Hollywood & Vine

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Miranda Danda, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Miranda Danda

Miranda Danda DIS Veteran

A week or so ago someone posted on Theme Park Attractions and Strategies about a rumor that Hollywood & Vine is about to switch over to Captain Hook, Smee, Jake, and Izzy for their character meals.

I searched and searched for the thread, to no avail! Anyone heard about this?

I certainly hope it's true for the sake of my Hook-loving DD4!!! Hehehe! :)

TIA!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jvptravels

jvptravels Mouseketeer

Before they change the characters, they really need to do something about the food. This was by far the worst restaurant I ate at last month (dinner).

4. Miranda Danda

Uh oh! I've never eaten there before. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup2

5. j71

j71 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if H&V has charatcers for dinner?

Thx!

6. McDubbs

McDubbs Disneyphile

I was at DHS a couple years ago on Christmas Day, and had dinner at Hollywood and Vine. The food was so-so, and I wound up with food poisoning. I will never eat there again!

7. Icecoldpenguin

Icecoldpenguin May the Force Be With You

I have never eaten there before but I have seen nothing but poor reviews about how awful the food is. I would head over to the restaurants board to find reviews.

8. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

We had breakfast there a month ago and the food was just fine. Good, selection, hot and tasty. I believe Kenny the Pirate posted the rumor of the possible character change, no confirmation. Same current Disney Jr. characters for breakfast and lunch.

9. riostoker

riostoker Earning My Ears

Seems like that would really restrict who would be interested in going there. If your kids don't like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, there would be no reason to go. With a variety of characters from 2-3 different shows, they would attract more people. I would LOVE to see Doc McStuffins there! (and Izzy too)

10. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We haven't gone there in several years and may be only for breakfast (maybe once for lunch), but I don't think we've ever had BAD food. I think we had a bad server once though.

It's not among my favorites anyways but it was sort of a traditional "Last Day at WDW" meal for a while. My youngest has generally outgrown the characters though.

11. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

:eek::sick: Two hours after dinner [Sept. 20th]............JVPT., I will second your vote. :sick: :eek: :sick: :eek: :sick: :eek:

12. baseballmickey

baseballmickey DDC #644

Had breakfast at H&V in early August. Thought the breakfast selection was good and the food was hot and fresh. We enjoyed the fact that is was much less crowded than other character breakfasts we had been to on that trip. Having characters from different shows, (Jake, Oso, June, Manny) made it more enjoyable as well because they were able to vary the interactive portions for the kids, and not have the same sing-a-long or parade over and over.

If this rumored change is to get more people to eat there, then they should consider adding Doc McStuffins. I read not too long ago that it's the most popular Disney Jr. show. I still wonder why they don't have a Toy Story character meal?? I could see that being extremely popular.

13. Lake_Mary

Lake_Mary Mouseketeer

I agree with the updating of characters. Seems like Disney is always a step behind their own popularity! We took my DD5 there when she was a baby, and they still had JoJo's circus characters at H&V even after the show was off the then Playhouse Disney. Currently Doc McStuffins is a huge hit IMO!

14. Miranda Danda

My DD4 (and I) would looooove to see Doc McStuffins there! Love her!

15. Disneyfreak44

Disneyfreak44 Mouseketeer

Ya I ate the breakfast there and it wasn't bad there were a lot of things to choose from

16. Shannon12

Shannon12 Mouseketeer

Just did lunch there a couple of weeks ago, and I dont get the bad reviews! It was perfectly adequate for a buffet. We didnt eat anything that made us say ewww gross. It was much better than when we did a Chef Mickeys lunch a few years ago. Maybe my expectations were low because of the bad reviews, but it really wasnt bad. My VERY picky husband thought it was decent too...

17. Fantasmiss

Fantasmiss DIS Veteran

I think they might replace June with Doc McS, as Doc is getting popular and June is getting kinda chubby. No, not chubby, outdated. But I'd started a Tangled quote and had to finish it! :)

18. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

This! Both my DD's loooove Doc McStuffins. (The doll has made their Santa wish lists) We ate there once for lunch when DS was 3 and into JoJo's circus but we have not gone back because the characters are still the same. So a Doc McS update would put it back into play for us. BTW we had no problems with the food when we went.

19. MelissaTnNc

MelissaTnNc Mouseketeer

We were there a few weeks ago for breakfast and the food was very good. Better than Crystal Palace for sure, my husband thought better than Chef Mickeys. I loved the corn beef hash and breakfast burritos, he loved the omelets. We love Jake at our house, DD kept asking him where izzy was :). But she loves June, so all was not lost.