Hockey Pockety Wockety Wack A Tale of A Trip from the Back of the Pack

What a fantastic view, and upgrade! You lucky duck!!

Beaches and Cream is a fantastically cute place! I really liked it. And NO bus wait! Awesomeness at its best! :thumbsup2

I was definitely not expecting a room upgrade. Since it was the first weekend of food & wine, and the race weekend, I expected that the resort would be filled up. It was a wonderful surprise.

Beautiful room!

Mmm... Beaches and Cream. Yummy. :goodvibes

I loved Beaches and Cream, cute, and really good ice cream. So good!

I uploaded my pictures for my next update, but I was so busy this weekend that I didn't have enough time to write anything up. I should have the next update up within a day or two. I did finally finish my photopass editing, so I happily I'll be able to submit my order by the end of the week. I also put together a photobook for the first time too, so I'm anxious to see how that comes out. Normally I scrapbook my trips, but I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking that I thought I'd try this out for this trip. I had pre-ordered the book when I ordered the CD so I got a discount at any rate. I filled up the included 20 pages pretty fast though, so I am going to have to pay a bit of an overage charge. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get the book.

Since I'm not ready to post my normal Monday post, I thought I'll leave you with a couple of photos from my busy weekend instead. Friday I took the day off from work so I could go to my younger niece's 7th birthday party. Her actual birthday was actually last month, but she wanted a Halloween themed birthday party so they postponed it for a month. The entire family got into the swing of things and dressed up to the delight and entertainment of all the kids at the party.

I went as Raggedy Ann, and my mom went as an angel. She was going to wear the same thing as last year, but once my niece told her to "step it up" she went out and got some wings and accessories to dress up an old costume of mine. :rotfl: I get such a kick out of the fact that my nieces are definitely in charge of my parents sometimes.

76363_1637010895861_1554391591_1539637_4329659_n_opt.jpg

I couldn't wait to take the wig off by the end of the party, so when it came time to open presents I ditched it. My niece loved the Pandora bracelet that I got her. She just kept telling me "You listened to me!" so happily. I don't even think that she had mentioned that she wanted it to her mom or dad because my sister in law had no idea she had wanted one. I got her the starter bracelet and two beads and now I'll just add on a bead for different events and holidays. I like that at the end she'll have a bracelet of memories important to us. :lovestruc I adore both my nieces and love them both equally, but my younger niece and I do have a special relationship that's different from my relationship with my other niece. I never understood what my mother used to mean about loving my brother and I equally, but differently until my nieces came along. She is definitely not shy when the cameras come out. All you need to do is point one at her and the smile is turned on full force.

149987_1637011215869_1554391591_1539641_1010501_n_opt.jpg

On Saturday I saw the entire family again when we all went out to dinner for another belated birthday celebration - for my recent 40th. We went out to a local italian restaurant that we all love, and then went back to my place for cake. My brother and SIL surprised me with an awesome Coach bag. I've never owned one so I was thrilled.

Also, in honor of my 40th I chopped about 8-10 inches of hair off my head. I've been thinking of doing it for awhile now, and finally I couldn't take the long hair anylonger. I can't tell you enough how much I'm loving it now! It's amazing how liberating a good haircut can be! I love that I'll actually be able to dry it before I leave in the mornings now, and not have a repeat of last year when I'd have ice cubes in my hair by the time I got to the train station.

77091_1637011295871_1554391591_1539643_8286567_n_opt.jpg

A real update will be coming soon, I promise!

I never understood what my mother used to mean about loving my brother and I equally, but differently until my nieces came along.
Word.
OMG the girls are getting so big! And I like the new hair.

Your niece is adorable! I love your haircut and I agree it is liberating to just cut it all off and try something new!

Can I ask what is a Pandora bracelet? Sounds like a fun party!

O.M.G....I LOVE your hair!!!!! It looks great!

OMG, too funny! I'm making an appointment to chop off all my hair as well, and I know you and I have talked about this kind of thing before. I just can't take it anymore. :lmao: Anyway, love the new do, it's sassy!

And you looked so cute with your Mom on Halloween. And yay for your niece liking her present! Nice update. :goodvibes

Word.
OMG the girls are getting so big! And I like the new hair.

I still am amazed that my younger niece is now 7. We won't even get into how much I can't believe that the oldest is 9. :scared1: It's strange. On the one hand I can't believe how big they are getting, and on the other hand it's hard to imagine back to life without them. It feels as if they have always been with us.

Love the Raggedy Ann costume and the new haircut!!!

Thanks. My mother had made me the costume a few years back, and I had only worn it the once. It was about time I dragged it out again.

Love your new cut... very pretty!!! :goodvibes

It felt wonderful to get rid of all that hair. I think everone at the salon was completely shocked. I don't think I've ever had an auidence watching my haircut before. No one could believe that I was doing it. :rotfl:

Your niece is adorable! I love your haircut and I agree it is liberating to just cut it all off and try something new!

Can I ask what is a Pandora bracelet? Sounds like a fun party!

I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me when I cut it, which sounds really strange, but it did. I think cutting my hair this time felt very symbolic - a new start to my 40's. :)

Pandora bracelets are modern charm bracelets. You purchase a basic silver starter bracelet and then you can add on different beads and charms. Here's a picture I found on the internet.

turquoise-pandora-bracelet.jpg

Unlike vintage charm bracelets these can be changed easily. I never really paid them much attention before until my niece asked for one. I was a bit surprised at the cost, but the quality is excellent and I figured that it's a bracelet that she'll have for her entire life. I may have to upgrade her to a bigger bracelet at some point, but then she'll just have to transfer the charms.

I liked it so much that I just bought myself a Chamilia charm bracelet for myself. It's really the same thing as the Pandora, but they had a bangle style that I really liked, and they have Disney charms.

CHAMILIA-Blue-Bangle-and-ju.jpg

O.M.G....I LOVE your hair!!!!! It looks great!

Thanks. :goodvibes It is so much easier to take care of now! I loved my hair long, but it took way too much effort.

OMG, too funny! I'm making an appointment to chop off all my hair as well, and I know you and I have talked about this kind of thing before. I just can't take it anymore. :lmao: Anyway, love the new do, it's sassy!

:lmao: That's exactly how I felt about my hair. I couldn't take it a minute longer. I was actually tempted to go a bit shorter, ala an inverted bob like my favorite character on Warehouse 13, but I thought I should wait a bit on that. I can't imagine having longer hair and dealing with a baby. I remember when my nieces were small they were always grabbing at it.

My younger niece loved it, because now my hair is like hers. :)

And you looked so cute with your Mom on Halloween. And yay for your niece liking her present! Nice update. :goodvibes

I think she really has a blast getting dressed up, and the kids really do enjoy it too.

I was so happy that she loved it, and I love that she had asked me specifically for it. :goodvibes

Crissy, I 'm just loving your new do!! REally, really like it on you! And yes, I do know how completely liberating a new hair do can be! Even if it's just adding color or something- it can totally lift your spirits!:thumbsup2

The good things about the pandora and chamillia bracelets is that the beads fit on both both brands of bracelets. I'm buying my mom one for christmas I think.

You look so cute in your new haircut pic! Hot mama!! :lmao:

Still catching up after our trip!

First off, Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

What a lovely trip down to WDW! It sounds great traveling out of White Plains! We always go out of the small airport in Islip, NY to avoid the city and it's soooo much easier!

WOW! What a great view you got! That makes me soooo excited for my trip to Beach Club in May!!! Woo hoo!

LOVE your new haircut!

Can't wait for more!

I love your new hairstyle! I absolutely undestand your feeling about it, I cut my hair about a year ago and love it short!! :goodvibes

I really like the new DO too!

Your niece is cute. It is funny how they seem to wrap their little fingers around their grandmothers. My daughter can get my mother to do anything.:lmao:

I love your new hairstyle! I absolutely undestand your feeling about it, I cut my hair about a year ago and love it short!! :goodvibes

I'm only wishing I had done it sooner!

I really like the new DO too!

Your niece is cute. It is funny how they seem to wrap their little fingers around their grandmothers. My daughter can get my mother to do anything.:lmao:

My parents are both completely weak to the two of them. I laugh to myself, because my mother was never that easy when I was a kid. :lmao:

Sounds like your getting good luck this trip!!! I loving the hair cut!!

It was a great trip. :goodvibes

I LOVE that haircut!!!! Your halloween costume was adorable too, but I know wigs get itchy and annoying after a while :rotfl:

Its sweet reading about your relationship with your niece :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!