Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. o4me2playn

o4me2playn Obsessed with the Mouse!

What a GREAT IDEA! :worship:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

Important if you are going to make one yourself - for sealing the bag, do not use your sewing machine! :) The talc dries up the oil too. I tried to use mine and needed to oil it every 3-4 bags :D

4. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

We were in your FE and received one of these from you! I wasn't sure what it was for at first, but it smelled really nice! I'll keep this handy for future beach trips.

5. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

:/ I was afraid that maybe the instructions weren't clear enough on their tags.....Darn!

6. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Ours didn't have a tag, but no matter, now that I know....it's going with us to the beach next time! This will be handier than a towel for wiping sand off.

We had a good FE I thought. Lots of nice gifts. We got so much candy on our first FE that we almost didn't sign up this time, but I'm glad that we did!

7. Stimpy

Stimpy <font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says

That sounds so cool! I would love that!

8. txmommy34

txmommy34 Mouseketeer

I would love to see a picture of one if you have it. I saw those powder pouches the other day and was thinking of trying to make one myself.

What kind of fabric did you use? Just cotton fabric or fleece?

9. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

I just used a plain woven fabric, like a quilters fabric. A fleece might work, I was worried that not enough powder would get through though. I didn't take any pics of them :/ But I may still have one in my bag *LOL* I made 55 of them!

10. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

Sorry, I was away for three weeks and just got back this afternoon. I PMed them to you now.

Corinna

11. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

Hi, I am sending you a PM regarding this. Thank you!

12. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

This is what we made. :)

[​IMG]

It's hard to see in the picture, but the bead says "wish", because it was our daughter's Make A Wish Cruise.

13. sorul82?

sorul82? <font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim

I wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know that Corinna did not create those images. PLEASE don't think I'm trying to say that she is taking credit, we just need to give credit to the correct person. :flower3:

The person who created these is Michelle Lill. You can find her business, Modern Marbling, on facebook or a google search. I am the one who picked the colors and asked her if she could put hidden Mickeys in them.

I'm not trying to criticize Corinna at all. Again, PLEASE PLEASE don't take it this way. I just want everyone to know that Michelle was kind enough to create these images for FREE for me because I was buying things that she made with the images and she was willing to share the images with anyone.

If you have a chance, check out Michelle's work as she is very talented. I bought bookmarks and journals with the blue and green hidden Mickey.

Corinna, thank you thank you for taking your time to reply to all who have asked for the file. :goodvibes

14. 3Charbys

3Charbys Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the

Feeling inspired by the goodies on this thread. WE sail next March (2014) and have not officially joined our FE group yet. Hoping they will divide it and make it smaller groups.

15. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Most FE groups will divide after 20. If not I would suggest they do. I love participating. My favorite part is making or buying the gifts. My husband just rolls his eyes and smiles. He knows I have fun with it so just adds that to our cruise budget. I don't go to the spa and I don't play bingo :)

16. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

17. dgmommie

dgmommie Mouseketeer

I'm on that cruise with you. How about we can gang up and insist on it. ;-) Seriously though, let's just ask.

18. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

I love this -- where did you get all of the charms to make it?

19. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Sorry, duplicate post.

20. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Everything was from ebay.

21. ladyj0212

ladyj0212 "Dream"ing of Disney Cruise

**WARNING...June 7th, 2014 FANTASY FE SPOILER**

I've been playing around with ideas...my cruise is about a year away, but I need something to do:lmao:

When I cruise, I like to dress tropical, so I figured maybe tropical flower hair clips for the ladies...and I thought I'd put together some beaded bracelets for the girls...babies are easy, it's the men and boys that I'm still trying to figure out.:confused:

Like I said, I'm just playing with ideas now...but later on for the bracelets I may do some with the red, black and yellow Mickey colors...and I may make up special clips for the women for Pirate night.(If I make pirate night hair clips, then I will have to include 2 hair clips per lady so everyone can have one pirate style and one regular bright tropical)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]