Holding account question-60 day window?

disneyfanforever

DIS Veteran
We are still looking into DVC and I have a question regarding the holding account if we would have to cancel our vacation within 30 days. It is my understanding through reading this board that the points that we would have used for our vacation would go into a holding account and could only be used for a vacation in which a reservation is made less than 60 days prior to the beginning of the vacation. Is that correct? If so, is it even possible to get a WDW DVC room(s) in that short a time frame? If there are none available, can those points be used at other WDW resorts.

Thank

I had to use 80 points last year in a holding
account. I cancelled the first week in January,
and ended up going to OKW in a one bedroom the
second week in February. So, yes it does work.
I don't know if it would work at another time of
year, though, when the parks and resorts are more
busy. Anita.

Since all reservations are based on availability, it will certainly depend on when you will try to reschedule the trip. The purpose of the Holding Account is to provide an option for the member who must cancel a reservation on short notice, but to still discourage that practice.
Yes, those points could also be used at a non-DVC resort- but there are other restrictions there, depending on how close you are to the end of your use year.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

If you think you may have to cancel look into the options. As Doc says, there are other restrictions such as not being able to use the points for non-DVC resorts if you are also within 60 days of the end of your Use Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!