Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

Love those bags! Great work on all of it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dzhenna

Dzhenna Planner Extraordinaire

Just keep in mind that whatever you do/give away will be very much appreciated-- especially by the kids! DD LOVED checking the FE and it was the first thing she did every morning. So, don't stress yourself out and have fun with it.

And if handmaking something stresses you out :crazy2:, buy little gifts instead. I'd say that in our exchange, there was about a 60/40 split of purchased/homemade items-- and they were ALL loved!:flower3:

4. Luckymomoftwo

Luckymomoftwo DIS Veteran

That is such a unique idea!!!! If I wasn't leaving in three days, I would make some of these! Oh well....next cruise! :thumbsup2

5. disneyluvrtink

disneyluvrtink Mouseketeer

Love these! I followed you on pinterest also :-)

6. chloe68

chloe68 Earning My Ears

Corinna,
    Your hidden mickey's are amazing and so creative. I know my girls would love them! Would you mind sending me a copy as well - :goodvibes

Thanks!

7. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

Love, love, love this idea. I would love to know what games you included and what you used for the cups. :love::love:

8. linetbo

linetbo DIS Veteran

Hi, I am not a crafty person, I need help, what can I do and HOW!!!

9. kalikat420

kalikat420 Mouseketeer

For my last cruise I gave a CD of cruise-style music and an 8 1/2 x 11" plastic pouch with a velcro closure with a cruise or Disney-themed sticker on the front. I put a note on the inside indicating that the pouch was for them to fill with cruise memories such as Navigators, photos and more. I got the pouches at an office supply store and the stickers came from eBay. It was easy and hopefully useful for all.

10. tictoc

tictoc Mouseketeer

what did you use to personalize the mugs? Cricut vinyl?

11. tictoc

tictoc Mouseketeer

for lighterwieght projects like tags you can use cereal boxes. It is also pretty green!

12. ddeal1957

ddeal1957 Mouseketeer

Corinna

I loved your Hidden Mickey pendant! It was so cute. I was wondering if you would be so kind and send me a PM with the link? :worship:

Thank you in advance and have a magical day.....

:goodvibes

13. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

I saw that some one purchased Mickey earbuds... Could be pricey...

14. ChipNDaleGal

ChipNDaleGal Earning My Ears

These ideas are great!

15. dznystar

dznystar DIS Veteran

Thinking about making some of these. How many did you do? Did you just start collecting the drink carriers over time or ask them to give you some?

16. tictoc

tictoc Mouseketeer

I just went and asked for ten and they handed them to me.

17. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

I ask for 3 of each type (4 cup and 2 cup) a few different times. But like PP said you could just ask all at once. When I went to get some for the tutorial that chick-fil-a only had 4 cup carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. gatorfreud

gatorfreud DIS Veteran

Yeah! SO happy to be looking through this thread again! I went a little crazy with our FE exchange in June 2012... had so much fun!

This time we have booked the 7 night Med in June 2014...not 100% sure we are actually doing it. But.... I definitely want to do FE again but we will be backpacking-ish around Europe for a week before and after cruise with just a carry on, so like NO luggage space at all! So I will need to find an awesome idea that is TINY and light!! Please point me in the right direction if you have seen something cool!! I had so much fun crafting it all last time so I would like to make something.

I guess in theory I could mail a box ahead to the ship or to our hotel in Barcelona? Has anyone done that?

Thanks!!
    Kim

19. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

Hi. Considering doing a FE for our Sept cruise. How many people participate/how many gifts would I need to make. One gift per person per day or per cruise? Thank you!

20. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

It's really up to you, but a gift per person, per day would be a LOT!! I do one gift per cabin once during the cruise. I think that's the majority - although on longer cruises, sometimes folks will do more than one day.

21. JSClemsonFan

JSClemsonFan Mouseketeer

I love these! Wish you were on our cruise. They are amazing! :)