Holiday pricing

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Freyja, May 21, 2008.

1. Freyja

Freyja <font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den

We will be at WDW from 11/25-12/09, when should I expect holiday prices? Just on Thanksgiving day, the whole week, the entire two weeks?

I had never heard of holiday prices until today so I´m kind of stressed out...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ShellyLynn3630

ShellyLynn3630 DIS Veteran

Probably for a couple of weeks. This is just one way of Disney trying to screw people out of money. Its ridiculous!!!!!

4. Freyja

That´s insane. Especially since we can´t get the dining plan since we´re staying the first week offsite and the second week onsite. We´d have to pay for our 10 day tickets and extra 1 day tickets for everyone, which again is insane for a family of 7 (6 paying).

So, how bad should I expect it to be? How big are the price increases?

5. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Holiday pricing = Holiday gouging.

Just my 2 cents.

6. ShellyLynn3630

ShellyLynn3630 DIS Veteran

So true!

7. Freyja

You´re freaking me out! Is it that bad? By how much should I expect to increase my dining budget? Does the holiday pricing only apply to TS places or CS as well?

8. megveg

megveg Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Well for some reason the end of may and june are holiday priced? and this is what I have for info

Ohanas Character buffet was 18.99 per adult and "Holiday Pricing" is 22.99 per adult.

I think its just for buffets? but dont quote me, if you ask Disney Dining when you make your ADRs they can tell you price changes:)

9. aribelle

aribelle DIS Veteran

I had figured there would be a surcharge for Thanksgiving Day though I've not yet seen it posted....so after reading this I decided to hunt around Allears for information about surcharges last T-day. Oh vey, did I learn a few things!

According to Allears (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_thks.htm) LAST YEAR many of the restaraunts had special meals/buffets specifically for Thanksgiving Day and some weren't serving their full regular menu. For instance, 50s Prime Time Cafe was doing a buffet with "limited" a la carte regular menu.

Anyone know what was on the buffett? I don't think I've ever read that Prime Time HAD a buffett. Is it traditional Thanksgiving stuff, turkey, ham, etc....or is it their regular menu but on an all you can eat style? We wanted the pot roast and chicken pot pie, not turkey! I had figured on paying a couple dollars more, but I hadn't figured on not being able to get the food that we wanted. May need to rethink even eating onsite if they're changing the menu and style of eating. I'm not fond of buffets for lunch or dinner....breakfast is ok, but I prefer not buffet later in the day.

Oh boy....now I'm gonna have to rethink all this again. I'm starting to think maybe I should just go ahead and go see grandma in Tampa for thanksgiving....it'd be free (LOL) and yet the same food I'll apparently be getting at Disney. We were hoping to spend time with Grandma later in the month without the 30 extras she drags in off the street for holiday meals, though.

10. love_mickey

love_mickey nina

I have heard the prices are higher by far.We are going back to disney in december was there last year and 5 of us went my youngest son didnt count cause under 3 i left my baby girl at home with her great grand mother any way am going back in december of this year and there will be 11 to 12 of us and out of those is 6 children so what we are going to do is get our room and split the cost of the extra room thought about getting a time share or something but decided not to we are going to stay 7 days on site magic hrs are great mayb that is something you would like to do is split the cost between everyone:) jusst a idea :) pixiedust:

11. puzzles

puzzles Mouseketeer

We'll be there Dec 7-14. Will it still be holiday time pricing? Gosh, I hope not!

12. sdickison

sdickison I live in Orlando, Florida

The other posts are correct. They will up the price not only for Thanksgiving Day but for the entire Thanksgiving week. I have a friend that works at O'Hana, and he told me they upped the price on the regular meal for the week to the same higher price of the Thanksgivng Day offerrings.

13. Freyja

Splitting the cost isn´t really an option, considering that 5 of us are our own kids (oldest 14) and then DH and I, which are "splitting" the cost anyway.

14. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

I saw that too...however, on wdwinfo it indicates virtually the same thing except there are specific dates attatched to the special pricing...for this past year it was 11/18-11/24 which would have been from sun. the week of Thanksgiving through friday day after thanksgiving...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Thanksgiving.htm

and according to this it says 50's prime time will have the thanksgiving menu plus the regular menu...
    Disney MGM - Studios

50's Prime Time Cafe '07

11:00am - Varies

Price (not including beverage, tax and gratuity):

$24.99 - ages 10 and up

$9.99 - ages 3-9

Feature Menu

Chef's traditional Thanksgiving dinner including dessert. Regular a la carte menu is available.

15. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Disney has added the "holiday surcharge" not just on holidays.The surcharge is and can include weeks surrounding holidays.Weeks that Disney considers prime vacationing time.It usually applies only to character dining and buffets.there was a post awhile ago that had the specific details as to what weeks are considered holiday pricing.

16. MUDisneyCouple

MUDisneyCouple Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!

We are going during the holiday season (Dec) and wanted to get the DDP...you can stll use the DP, right? Your gratuity will just be higher...right?:confused3

17. VrBchJ

VrBchJ DIS Veteran

At least there's a Holiday in Dec. "Holiday" pricing in June is ridiculous.

18. Freyja

Yes you can. And the good thing is that the DDP prices are the same.

19. Liltx

Liltx DIS Veteran

I know the Princess Storybook has holiday prices in June are there any others?

I think it is crazy. What holiday is in June for goodness sakes? It's not like they are serving a special menu. But of course they know we will pay since little girls love the princesses. :headache:

Monica

20. drcandon

drcandon Mouseketeer

Welcome to make money the Disney way...the holiday gouging stops in December usually the first week until a few days before Christmas so you have a window of opportunity. But, be aware that the gouging continues with what now Disney call premium priced days and events..for example the MMCP is much higher priced on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, then on other mid week days and Disney is considering if they have not already done it, increasing the price of buffets/table meals in the affected park (Magic Kingdom) during that time.

Same thing during premium days at the holloween event....

Now during Christmas week itself everything is in premium mode days...

I would like to say that this is just Disney being a pain, but if you look at the cruise industry - they are nickel and diming you to death as well...

Don't be too surpried if Disney transportation becomes an "ADD ON" in the future what with the price of gas..again the cruise industry and most air carriers already have added on a "gas tax"....

No to get to whiney, but I wish my wages would keep pace...

And for right now the DDP does cover the increase cost..but again..don't be surprised int he future if they add a premium cover option to that plan...

21. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

even though there are no official holidays in June.The "holiday" pricing is in effect because it is what disney considers prime travel time so they charge more.Most of the buffets /character meals are subject to this surcharge during those times.