1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Sorry, you aren't allowed to take seeds on or off the ship. I wouldn't chance this.

Even if it is really allowed, if I received one I'd play it save and not take it off the ship.

Nancy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

We are doing a room gift of a 'Minnie' Survival Kit. A variety of things someone might forget... Nail file, highlighter, clothes pins, paper clips, etc.

I agree on the seeds and would not chance it.

4. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

This one is HARD... Older boys.

5. DisneyBelle99

DisneyBelle99 DIS Veteran

How about an origami flower or tree made out of recycled paper? You could add it to your gift. Sure there are examples on the web somewhere.

6. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

What about a water bottle or reusable coffee cups? I know people on this board have decorated them with Disney themes (though don't know how that's done!)

7. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

Hi,
    We took our first Disney cruise in July (NYC to Canada) It was wonderful! I made bottle cap magnets, key chains and necklaces. They were very easy and I think they looked great. Plus side for you is small and easy to pack. I gave key chains to men/boys and necklaces to girls/women plus magnets for the cabin.

I posted a picture of what I made back in July. I guess if you look under my name you can find the post (not sure how to link it here...sorry!)

But I got the idea off this board so if you search bottle cap I think lots will come up.

I got the supplies off Etsy and that is also where I found someone who sells Disney images. Plus, found a woman who did ship specific images as well for the magnets.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

8. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

We were cruising on Earth Day too, they always have a special movie premiere. How about reusable/recycled shopping bags? You might even find some with the Disney Earth Day logos.

9. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

Try PInterest... Look up fish extenders. There were quite a few cute ideas that fit your theme!

10. silmarg

silmarg SIL

11. knov278

knov278 Earning My Ears

That is awesome!!!!

12. nannylori

nannylori Mouseketeer

I've always found the older ones to be more challenging than the younger ones. For the trip coming up in two weeks,it turned out to be mostly older kiddos,which caused some initial anxiety!
    I found magic trick CD's at the dollar store,along with metal drinking tumblers that have a loop to attach to belts,etc. I also went to Ross Store once a week ( that's where I found the tumblers). Dollar Tree also has different types of glow items,tattoos,box candy,etc.:flower3:

13. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

You did this for the PC EB repo back in 2008 and it was one of our all time favorite FE gifts:thumbsup2

The roming gnome was a great idea too. I saved the image that you posted after everyone signed it:goodvibes

14. Jajone

Jajone DIS Veteran

What is this exactly?

15. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

I find the older boys so challenging. Girls are so easy...I made hairbows, nail polish, lip gloss, key fobs I made for the ones over 13. Boys, well they just throw me!

16. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

On our cruise this past summer (1st Disney cruise, loved it!!), there were two teen boys. I gave them a few movie boxes of candy as well as some glow necklaces. Can't go wrong giving candy to most teen boys and I figured they could wear the glow necklaces around the ship at night. Not that creative but I figured at least they'd like the candy!!

17. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

I love this idea even if it isn't for an FE but for a personal souvenir you make for yourself!:artist:

18. AMANDAMCG

AMANDAMCG Earning My Ears

You people are so crafty!!! I'm doing my first fe and this will be our second time cruising. First time on the fantasy (first vacation without kiddos too!) thank you for all of the ideas!!

19. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

They won't think the necklaces were too feminine? I got some for the Tweens and have enough for the older boys.

Does anyone know about phone charms? What gender and age group likes those?

20. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

A lot of the smart phones don't have a hook area to loop the charms thru. They aren't like the old phones!!!

21. silmarg

silmarg SIL

This FE gift has evolved over the 5 DCLs I have been on, but its a keepsake where I affix used stamps and/or coins of the countries we are visiting to a map of the itinerary of the sailing.

I generally acquire the coins / stamps on eBay. Stamps vs coins and the cost of each will boil down to the itinerary. For the western Caribbean, all countries were readily available and all were in expensive so I did both coins and stamps. For the repositioning, I wanted to do coins, but bulk Columbian and Aruba coins were hard to come by (and for that FE I think there were 125 participants) so I went with stamps only - and since Aruba is such a new country I had to get unused stamps from there... I think the Aruban stamps were 10x the price of all the other stamps combined.

This version has one coin and one stamp from each of the three countries we were supposed to visit (Cayman actually was cancelled due to weather). They are affixed to canvas board (in the past i just used card stock, but the canvas board is far more durable).

The intention of this FE is to be a lasting keepsake of the cruise...