Homework Help Please!

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
4th Grade Assignment

My daughter chose a quote by Mark Twain:

If we were meant to talk more than listen we would have two mouths and one ear.

He assignment was to put it into her own words - which she did, and then give two examples that were not close to each other.

Her first example was:

I talk a lot in class so I don't listen that much, and if I had 2 mouths and one ear I would have to listen harder more than talk harder.

For the life of me I cannot help her think of another example that would fit this quote. I am really trying to let her do it and put it in her own words (like the first one). Can anyone think of another example so I could lead her down a path where she could come up with something by herself?

Thanks!

My mom used to tell me "You have two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk" :thumbsup2

Fishbone†;34917518 said:
My mom used to tell me "You have two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk" :thumbsup2

Perfect! Thanks so much!

I must be PMSing because it isn't like me to be snarky, way too quick on the "go" button,sorry:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter