Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Marshay said:
I like the idea!! My only concern is actually a question.

Do you know how many items you can drop off at GS for signature? I for one, plan to drop off 2 or 3 things (if I can) -- two pillow cases for my daughters and one print mat for me. Not sure if I could drop off another one or not.

If so, no worries. If not, then your mat would go to waste (or I guess it could be given to another family that didn't know about the GS thing).

Last cruise I was on it was only supposed to be 2 things per room but I know they have allowed more based on the amount of children in the room

I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????

Hi guys, since we are back from out Alaska Cruise I wanted to show you a picture of the completed FE Gift we handed out. We only did one per cabin and there were only 12 cabins other than us that participates, so a relatively small FE group.

Wow. Very impressive !

We are thinking about giving each cabin a plain photo mat with a marker. In the bag with the mat and marker would also be a note directing the recipient to drop off the bag at Guest Services so it can be signed and returned as an autographed souvenir.

My concern with this is the number of FE participants. I fear if too many people start dropping off stuff to be signed, DCL will eliminate this perk (I'm sure non-FE folks will drop stuff off, too). If I remember correctly, there was a brief period of time where they did for ths reason??

We made Custom Painted Vinylmations, My husband hand painted them all to look like the Fisherman Mickey and I used Photoshop to design the inserts and backing for the plastic packaging. :thumbsup2

These are SO COOL!!!!!

I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????

Maybe fill them with mini items that symbolize where you are from (no sand, though - not allowed). You could do a message in a bottle type thing with a picture or actual message. You can do the marble painting inside. Use themed stickers on the outside. Ooops... are you looking for just the tag ideas? In that case, you can print your own ribbon (Google for instructions), or just print out a fun tag and tie it on with curling ribbon.

Any ideas?????

What about doing clean ornaments then using your printer to print out:
Dates
Boat
Every
Single
Port
on a different line?
Then cut those lines out individually (like shred it) and fill the ornament?

We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts :goodvibes But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to :rotfl:

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself ;)

IMAG1581-1.jpg

Oh, can you please share how you made these, they are very cute! Our cruise will be Western Caribbean. But maybe I could do just something from Castaway Cay.

dthogue said:

Any ideas?????

Im doing something similar with glass ornaments and had a similar issue. I found rub on transfers called rub onz at hobby lobby. They are a little pricey about $8 for four sheets, but I was able to get over a dozen transfers per sheet so I only used one package for the whole cruise. You can also go to the hobby lobby website and print a 40% off coupon for one item which helped a lot. They ar fairly simple to use, you reverse your image and print it on a regular printer then apply following the directions included. Good luck and have fun!

I have a question about using candy for the FE's?

I thought taking food onboard was not allowed? Was it just that it couldn't be shipped beforehand - something about sniffing dogs, etc?

So, are we allowed to take food/snacks of our own onboard?

Thanks!

I have a question about using candy for the FE's?

I thought taking food onboard was not allowed? Was it just that it couldn't be shipped beforehand - something about sniffing dogs, etc?

So, are we allowed to take food/snacks of our own onboard?

Thanks!

You are correct that foods and liquids are not allowed to be shipped before hand. Sealed, pre-packaged, manufactured foods are allowed but homemade items are not allowed no matter how they are packaged.

HTH

Im doing something similar with glass ornaments and had a similar issue. I found rub on transfers called rub onz at hobby lobby. They are a little pricey about $8 for four sheets, but I was able to get over a dozen transfers per sheet so I only used one package for the whole cruise. You can also go to the hobby lobby website and print a 40% off coupon for one item which helped a lot. They ar fairly simple to use, you reverse your image and print it on a regular printer then apply following the directions included. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the tip about the rub ons. I just did a search for them online and they are called Grafix Rub-Onz transfer film. Seems really easy to use, I'm going to have to pick some up. The wheels are spinning with ideas for them :)

As for ideas for the ornaments you could always print off a picture of the ship you're going on and "float" the picture in the clear ornament, maybe back it with the itinerary and dates and tie a red ribbon on the hanger part. To float the picture you just roll it up to get it in the ornament and then use something long/flat to smooth it out. It won't be up against the glass but just inside.

This will be our first Disney Cruise and we decided to join an FE group.

I was making magnets for each person and then one per stateroom.

After finding this link, I'm thinking it's not enough. I haven't finished all of the individual personalized magnets yet so I don't have a ton of time, especially since I have a 3 and 5 year old.

I was going to order some stuff to make goody bags for the kids that had some pirate stuff in it, but then after talking with someone in our group I thought they could get stuff like this already because of pirate night (I was going to do tattoos, mini telescopes, pirate rings).

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who isn't really crafty and that won't cost me a ton of money?

Thanks!

Sari

I have them and just emailed them to you.

Corinna

The hidden mickey sounds interesting. Is it for a Cruise? If so, possibly the Magic?

Can someone please explain this to me so I can see if I can add it to our FE gift?

Thank you so much!

Sari

Also, I read somewhere on here that someone was personalizing pillow cases. I just found out about the pillow case idea for my boys. I was wondering how they could be personalized.

Thanks again!

Also, I read somewhere on here that someone was personalizing pillow cases. I just found out about the pillow case idea for my boys. I was wondering how they could be personalized.

Thanks again!

Some people have embroidery options on their sewing machines. They are able to personalize with the child's name and sometimes a Disney character as well.

After finding this link, I'm thinking it's not enough. I haven't finished all of the individual personalized magnets yet so I don't have a ton of time, especially since I have a 3 and 5 year old.

I was going to order some stuff to make goody bags for the kids that had some pirate stuff in it, but then after talking with someone in our group I thought they could get stuff like this already because of pirate night (I was going to do tattoos, mini telescopes, pirate rings).

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who isn't really crafty and that won't cost me a ton of money?

Thanks!

Sari

The only thing you get on pirate night is a bandana. For the kiddies I made a necklace w/ charms and black cords from ebay. Cost about $5.00 for 25 necklaces. Got mickey heads for the girls and skull and crossbones for boys. Added some candy & temporary tattoos for the boys. The girls got a small nailpolish and lip balm. I also did some homemade postcards and pens so everyone (kids & adults) can send it from CC. Good luck and have fun!!!

Thanks again!

We bought a personalized iron-on off of eBay last year. It would be pretty easy to make your own, though. Just put something together on your computer and print it out on transfer paper.

Thanks!

Sari

Hi Sari-

The magnets sound lovely! If that's what you have time/money/inclination to do, then that's plenty! FE exchanges are about sharing a little Disney magic and shouldn't be causing you stress or worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter