Holiday Dreams Do Come True with Pooh-Pooh Too! Family of 14 at WL (COMPLETED 3/23)

Yeah, i wasn't that impressed, but then again, i am picky too. I think we might give breakfast a shot next time, it is hard to mess up breakfast.

We didn't try Trail's end personally, but like you said, breakfast is breakfast. so you have had the dinner over there, how is that? We almost always do hoop dee doo on the big family trips. we really love Ft Wilderness. I see you do too! ;):thumbsup2

They always put out a good meal, but it's nothing to go out of your way for. All basics you find at really any buffett.

Fort Wilderness is great:lovestruc but, it's got to the point now where we don't go to the parks as much and we want to be at a resort with a lot more action. FW was just starting to get too relaxing:laughing: if that is possible.

They always put out a good meal, but it's nothing to go out of your way for. All basics you find at really any buffett.

Fort Wilderness is great:lovestruc but, it's got to the point now where we don't go to the parks as much and we want to be at a resort with a lot more action. FW was just starting to get too relaxing:laughing: if that is possible.
:lmao:i can see that. As kids, we stayed in our pop up camper there and we've also stayed in a wilderness cabin too as adults. REally loved that. FTW has a lot to offer for sure. But disney really makes 'relaxing' easy in all the resorts, if that is what you are looking for. I really loved sitting in the rocking chairs by the fireplace at WL!!!

I know Boardwalk sees a lot of action- nothing like sitting on the balcony watching all the guests go by! :goodvibes

:lmao:i can see that. As kids, we stayed in our pop up camper there and we've also stayed in a wilderness cabin too as adults. REally loved that. FTW has a lot to offer for sure. But disney really makes 'relaxing' easy in all the resorts, if that is what you are looking for. I really loved sitting in the rocking chairs by the fireplace at WL!!!

I know Boardwalk sees a lot of action- nothing like sitting on the balcony watching all the guests go by! :goodvibes

We've been trying to get a beachclub/boardwalk villas the past 2 trips! Sadly, no go:sad2: As DVC members we can't book until 6 months out and those villas are booked up by then *sigh*

Yay for getting to swim in the pool!! :goodvibes How fun!! So sorry you had a bad experience this time around at 50s Prime Time. 2 hours is WAY too long for younger kids to be able to sit and be entertained! And again--the light display is gorgeous!! :lovestruc

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0df34b3127ccef94ab4d7e0b500000030O08RbtHLVi1B7efCQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

Aww, aren't you cute! :cutie: I always wanted to do the college program, but I had already met DH and couldn't stand the thought of so much time away from him back then. Now, it would be ok. ;)

well they don't offer the great discount they used too and that 15% off for visa expired back in june 09 (why i ordered so early).

I think they upped the Cd price now to $149.95 (used to be $99.95). but there is a discount i see on the photopass page to save $15. JAN15CDT through January. So it would cost you like $135 now, not sure there is another VISA discount offered again or not. I haven't read about one since that one last summer unfortunately.

here is the link to photopass. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photocd.aspx#photocdTop

Unfortunately with the raise in prices this year, not sure we will do it again or not. Alan hates having his picture taken anyhow. I love having them done and as Pooh gets older, i might want more pics! lol The only way we would do it again in the future is if we were doing a photopass share, where you 'share' the cost with other family members or people travelling at the same time as you (perhaps you start a group on the disboards). That is what we did for our one CD too. All 14 of us got our own photopass cards to use while at the parks, but once we returned, everyone gave their cards to me. I entered all the card #s, so all of our pictures appear under one account. So all of our pics will be on one CD and then I will burn copies for everyone. This way we are only paying for one Cd, but all 14 of us get the pics and the benefit of it. I've seen people on teh boards here that are 'friends' online and travel to the parks at the same time do a share----one person is 'in charge' of it and so you have to send them your card # and then once they get the CD, they make a copy for you (which could include all their pics too unless they take the time to sort out and only burn your pics). make sense?:confused3;):thumbsup2

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photocd.aspx#photocdTop

oh and next time, i will also know to ask for more 'magic' shots, the photographers don't always offer these up. where you are 'holding tink' or at epcot there is even a soarin one, where it looks like the characters are 'soarin' above you. I even saw one at halloween time iwth the ghosts from the haunted mansion inserted. cool! And they now let you put your Test Track ride photo on your card/Cd too. I hear they will be starting that with Space Mtn and other rides soon too- that would make it more worth it to me. I never buy those ride photos, but they would be fun to have. I didn't know aobut the Test Track one until we got home and saw my sister had a TT photo on our account. There is a kiosk near the ride exit where you insert your photopass card where it 'scans' your number to match up your photo for your account.

thats what i was thinking that the prices have gone up...i think i am leaning towards the side of not doing it. we had family pics taken after christmas with both boys and they were horrible the whole time...so i think we have decided we do not want to waste time getting our pictures taken all the time. The kids are too little and too impatient.

We've been trying to get a beachclub/boardwalk villas the past 2 trips! Sadly, no go:sad2: As DVC members we can't book until 6 months out and those villas are booked up by then *sigh*

sorry ;) we are booked at the beach club villas for feb! Can't wait!

yeah, when looking into DVC, i read about the 7 month and 11 month booking windows, I never knew that before. you can get on a waitlist, can't you? but nothing ever turns up, i bet.

Yay for getting to swim in the pool!! :goodvibes How fun!! So sorry you had a bad experience this time around at 50s Prime Time. 2 hours is WAY too long for younger kids to be able to sit and be entertained! And again--the light display is gorgeous!! :lovestruc
Loved the pool, i only wish we had more relax time to spend in it. that will be a priority for us next trip. :wizard:

Aww, aren't you cute! :cutie: I always wanted to do the college program, but I had already met DH and couldn't stand the thought of so much time away from him back then. Now, it would be ok. ;)
lol, thanks Sara, i hate that pic and hated the costume even more. I had to wear hose with black shoes. and a hair net, not for sanitary purposes, but for the 'cafeteria lady' look. It was strictly a cafeteria back then, so i spent many hours with non english speaking folks pointing out what items they wanted with 'sign language'. lol. I actually did leave Alan for that whole semester, he wasn't too happy about it. It was my senior year, i had one class left to graduate. But i really wanted to do it and i was so glad that i did. I regret not trying for an advanced internship, but oh well. I was in a hurry to get back to Alan and graduate school. I should have tried for the adv internship and stayed a bit longer. Alan and I were living together at the time and had already been dating for almost 4 years, so separate for that semester was hard, but worth it.

thats what i was thinking that the prices have gone up...i think i am leaning towards the side of not doing it. we had family pics taken after christmas with both boys and they were horrible the whole time...so i think we have decided we do not want to waste time getting our pictures taken all the time. The kids are too little and too impatient.
Yes, i hate that it is so pricey now. But keep in mind, you can always ask a photopass photographer to take your picture for you. They are always very kind and will take one with your own camera for you. So if there is a certain place you want a pic at where a PP photographer is, just ask. I've never heard them turn anyone down. You will just not be able to put the borders on it, but you will still get a great photo!

sorry ;) we are booked at the beach club villas for feb! Can't wait!
woo hoo!!! :thumbsup2:wizard:

Working on the next post- sorry work meetings and business dinners have taken over life lately! I should have the next day up by tomorrow- stay tuned!!:goodvibes

yeah, when looking into DVC, i read about the 7 month and 11 month booking windows, I never knew that before. you can get on a waitlist, can't you? but nothing ever turns up, i bet.

\:

There is a waitlist, but why take the chance of going on it and not getting a hotel at all.

I just found your TR and I'm loving it. It is exactly what I was looking for. We have a 7 month old and we are taking her to Disney for the first time next year. She'll be 2.5. Also we are taking along 12 ppl...:) This is great. We have been many times before, but never with this many people. Everything I want to do and want to eat...you did it so far...it's great to see how Disney happens with a toddler.:rotfl: I know every kid is diff but this is great insider info...lol. Keep it coming and I can't wait to read more.

There is a waitlist, but why take the chance of going on it and not getting a hotel at all.
do they let you book at your home resort and have that a back up ressie and then waitlist at the same time? just curious since we are looking into DVC and i don't know all the ins and outs. :goodvibes

I just found your TR and I'm loving it. It is exactly what I was looking for. We have a 7 month old and we are taking her to Disney for the first time next year. She'll be 2.5. Also we are taking along 12 ppl...:) This is great. We have been many times before, but never with this many people. Everything I want to do and want to eat...you did it so far...it's great to see how Disney happens with a toddler.:rotfl: I know every kid is diff but this is great insider info...lol. Keep it coming and I can't wait to read more.
welcome!! so glad you found us! Going with a large group can be challenging, but fun. just be sure to stay flexible and not try and overdo it all together. splitting up was actually nice. I was surprised at how well disney did sitting us together for most of our meals and if we were not at one table, we were right next to each other.

i can tell you that it was difficult with a 2yo. It was a little overstimulating for him. Even with a daily nap, it was hard doing those long meals, so keep that in mind. next time we won't do so many sit down meals (which ate up too much time anyhow). Overall he was pretty good, but it was definitely different than travelling sans kiddo. The child swap passes were great though. But we weren't able to do things the way we used to, like taking my time shopping, i had to keep in mind that he wasn't patient. Or rushing through things- we had to slow it down. definitely a change, but not a bad one. Seeing his face light up made it all worth it!

When are you guys going and where are you staying?

Thanks for being patient- here is the next installment!

MONDAY, DECEMBER 14- DAY 5

So today is Day 5, but actually our fourth full day in the parks. The plan today was to meet in the lobby early to be at AK for early entry at 8am. That night, we would use a babysitting service and enjoy a nice dinner at Shula's and a night out (adults only!), drinking around the world showcase at Epcot. We were looking forward to this!

As it turns out, Nancy was not feeling very well, so her and Chase slept in. Same goes for just about everyone else. No one seemed to want to meet at 7;30am to get to the AK early except me, Jeff and Nene. Alan even stayed in this morning, but I can’t remember why, he only split up from Pooh and I twice the whole trip and one time was so he could do his ‘annual work review’ online and submit before the end of the week. He ended up meeting us later on though both times.

So anyway, Nene, Jeff, Pooh and I headed out to the AK. We drove in and parked pretty close. I think Nene and Jeff drove their own car, so we could split up later if we needed to. We had our plan in place, head directly to Expedition Everest! It was really foggy this morning but comfortable, temperature wise.
ry%3D400

So we didn’t make it for Rope Drop, in fact, we never did the whole trip, but we always made it just a few minutes after. So when we came in, it was crowded, but not insane. We made our way over to Expedition Everest and Nene and Jeff got in the standby line, which was 5 minutes at like 8:15am. We also got a child swap pass. I took Pooh and got us all fast passes too and then we went to sit down and wait for them. They were in and out pretty quickly and this was their first time riding. They loved it! Next, Nene stayed with Pooh while Jeff and I rode again, we literally walked right on using the child swap pass. The standby line was probably a 15-20 minute wait by now. We really loved EE, I love all the detail and almost wished I could wait in the queue line to enjoy all the cool stuff in there!

After EE, we decided to head to the Dinoland area and hit Dinosaur and maybe Primeval Whirl. So first, Nene and Jeff went on Dinosaur and we got a child swap pass again. Gotta love that child swap pass, which basically works just like a fastpass, except you can use it for yourself and I think up to 3 other people! So Pooh and I went to ride the little dinosaur triceratop spin ride while they did Dinosaur. There was no wait. Pooh had fun!
ry%3D400

Then Nene and I went on Dinosaur while Jeff took Pooh on the triceratops ride again. Jeff isn’t around kids much, but he did great with Pooh! Nene and I had a fun ride on Dinosaur, I had forgotten how jerky it is.
ry%3D400

I had hoped we could do Primeval Whirl next, but the wait was like 25 minutes now and I wasn’t sure we want to make Pooh wait again.

ry%3D400

So we decided to just head over to get a bite to eat. We found a little cart with some coffee, drinks and pastries. Nene and I shared some coffee cake. Now comes the funny part- while ordering, Nene was telling Jeff to use their snack credits for this. He refused to- he said he wanted to ‘save them’. Keep in mind we had already been at WDW for 5 days now and they hadn’t used one snack credit yet. I guess Jeff is a ‘saver’! She finally convinced him to start using their credits, but they did have a lot left at the end of the trip (which they use to buy take home snacks). Anyhow, that was just funny! I am all about using your credits when you can and then pay out of pocket at the end if you need to.
ry%3D400

And btw- we did have the dining plan for free. We were first given a PIN CODE for it (my first pin code ever, which actually came in a postcard in Alan’s name to my mom’s house??). But later they offered the free dining to all during that time frame anyhow.

So we sat and enjoyed a nice little break and snack. It was not even quite 10am yet, and we had done EE, Dinosaur and Triceratops spin. While eating our snack, Pooh thought it was fun to go sit down on all the little stones behind us.
ry%3D400

After our snack,we headed to tough to be a bug with no wait! I think this is my favorite 3D show besides Philharmagic. Just so cute. Pooh really got a kick out of it and wasn’t scared at all. We enjoyed getting some pics of the tree of life!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

At this point, we heard from Mama and Papa, they had made it in and were in line for the Safari. We had just missed them and got in line. The wait was about 20 minutes or less, not too bad. We boarded our truck and headed out to save the elephants! We saw some animals this time, including lots of giraffes. No lions though, at least not that I could see. We had a good ride and a great driver. She kept picking on Jeff- he had on his sunglasses (and it was not very sunny out) and she kept saying ‘that guy in the sunglasses’ (remember it was sort of foggy earlier!). I don’t think he was amused. Lol
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After our ride, we found my parents waiting for us at the exit. We also caught up to Chase who had came on his own and Alan too. So the crowds were picking up by now and we decided to do the Pangani Trail. I enjoyed this last trip, but it was really hard to enjoy it this time with the crowds and the stroller. Maneuvering the stroller through the people and the trail was just not easy.
checking out the fish!
ry%3D400

So we made our way out and stopped to look in a store or two. Nene had bought a really cool chime for outdoors here last trip. Chase ended up buying one this time. Jeff thought it was funny to keep giving Pooh all these fun toys in his stroller- like the little bongo drums etc. We ended up getting out without buying anything though, much to Pooh’s dismay! But we did find a little cart outside and got some cool beverages and of course Mama had to buy Pooh something- he got a safari Pooh bear! It is smaller, but makes Pooh bear #3!
ry%3D400

more to come later!!!

do they let you book at your home resort and have that a back up ressie and then waitlist at the same time? just curious since we are looking into DVC and i don't know all the ins and outs. :goodvibes

?

I'm actually not sure about that:confused3 DVC is great though!! I would recommend buying in for sure!! I belive I heard somewhere that they're trying to sell the AKL villas since they've had trouble selling them. Is that where your looking to buy?

Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Shula'spopcorn:: We ate there last trip and we're going back again this year. Yes, it's a little pricey but it's well worth it! I think I actually enjoyed the sides more then the meat:laughing:

I'm actually not sure about that DVC is great though!! I would recommend buying in for sure!! I belive I heard somewhere that they're trying to sell the AKL villas since they've had trouble selling them. Is that where your looking to buy?

Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Shula'spopcorn:: We ate there last trip and we're going back again this year. Yes, it's a little pricey but it's well worth it! I think I actually enjoyed the sides more then the meat:laughing:
I like AKL, i've stayed in the regular rooms, but DH likes BLT for the monorail proximity, MK proximity and ability to see fireworks etc. Plus he likes the lower maintenance fee, although the point price is higher (I think it about equals out in the end over time with AKL). Neither of us like the 'modern/contemporary' feel, we are both traditional folks in terms of decor, so AKL is more of a fit in that regard. We will see, but if we buy, he is leaning towards BLT.

I'll try and post the rest of the day later today. Shula's was fantastic!!!! service was phenomenal :thumbsup2

tons of meetings today, getting back to real life blows. can't i be in disney instead? :confused3:wizard:

welcome!! so glad you found us! Going with a large group can be challenging, but fun. just be sure to stay flexible and not try and overdo it all together. splitting up was actually nice. I was surprised at how well disney did sitting us together for most of our meals and if we were not at one table, we were right next to each other.

i can tell you that it was difficult with a 2yo. It was a little overstimulating for him. Even with a daily nap, it was hard doing those long meals, so keep that in mind. next time we won't do so many sit down meals (which ate up too much time anyhow). Overall he was pretty good, but it was definitely different than travelling sans kiddo. The child swap passes were great though. But we weren't able to do things the way we used to, like taking my time shopping, i had to keep in mind that he wasn't patient. Or rushing through things- we had to slow it down. definitely a change, but not a bad one. Seeing his face light up made it all worth it!

When are you guys going and where are you staying?

