should switch to PL. Is it true that you have to book PL honeymoon suites two years in advance?

My first thought was AKL, because it really has a great atmosphere, but then I thought of the garden suites at the Boardwalk. They have little picket fences, the bedroom is in a loft on the second floor, and the location is great.

Personally I was underwhelmed by the Polynesian when we stayed there (I think the posts here on the disboards had me expecting so much more). GF also seems like a great place to honeymoon (good restaurants, the orchestra in the main building, and the location).

Ok, I'm of no help here. I think the point is that with most of the deluxes, you can't go too wrong. Good luck with your choice, and congratulations on your wedding! :love:

Consider a one-bedroom villa at one of the DVC resorts -- we love the Boardwalk Villas. But, if you want to be closer to MK, you could try the Wilderness Lodge villas -- no monorail, but a boat to MK. For adults and romance, we think the Epcot area resorts are a better choice. So many dining options at the hotels there, plus Epcot world showcase is a short walk away. There are also more entertainment choices with the Boardwalk.

We like the one-bedroom villas because you will definitely have a separate bedroom with a king-size bed (you don't have to request and hope for one) and a large bathroom with a whirlpool tub. Both nice amenities to have on a honeymoon!

The Boardwalk Cottage Suites also look wonderful, although we haven't stayed in them.

We had one of the honeymoon rooms at WL in 1997-we loved it!:cloud9: I wouldn't have changed a thing-it was perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter