Honeymoon Perks?

snubie

DIS Veteran
What kind of perks do you get for being on your honeymoon? Just wondering as we may be there in May for a late Honeymoon (we were married in Sept.)

Stacey

It's been a while (April 2000), but we heard we needed to tell everyone that we were on our Honeymoon- and we did. Our travel agent made sure the ressie stated it and we told our waitress the first night we were there. She brought up champagne and strwberries after dinner! They also sent us a basket and note on our last night. Anytime a CM knew, they did special little things. Disney was the best Honeymoon!!::yes::

We got special treatment everywhere we went!

Of course, everyone knew we were on our honeymoon, because we wore the special ears the entire trip! :teeth:

We were given our own log every time we went on Splash Mountain, which totaled 7 times. We got free desserts at restaurants, and Mickey confetti on the table at Tony's Town Square! It was adorable! Not only that, but our server called attention to us and had the entire restaurant blow kisses to us. At Sci-Fi Dine-In, our server taped a Lady and the Tramp "Honeymooners" sign onto the back of our car, which we got to keep. :) We heard "Congratulations!" about 293890379375890 times, everywhere we went.

It was such a wonderful, memorable trip. Disney is the PERFECT honeymooning spot, as far as we're concerned! ::yes::

Be sure to let everyone know that you're on your honeymoon, espeically when making PS arrangements. You might not get special treatment, but it's always a nice surprise when it happens!

We got a few special things on our honeymoon. The Grand Floridian gave us a fruit basket, the BoardWalk Inn gave us a cute Mickey/Minnie frame and a congratulations picture from Snow White, we got our own boat on the El Rio del Tiempo ride in Mexico at Epcot, and we got a complimentary dessert at Artist Point. Don't be disappointed if there aren't lots of special extras though--I have heard lots of honeymooners who got a lot more special perks than we did and those who got no special perks.

We got some perks. When we were on our honeymoon...for our flight we got free booze. For our trip, we bought the bride and groom mouseears and we were able to "open MGM Studios" and we got front center row of Fantasia. We got free desert from Tony's and we got some free things here and there. But we got a lot of congrats!

We got some perks. When we were on our honeymoon...for our flight we got free booze. For our trip, we bought the bride and groom mouseears and we were able to "open MGM Studios" and we got front center row of Fantasia. We got free desert from Tony's and we got some free things here and there. But we got a lot of congrats!

Just one word of caution... Honeymoon perks are kinda a "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" kind of thing. My hubby and I got to WDW for our honeymoon on September 9, 2001, and the CMs didn't really give a hoot. (We stayed at the GF.) We were really disappointed.

So go hoping for pixie dust, but don't get your heart set on it. (My apologies if I'm being a buzzkill.)

Jen
I don't think you're being a buzzkill I think it's a realistic statement. I know I'm going with that attitude as I don't want to be disappointed - it's important to share this :)

We too experienced some of the perks of being on our honeymoon when we visited in May, 1999. I believe that the common sense approach to this is to look for places that cater more to couples than the masses, and you should receive exceptional attention.

We were upgraded from a moderate resort to a one-bedroom villa at the Old Key West resort when we arrived. This resort is very quiet, and is secluded from the rest of WDW. Just what honeymooners need. We also got the free desserts at San Angel Inn and the Hollywood Brown Derby, as well as a congratulatory after dinner wine at the California Grill. Victoria and Albert's was also very attentive to the fact that we were honeymooners.

The coolest perk was visiting the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Resort. The staff put us at the corner table closest to the Magic Kingdom. Apparently, this table is very hard to get. There was a couple next to us that was celebrating their 25th anniversary, and they told us they had been trying to get that table for a really long time. From here, we had the best view of the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks of anyone. With the lights in the restaurant turned down, it made for a very romantic ambiance.

The thing to remember is that these sorts of perks are best when not expected. If you go in with that attitude, you will no doubt not be disappointed. Besides, you are way too busy enjoying that cool feeling of being a newlywed, as well as the whole Disney experience to let worrying about freebies distract you from the atmosphere of a Disney honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter