Hollywood Entertainment Museum?!

AussieAngel

DIS Veteran
I'll admit it... I'm an X-Files nerd.

I LOVE The X-Files. Even though it finished years ago.

So when I discovered Mulder and Scully's office set is on display in the Hollywood Entertainment Museum, I was very excited!

Has anyone actually been there? Is it good?! The website doesn't look that amazing, and I imagine I'd pay the $10 entry fee to walk in, take a photo of the X-Files set, then leave again.

Is it worth it!? Are there other fun things to see as well?

Tah!! :cheer2:

Sorry to break it to you, but the museum closed a few weeks ago. Supposedly it's "moving" but no idea when or where. I suspect the stuff in it will stay in storage until some actor or producer, or group of them, donates money to find the museum a new site and help them keep going. They were barely staying afloat for a long time now, so it doesn't surprise me that they've closed.

What a bummer! We were looking forward to checking our the Musuem on our trip as well. Any other places/museums in town where you can see old hollywood props, costumes, etc. besides doing the Studios Tours?

JenLoy said:
What a bummer! We were looking forward to checking our the Musuem on our trip as well. Any other places/museums in town where you can see old hollywood props, costumes, etc. besides doing the Studios Tours?

There is the Hollywood History museum/Max Factor museum which is located in between Mel's Diner and the Ripley's museum on Hollywood and Highland (just across the street from the El Capitan). (They have special package tickets for this musuem and another one if you buy a tour of the star's homes). I've never been inside this museum, but it's not small, so it should have lots of props and costumes. http://www.seeing-stars.com/Museums/HollywoodHistoryMuseum.shtml

In fact, this site has a list of most of the museums in the general area. http://www.seeing-stars.com/Museums/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter