Honeymoon on the Dream...any perks?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jgh, Feb 28, 2013.

1. jgh

jgh Peter Pan!

Fiance and I are booking the Dream in April 2014 for our honeymoon. I noticed when going through the DCL website you can let them know what you're celebrating.

When checking that you are celebrating a honeymoon on the cruise upon checkout, what exactly does this do? I'm not really expecting anything extra, but just wondering. :)

2. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

There's nothing absolutely guaranteed as "extra perks" for celebrating a honeymoon, however your stateroom host is likely to try to do a little extra something for you. There was a thread recently where someone posted several pictures of their honeymoon stateroom - pixie dust, towel animals, etc. I know the search function is disabled at the moment but check back and try a search, you'll find quite a bit. I don't recommend that you expect all or even any of what others report - each experience is unique, but there is likely to be something special.

Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

3. jgh

jgh Peter Pan!

Thanks so much! :)

4. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

If the ships a rocking don't come knocking:blush:

For our 25th anniversary our room steward created an awesome towel swan - well 2 of them - so they made a heart, and we had rose petals on the bed. As an additional bonus, since it was a Panama Canal cruise 14 or 15 nights, we had talked to one of the ships officers at the Castaway Club gathering and seemed to run into him several times. He sent us chocolate covered strawberries.

Oh yea, we got a "special" cake brought to our table. The regular desert that night was MUCH MUCH Better!!

Again, like others have said, don't expect anything, and if something happens - - -then consider yourself pixie dusted with Disney Magic. (The DCL magical moments are not a "check list" of things to be sought out and "demanded" like some people on the boards think it is. They are the serendipitous moments that just happen. Like one time we were taking the aft stairs (quicker than the elevators and you get to eat more desert!) and ran into Suzy and Perla all by themselves on one of the decks. We spent at least 5 minutes without any kids mobbing the characters - we had our picture taken many times (so we got a least one good one).