Home Decor : furnitures too black...

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
Hi
My Living room originally has 2x2 black Ikea expedit, black TV stand, and very plain black storage cabinets simlar to this :
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S19019349/

all on 1 side of the wall.
and a set of white sofa (3 seater and loveseat ) on the other two sides of living room.

However because the white sofa was quickly worn out with kids around....,I just bought a new set of sofa (3 seater and loveseat) which is black color

You can imagine the whole view now looks black and dull.

My question is....how do i balance it ?
Currently i have a color rectangular flowery carpet in the middle of the living room and small things like a bunch of roses with white vase on top of cabinet.

My another idea is.. buy something like
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/R-bl...2317009606.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.69.32X3Pb

and put it on the front doors of black storage cabinets
, do you think it would look better with it?

thanks
tc

Last edited:
Funky colorful big pillows for the couch. And bright art on the walls. I love black furniture so I'll probably end up doing this kinda of thing eventually.

I also love black furniture. I'd use a white or bright wall color. Lots of colorful accents (rugs, pillows, window treatments).

What color are your walls and drapes? What colors are in your rug? I'd probably pull one color from the rug to use on the walls and drapes and one or two others to use for large throw pillows and art work. A few large items would be better than a lot of bitsy things that will just make the room look cluttered and visually confusing. It looks like your furniture is quite contemporary. I'd stick with that for your accessories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter