Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Gryffinclaw

Gryffinclaw Earning My Ears

Crafty cruisers,

What age is the cut off for crayon rolls? I am thinking 9 or 10?? Making crayon rolls for the kids FE gifts on my cruise. Mostly younger kids but a few 9 year olds and one 10 year old, thoughts? Thanks!

Gennie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. linetbo

linetbo Mouseketeer

Can children use disney store gift cards on arcade? I want to give some on my FE maybe $3 each.

4. maggie_sam

maggie_sam Mouseketeer

My granddaughter is 10 and loves to draw and color. Crayons, markers or colored pencils are still a big plus for her. She would love the crayon roll!

5. staley98

staley98 The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!

I know that there are many artistic boys, but my 9 1/2 year old boy would give it to his sister. My 8 year old DD would love it as well as my 6 year old DS. Just my opinion. Older girls would appreciate it more.

6. mamiof2

mamiof2 Mouseketeer

My son is 10 and i know he would appreciate it!! he may not get a lot of use out of it at home, but i know on the drive or flight, or even on other long car rides he would get some good use out of it! even in the hotels while waiting for the rest of us to get ready.

7. mamiof2

mamiof2 Mouseketeer

I had thought about this too, not to be autographed, just cute Mickey / Minnie pillows. What i would do is put them into a plastic bag or 2 and sit on them to squash all the air out. then duct tape the bag shut. or I think they sell very large ziploc bags somewhere. or if you have one of those handy dandy kits that you hook up to the vaccuum to suck the air out, that would be even better. Those pillows would fluff back to size with a few shakes before distributing!

8. colemame

colemame Earning My Ears

Those are amazing..... you could sell those on Etsy for sure!!!!!!:worship:

9. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

just remember, your recipient has to get them home too, not sure how large you were thinking. We came home with just as much stuff as we took!:)

10. connellr

connellr Earning My Ears

Hi Crafty Ladies,

Does anyone have a template for the Dollar Tree Tumblers where you can insert your own picture?

Can you please provide a link if yes?

Thanks so much!!:)
    Rose

11. staley98

I saw the tumblers, but how do you separate them to insert your graphic?

12. RatherBeWithMickey

RatherBeWithMickey Mouseketeer

You have to be sure that you have the ones that separate, as some they sell do not. The ones that separate just unscrew to change the insert.

13. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Would also like the template for the tumblers;)

14. mrp4352

mrp4352 DIS Veteran

Love the ideas! We're still trying to decide on what we want to give for our October cruise this year...

15. staley98

Thanks. They mustn't carry them at my store :(

16. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

I would have loved one at any age (including now at 35).

I made them for one of our cruises. If I remember right there was a big age space between right around 10 or 11 and then there was only one older at 16, there were no older boys, the girl was 16 and I did make one for her just because but also put in other stuff for her.

17. RatherBeWithMickey

RatherBeWithMickey Mouseketeer

You might want to keep trying. Some people have reported their stores were all out, but got a new shipment in at a later date. Also, depending on how many you need, they sell them online, too. I don't know the minimum quantity for the order, though.

18. mainstreetmagic

mainstreetmagic Mouseketeer

love280mickey, these coaster holders and coasters are SOOOO cute! I love them! :thumbsup2

19. KPetty725

KPetty725 DIS Veteran

Ok, apparently I'm going crazy but I could have sworn someone on this thread posted a picture of sundae kits that they gave out on their cruise and I loved the idea! I was checking back to see what type of container they used to hold everything and now I can't find it! Lesson learned - write down thread info when you find something you like!! :crazy2:

If the person who made those is still on here, can you let me know what you used? If not, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!! :banana:

20. shadowryter

shadowryter DISNEYHOLIC

Hi there, this sounds like something I might be interested in so I did a search of the boards and found...nothing. :confused3So I did a little googling...binging and found this. It might give you some ideas. I know I have some already. Have fun.:goodvibes
    http://mixingbowlkids.typepad.com/family_bites/2011/06/diy-ice-cream-sundae-kit.html

21. Fivepin

Fivepin DIS Veteran

I don't have time to look now heading out to get the kids, but I believe I saw the picture on the FB page Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line.
    You might want to give that a try.