Hollywood studios rumor i just saw

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mbrou24, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Birdman1511

Birdman1511 Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you

Thats a great idea, but what would you do about 50's prime time and hollywood and vine?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

In my opinion Two restaurants are easily replaceable or movable. So tear them down or put something else in them like a star wars store or even a star Wars themed Restaurant ( Catina ? ) . I have only ate at them both ONCE so no big loss for me buut if they are super popular amount guest ( I have no idea if they are or not ) then just move them to a new location.

The whole area really would be great for a Star Wars Land IMVHO

and it gives plenty of room and its far enough away for Carsland !

4. ChrisnKim913

ChrisnKim913 DIS Veteran

I wouldn't think you would have to touch Hollywood & Vine and 50's. I say start at Indiana Jones, retheme the Backlot Express to say the "Cantina", and add an attraction into the old "Sounds Dangerous" building.

5. shyeyes

shyeyes Earning My Ears

ahh - i knew there was probably some catch.

stark expo would fit PERFECTION with epcot. when the footages of stark expo was shown in iron man 2, i couldn't help but to think of epcot.

i will keep dreaming that a stark expo will come true. thanks for the info!

6. Birdman1511

Birdman1511 Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you

In all honesty, I really like this whole idea/concept. I mean, IMO, I could too do away with both H&V and 50's Prime Time. As fun and unique as 50's PT is, I would much rather see like a Cantina or Dex's Diner type of place to go along with Star Wars Land. And like you said, they're also easily movable. The only issue would be a lot of people would probably complain about 50's PT being moved/removed.

While thats true, I just wonder if it would feel too compact to be an actual land. i think you'd need more space

7. ASteelersMidget

ASteelersMidget DIS Veteran

Just because i'm not sure it was totally clear. Disney can't use any Character being used at Universal or other characters in the marvel family.

So No Avengers, Fantastic Four, or X-Men.

8. ChrisnKim913

ChrisnKim913 DIS Veteran

Correct. From my understanding can't use current characters they use in their park... Pretty cool to see your in Rochester, NY. I'm from there.

9. MapleGirl

MapleGirl Perpetual Planner

I thought they reported on one of the recent Dis podcasts that there are plans (a confirmed date?) to tear down "Lights, Motors, Action!" to make room for Cars Land. Anyone else hear this or am I just making stuff up?

10. ChrisnKim913

ChrisnKim913 DIS Veteran

I've heard it but only as speculation. I really have a feeling Carsland will be exclusive to DL.

11. ASteelersMidget

ASteelersMidget DIS Veteran

It was nothing more than speculation and propelling a rumor...

12. jnoble82

jnoble82 Mouseketeer

HS is probably my least favorite park. I got so angry when I was there. I had trouble figuring out the layout and it frustrated me. :P I also didn't like that when I was looking for a soda and something to eat at around 11, only ONE place was open. According to my time schedule (maybe I read it wrong?) only one place was open between opening and 10:30, 11. The line for the one that was open was huge and the indoor space small. Still, I'll probably visit for TSM, backlot tour, maybe try the animation studio, muppets, and ToT on my trip in December and I'll come back around the time of the light show but I don't see myself spending the day there.

13. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

by far HS is mine too. I get angry too because I expect more out of Disney. I like the basic premise but it desperately needs a Star Wars Land and then knock down the car stunt show to add something like Cars Land.

Id like for them to keep the backlot tour as its a nice BREAK kind of ride but if it had to go I wouldnt miss it too much

Again like the basic idea/theme of the park but it really needs something

In the last 10 years I went once ( 3 years ago ) and I was mad at myself that I tried it again. Waste of money and time. Id rather have gone to one of the other parks a 2nd time.

I am actually going again in March but that is because I am bringing some Japanese friends with me that hasnt been to WDW before but that will definitely be the last time I go until they do a major new Addition to the park

14. Meetmeinmontauk

Meetmeinmontauk DIS Veteran

I heard this 'speculation' as well. I think that would be pretty cool!

15. johnnycake

johnnycake Earning My Ears

I know a few weeks back lots of folks were almost certian of a cars land announcement. I am personally glad that is still a rumor, keep cars land in CA, save an DHS expansion for a indy/starwars land.

16. lilsk8nmac

lilsk8nmac Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

I agree, I would like to see them put an Indiana Jones themed ride in this spot. And since they purchased LucasFilm, this would def. work now. :thumbsup2

17. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

I love the Indian Jones ride in Tokyo, my favorite ride in the park infact and Id love to see it in Florida. THe stunt show isnt bad, its my favorite show in the park but the park is too show heavy and if it meant getting a star Wars Land or an Indiana Jones ride then Id be okay with it going

I would be as though if it was closed and we had NOTHING of Indian in Florida, but I guess at the same time that just makes going to Tokyo a plus ( I live in Japan for part of the year and part of the year in Florida )

I have never been to the California resort despite going to California many many times but I plan on going once and only once in a few years.

So a Cars Land in Florida would be very welcomed for my family and I

18. Marshypooh

Marshypooh Mouseketeer

Definitely agree with this. My family really loves DHS and we always spend 2 days there, but even with that extra time we always seem to get the most exhausted here than at the other three parks. Have been there at various times of the year, too, but with the same experience every visit. It can be quite a challenge scheduling all the shows, rides, meals, and the parade with all the scurrying around back and forth. I guess Disney's strategy is working because I do spend alot of time in the shops in between shows and fastpass return times.

On the other hand I will say, for all of it's often times difficult navigation, I still find the layout to be very charming in it's own unique way. I really love the street design concept and hope that never changes.

19. afnaechiquita

afnaechiquita DIS Veteran

I agree with that. The Indiana Jones show is nice, but the ride from Japan would blow it out of the water and give something to HS.

One thing I have never understood about HS is why TSM is so popular, when the Buzz ride at MK is almost the same concept (ride around and shoot things from your car)? Clearly, it works, but that just confuses me. :confused3

20. rdhshady3

rdhshady3 Earning My Ears

HS needs some new attractions. Sometimes it is hard to stay at the park all day when you dont have the hopper.

21. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Studios is a "feeder" park that supplies early day diversions to crowds that tend to defect to EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, and Downtown as the day goes on...

Perhaps it didn't start that way - but it has evolved into that kind of model.
    Simply put: when you have the bigger parks with more merchandise and food comparably available - you create the possibility of making more profit off the staff you are employing...and as they stopped short of making Animal Kingdom a true full day experience...they clearly "tiered" their two least popular parks (by attendance) into being feeders to the big money makers.

So it comes down to this: there is little reason for major capital investment and construction in studios until the parks become crowded to the point where they need more people in the park all day - and those people consume more disney on-site hotel rooms.

That is not the case - the parks are far from "crowded" to the point where they need a bigger footprint and a billion of new rides at studios. Whatever your perception is - the reality is that they don't fill up magic kingdom and EPCOT enough to warrant this.

And based on overhead and profit - the animals are far more expensive to maintain and they have undoubtedly alot higher cost to run animal kingdom. It makes more sense to add to AK to recoup costs - if they were inclined to do so. But we aren't there.

So i advise caution when "predicting" expansion at studios. Right now, they are making more bucks off toys in every toy isle at walmart off their recent acquisitions.
    Would it be nice to show us some love and put in new lands and rides? Yes of course...but the reality is this:

WDW is there, it makes a heap, people still flock to it, and the prices have been on the steady rise for years.
    Why give us more when we take what you're giving already?