Home again! Highs and lows 25/9-28/9

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by tinks_1989, Sep 29, 2012.

1. tinks_1989

tinks_1989 <font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon

Sorry I don't know when it's being cancelled I woul ring and see if you can book it was brilliant.

Hopefully it will be warmer we are goin in February though so it will be warmer then home!

It's an amazing keepsake I hope she likes
    It when she's older and reads it her self.

Im sure I'll forget all about the bad bits soon and be looking to go back lol!

Aw thanks can I ask you about the 7 night med cruise it's the one we are looking at booking. Did you enjoy it would you go again? X

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinks_1989

You quickly snuck in there whilst I was replying.

Pluto was just amazing I hope dave hurries up and edits the videos so you can all see x

4. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

7th of Nov is the last day as it stands atm ;)

5. DLPDreams

DLPDreams I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!

-------------

6. janiebubble

janiebubble DIS Veteran

The cruise was amazing ... if I could manage it I'd be back on the boat next summer like a shot (the dates don't work for us next August as there is a family wedding right in the middle of it) - we were in the inside cabins down on deck 2 so almost the cheapest cabins possible - we went with my sister in law, her two kids and my mother in law. Everything was great ... if you decide to go for it let me know and I'll give you my top tips - including a great hotel in Barcelona which was really family friendly and not too expensive. It felt like the trip of a lifetime but I'd love to do it again.

7. tinks_1989

Well I am struggling to get flights at a good price at the moment or I would of booked today. Flights quoted from easy jet are more expensive then what we have paid for WDW x

8. janiebubble

janiebubble DIS Veteran

Blimey that's not good, we got flights with easy jet for £90 each last summer, that was flying from Liverpool

9. Disney Princesses LW

Disney Princesses LW Mouseketeer

really now thats tempting, we are going 30th October - 3rd Nov but had made all my adrs or so I thought could I sneak in CBCO ???

10. tinks_1989

Yeah I need to go on the laptop and have a good look! Virgin quoted me £3,800 for the holiday more then what we paid for WDW for 2 weeks!

11. tinks_1989

Yes you can squeeze it in its the best thing at disneyland Paris! X

12. tinks_1989

I have started my TR :D

13. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

Welcome back :wave2: sorry it wasn't all you'd hoped it would be.

I loved seeing Elsie's photos, goodness how fast she is growing up. :goodvibes

14. tinks_1989

I know I can't believe she is 19 months old next week x

15. mum2threemonsters

mum2threemonsters Mouseketeer

We were a little uncertain in July as to when we'd return again, we had hot weather (very hot) but with 3 children in tow including a grumpy hyperactive 1 year old we find it really tiring. By the end of the 6 nights we were shattered and were glad to get home. However, starting last month we started thinking about the place again. My little boy (2 in Dec) saw some photos and said 'Mickeys House' (we thought he wouldnt remember) and our heart sunk. We'd had 2 fantastic trips beforehand and DLP to us is our secret getaway! We dont know many other people that have been to DLP let alone as often as we are and so even if we just getaway as a family it makes us happy. I think as the trips go on, you look for different things. We dont rush round trying to do everything. We take one thing at a time and just do what we want each day. Some days we didnt set off to the park till 2pm!

Give yourself some time and your views will change and Im sure you will then know whether you want to go back again. Elsie is only young so you have plenty of time! x

16. tinks_1989

This was my 14th trip to Disneyland Paris and I just didnt feel the same buzz there like I have before. I am glad they have Dreams but if that is where all the money is going and the rest of the park has to suffer things being closed etc I would rather go with out it.

Trust me we took it slow in 4 days we only rode 3 rides Its a small world, Buzz Lightyear Lazer blast and Pirates of the Caribbean. We couldnt of done it at a much slower pace. We walked at Elsie's speed and barely left Main Street as she was so happy taking it all in.

But when you go to a character meal (and they aren't cheap once Elsie is 3 we wont ever go because I am not paying nearly 30 Euros for her to eat nothing) and the characters just stop for a photo and sign your book its not worth it. In March Minnie Mouse sat with us and fed Elsie and was just brilliant. The year before Stitch got on the floor with her as she could only crawl was brilliant. I know there are a lot of people there and they have to see every one but I just think we had it so good before we were sorting of expecting it every time. If we hadn't of been to CowBoy Cookout and had it save our holiday I dont even think I would of posted on this part of the board ever again as I was so disappointed with Disneyland Paris. The smoking, the cost of everything just seemed ridiculous, the souvenirs were so similar to the stuff in the Disney Store, the park opening at 10 yet some rides being closed till 11 - 11.30, the scrums.

I know I will come round to the idea of going back but I just don't think I can twist DH's arm any more he has never enjoyed DLP after going to WDW.

DLP to me though is some where really special I went there with my grandparents who are now longer with us and just feel like it is some where special to me.

The main park to me is beautiful the castle is just gorgeous but the Studios is just well to me it looks like an industrial estate. We spent an hour there is that. The character meet and greet there is so poor and so is Stars and Cars. Just nothing there for us to want to even go in there any more.