Honeymoon Hotel Question.

oldenewguy

Mouseketeer
We are going to DLR for our honeymoon June 30th- July 5th:cool1: . I have looked at the resort hotels and do not want to pay $800/night for concierge at GCH. I do however want something nice not just a motel 6. Are there any close hotels that are more reasonable and still offer a nice room and service appropriate for a honeymoon? We are premium AP holders if this helps. Thanks.

For a honeymoon, I'd recommend the Anabella (b/c they have nice rooms and an adult-only pool) or the Candy Cane. They seem to cater more to those who are traveling w/o kids.

I've also read good things about the Lemon Tree, but you would definitely have to drive in each day from there. Here's a link http://anaheimhotels.tv/index.html

I did a search and the only hotel in the area to appear to have an actual "honeymoon suite" is Ramada Inn Maingate.

There is a Hyatt down the street that's really nice, if you don't mind using a shuttle. I bet they would have a suite type room for much less than GCA.

Congrats by the way!!!

I really liked the Marriott that is by the convention center, we were on concierge level and it was a great perk. We walked to the parks but it felt a lot longer walk at night! They also have a shuttle for $5 that you can take to Disneyland.

If you can afford it, I would still stay at the Grand Californian in a regular room. The rooms are still nice and the atmosphere can't be beat! You are so close to the parks and I'm sure Disney will treat you great with or without concierge if they know it's your honeymoon! The DTD view is really fabulous if you can afford that with a regular room, otherwise just go standard all the way!

Next, I would say do a standard room at one of the other DLR onsite hotels to save a little more.

Otherwise, the Hilton or the Marriott are nice large hotels that are within walking distance, although it is a long walk.

The Hyatt, Doubletree and Crowne Plaza are also all nice hotels, but you will definately have to drive or take a shuttle.

We are going for our honeymoon at the end of the month and are staying at Hotel Menage. The reason we chose it is because the location is still within walking distance but we're far enough away that it shouldn't be filled with children and thus more privacy. Plus their pool is open 24hrs and they have a great bar, or so I hear. Also I've read that the view of the fireworks from their pool is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter