Home made gift for mother-n-law

d1sneyf4n

DIS Veteran
My mother-n-laws bday is coming up and instead of buying her something I thought the family would make her something. Does anyone have any ideas on what we could make? I have made her a scrap book in the past, pot holders with the kids hand prints, a canvas bag with the hand prints(she loves hands prints for some reason). Not really sure what else. Can anyone give me some ideas? TIA
Also it would have to go in the mail as they live in VA and we live in NJ.

I would make her an apron to go with her pot holders! You can find some really simple patterns and could easily incorporate your children's handprints as well! A friend and I just made some aprons so it's fresh in my mind. I was lucky enough to find some fabric that had hidden mickeys in it! I was SO excited! Good luck with your birthday gift creation!! :cheer2:

I would make her an apron to go with her pot holders! You can find some really simple patterns and could easily incorporate your children's handprints as well! A friend and I just made some aprons so it's fresh in my mind. I was lucky enough to find some fabric that had hidden mickeys in it! I was SO excited! Good luck with your birthday gift creation!! :cheer2:

Good idea, thanks

How about a fabric message board? One of the ones with the criss crossed ribbon that holds stuff in place. You can customize the fabric and ribbon to be a complete fit to her likes. You can do a google image search of "fabric message board" if you don't know what I mean. They make great photo holders too.

In the past I have used canvas prints to give as gifts.. It's an awesome idea and not that expensive. People really love it.

Maybe one of the picture/scrap books that you can make on line. With coupons or codes that are often under 20 dollars. You could do a themed one of your kids, or older pictures of your husband's family growing up.

Another idea is a picture calendar. Each month has different picture of your kids featured on it.

Each child could paint her a mug. They have those do it yourself pottery places. My mom cherishes the one my daughter did 6 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter