Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. txmommy34

txmommy34 Mouseketeer

I think I saw that idea on the non-crafty FE gift thread. Can't link to it on my phone, but it was on the first page or two of the cruise board.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KPetty725

KPetty725 DIS Veteran

I found that thread! I'll look through it tomorrow (have spent WAY too much time on THIS thread today). Thank you so much! :lovestruc

4. krosmith

krosmith Mouseketeer

Corrina,

Can you PM me the hidden Mickey necklace images Please. I have the ones for the girls, but have been looking for something for the women

Kathryh

5. jennileigh

jennileigh Earning My Ears

... I am so excited about my fish extender gift.. I'm trying my hands at sewing.. (gasp). I'm actually in the sewing stages of making my extender...
    anyways, I found really cute Mickey fabric and plan on making change purses.. is this something you guys would be interested in getting.. I hate to begin working on them and have people not like...
    I hope all this planning helps the 3 months 3 weeks pass quickly lol

6. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

I would love to get a Mickey change purse. Great gift!

7. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

Change purses are a wonderful idea. And you can use it for things other than coins. Like a safe spot to store a necklace or earrings overnight. :)

Now if you meant "you guys" in the literal sense I am not too sure about them. ;) but this gal would like. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. DisneyBelle99

DisneyBelle99 DIS Veteran

Yes, that is the FB page it is on. Search in Photos. There are two pictures. She used a Colorful plastic bowl to keep everything in.

9. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

I'm not the one you're talking about cause I forgot to take a picture but I did something very similar for teen/tween boys. I made ice cream topping/mix-in kit. I found two pack ice cream bowls with spoons at Dollar Tree. I kept them in the two pack and filled with a full pack of M&Ms, a few fun size candies that could be crushed easily, a pack a peanuts, a small pack of Oreo type cookies, and some small Nutella packets. I then put in a quart size bag (barely fit) then topped the bag with some cute bag toppers I made. I thought they looked really neat and wished I had taken a photo.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. Galaviz

Galaviz Earning My Ears

Does anyone know a DISigner that creates crayon box covers?

11. JennandJaryd

JennandJaryd Mouseketeer

I don't but I wish you were cruising with us because my daughter would love this gift!

12. krosmith

krosmith Mouseketeer

Hello Corinna,

Thank you for PMing the hidden Mickeys for the necklaces. Unfortunately, it never came through. Could you please send it again.

Thanks Kathryn

13. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

Corinna is on a holiday,so not sure she will get back to you this week.

14. mana_liz

mana_liz Mouseketeer

We aren't cruising until next year but I'm so excited to get started on our FE gifts...wish I knew about them before. I have a couple of questions about them:

* Since we are a group of adults going...Should we have a pocket for each person or just one for the group?

* Are there any gifts that people feel are overdone?

15. Aggiegrl

Aggiegrl DIS Veteran

I don't think it matters how many pockets you have, so long as there is enough room to hold several gifts. Some families use a single canvas tote bag for everyone. It's totally up to you. I have a personalized FE with 4 pockets for my family (one pocket for adults, one for each of my 3 kids) and a second generic FE with two pockets for when family/grandparents travel with us.

Gifts that are overdone? We got a heck of a lot of magnets on our last FE (like 20+). I like magnets, but I just don't need that many. Of course, on our next cruise I probably won't get a single one!

16. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Overdone FE gifts ??

pirate theme gifts

17. mainstreetmagic

mainstreetmagic Mouseketeer

Candy! We go way too much candy. We will make sure NOT to use candy in our FE gifts. :)

18. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

We gave all of the candy except special theme candy from another country, to the kids club CM.

I agree we had a lot, too. But I was glad that I could share it with CM.

19. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

As each of my kids have food allergies, I agree

20. SapphireMind

SapphireMind Mouseketeer

I made little sachets of talcum powder to remove sand from the beach. (like http://www.powderpouch.com/about ) Mine wasn't refillable, but had more than enough for several trips to the beach :) I made it out of a Mickey fabric.

21. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

We put our is little baggies and took them to the parks when we got off the ship... The extras I took to work and put in my candy dish on my desk...