We will be going in September of next year prolly near the end of the month. We want to do MNSSHP and hopefully free dining. Right now I'm looking at 3 rooms at POP. It seems to be the cheapest. I was looking at getting one giant room, but it's twice as much as 3 rooms. Yeah, the problem I will have is slowing down. I'm like you. When I get to Disney I'm full on Disney mode...I go, go, go. But going with ppl who have never been before and a 2yo, I will have to remember.:)

We will be going in September of next year prolly near the end of the month. We want to do MNSSHP and hopefully free dining. Right now I'm looking at 3 rooms at POP. It seems to be the cheapest. I was looking at getting one giant room, but it's twice as much as 3 rooms. Yeah, the problem I will have is slowing down. I'm like you. When I get to Disney I'm full on Disney mode...I go, go, go. But going with ppl who have never been before and a 2yo, I will have to remember.:)
the kiddos don't give you much of a choice on slowing down....and you know your kids limits. We knew that he couldn't sleep in a stroller and a 2-3 hour break was a must and we could tell when the breaking point was getting near. yet another friend with toddler twins under 2 was able to go all day long and just let hers sleep in the stroller and that worked for them. just figure out what works for you and go with the flow! These is nothing like seeing that smile on their little face. I know 5-6 is probably a more ideal age to bring them, but for someone so passionate about disney like us (and after struggling to have children like me), i couldn't wait to take him!

I like AKL, i've stayed in the regular rooms, but DH likes BLT for the monorail proximity, MK proximity and ability to see fireworks etc. Plus he likes the lower maintenance fee, although the point price is higher (I think it about equals out in the end over time with AKL). Neither of us like the 'modern/contemporary' feel, we are both traditional folks in terms of decor, so AKL is more of a fit in that regard. We will see, but if we buy, he is leaning towards BLT.

I'll try and post the rest of the day later today. Shula's was fantastic!!!! service was phenomenal :thumbsup2

tons of meetings today, getting back to real life blows. can't i be in disney instead? :confused3:wizard:

The real world does blow:laughing:

I've always liked visiting AKL, but I don't know if I would be a fan of staying there:confused3 It's rather secluded from the rest of WDW and there's not too much to do at the actual resort. I'm someone who has to be near action:thumbsup2

Whew!!! All caught up finally!!! You have been super busy!!!!

So, just a couple things...we also have a Boston!!!! They are fun dogs, huh?!

TSM is a great ride...agreed!!! We too are no longer that into Chef mickey's dinner, breakfast was even lacking for us this time. We didn't get to do the Crystal Palace breakfast afterall and will try next trip.

You guys were really getting a lot done on those MK days!! Good job! I feel like it is hard to accomplish a lot in one trip to HS also...takes us at least 2!!

Lastly...I know you are from Texas...but so sad that you are Cowboys fans!! LOL That's a tough one to get past!!!

Waiting for more!!!

And...wanted to add that Will looks so cute in all these pix...it's a lot for a little one like that sometimes, but he seems for the most part to be taking it in stride!

;)
The real world does blow:laughing:

I've always liked visiting AKL, but I don't know if I would be a fan of staying there:confused3 It's rather secluded from the rest of WDW and there's not too much to do at the actual resort. I'm someone who has to be near action:thumbsup2
yeah, that is the one negative, it is so far away from everything. another reason DH liked BLT. I do love that lobby though!

Whew!!! All caught up finally!!! You have been super busy!!!!

So, just a couple things...we also have a Boston!!!! They are fun dogs, huh?!

TSM is a great ride...agreed!!! We too are no longer that into Chef mickey's dinner, breakfast was even lacking for us this time. We didn't get to do the Crystal Palace breakfast afterall and will try next trip.

You guys were really getting a lot done on those MK days!! Good job! I feel like it is hard to accomplish a lot in one trip to HS also...takes us at least 2!!

Lastly...I know you are from Texas...but so sad that you are Cowboys fans!! LOL That's a tough one to get past!!!

Waiting for more!!!

And...wanted to add that Will looks so cute in all these pix...it's a lot for a little one like that sometimes, but he seems for the most part to be taking it in stride!
Yes, my poor Cowboys. What can I say. They played crappy and well we just gotta hope next year is better.

Yes, we have two bostons- Sassy and Tinkerbell. Will loves to torment them these days. Boarding them while we went away was not cheap, but they did okay!

Yes, i think we might attempt Chef MIckey's breakfast next time. who knows, if we buy BLT this year, we might be seeing a lot more of Chef Mickey's. lol. Crystal Palace is a must every trip, and he loves Pooh, so there ya go! ;)

Can't wait to hear the latest adventure for your clan. How were the crowds your week? it wasn't too bad for us, but it wasn't empty either. with good planning, we were able to accomplish a lot, but it was far from empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter