Hollywood Studios - What are the Best Snacks, CS and TS meals

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by IMwink, May 16, 2009.

1. Reese

Reese DIS Veteran

When we were there last week all the popcorn buckets were the same in each park. The were all the "Celebrate Imagination".

I have to say that we have enjoyed the ABC Commisionary both times we have ventured in there. The curry was a mild one that my little ones shared with me (I would have prefered more spice ;)). They also have a cheeseburger on the kids menu.

The fried cheese appetizer at 50's PT is very yummy. Also I love the desert view finder.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chevyscool

Chevyscool Mouseketeer

We also enjoyed the Brown Derby...in fact, it was one of our best meals of our trip last year. We were on the DxDP, so we ate at a lot of different places, including many signature restaurants, and BD was so good, that we're repeating it again this year! :thumbsup2

Like another poster said, it's very quiet and it doesn't seem like it belongs inside a park, but it is, so it's a nice escape from the "busyness" of HS.

The steaks are fabulous, as was the famous Cobb salad and the service was impeccable! It felt a little weird being in shorts and t-shirts getting such wonderful service and meals, but we got over it...especially after enjoying our amazing desserts. Don't worry BD was fantastic, for us...hopefully you will like it just as much as we did! ;)

4. IMwink

IMwink Mouseketeer

Brad

the fantasmic deal is for meals during off peak times 3-5pm, and I am not to sure about the 5pm, I think it is for meals before 5PM.

And ofcourse the show isn't until 9pm. I am doing the Package just so I don't have to stand in line. I've never been to HS or Fantasmic, but I figured it would be a good idea just to have some sort of an advantage, especially if the lines are as bad as everyone claims.

5. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

I think the popcorn buckets are hit or miss. I got a Toy Story one in March. Don't know if that was what was available or if that was just what they were selling outside of Toy Story Mania.

I now have a Halloween and the TSM buckets!

6. DiznyDi

DiznyDi <font color=darkcoral>If you remember, we are the

DH and I look forward to starting our day at Hollywood Studios with lox and bagels at Starring Rolls. We're just back (9th of May) and unfortunately they are no longer serving this. When we inquired, the CM took pity on us, as this is our ultimate favorite, and disappeared for 5 minutes and came back with 2 plates......

We also enjoy the cobb salad for lunch at Brown Derby.

7. IMwink

IMwink Mouseketeer

Haven't been on the boards in a while just checking in

8. fenila

fenila Earning My Ears

Very palatable. This is fine description for the snacks. It enhances the taste of touring to a great extent.

9. webprinter

webprinter DIS Veteran

For:

TS= 50's PT for their fried chicken dinner. Their prices are a lot better than many in WDW also.

Snack= Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls

CS= None

10. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

My daughter lives for the candied apples at the Villians store.