Hollywood Studios closing early?

Emsody22

Earning My Ears
I was trying to book a dinner at Prime Time Cafe for October 6 (Tuesday) but it shows the hours are only til 5 at the restaurant... But the posted park hours show til 7:30. I then checked all the other restaurants and they close at 5 too... Is it likely they will close the park early and not have fantasmic even though the hours say til 7:30 as of now?

I have no definitive answer, but I think it is more likely a glitch in the dining system. Disney does sometimes close parks unusually early for events (check out Nov 17). But once Disney posts the hours, they rarely shorten them, the changes I've seen were parks hours extended to be open an hour later. Maybe call WDW-DINE and see what they say.

Last edited:
I have no definitive answer, but I think it is more likely a glitch in the dining system. Disney does sometimes close parks unusually early for events (check out Nov 17). But once Disney posts the hours, they rarely shorten them, the changes I've seen were parks hours extended to open an hour later. Maybe call WDW-DINE and see what they say.
Thanks! I called and they had no clue either. I did google it and I guess a big corporation rented it out last year on that Tuesday... I guess they may be doing it again?

Thanks! I called and they had no clue either. I did google it and I guess a big corporation rented it out last year on that Tuesday... I guess they may be doing it again?

Very interesting. Maybe on that Tuesday this corporation is renting out HS after normal park close? Maybe the last ADR is 5pm because Disney doesn't want regular park guest dinners overlapping the private event? Maybe the private event has special food service in the restaurants, and they want the regular park guests long gone?

Very interesting. Maybe on that Tuesday this corporation is renting out HS after normal park close? Maybe the last ADR is 5pm because Disney doesn't want regular park guest dinners overlapping the private event? Maybe the private event has special food service in the restaurants, and they want the regular park guests long gone?
Probably. I am just bummed because it was the only night we had to try and catch fantasmic :( oh well, at least it won't be crowded while we are there most likely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter