Hockey for us Canuks?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by criddla, Feb 24, 2013.

1. criddla

criddla Earning My Ears

Hi - this may be a naive first timer question...but here goes....hubby is a huge hockey fan and since we are cruising on spring break I am wondering if there is any place for him to meet some other hockey fans to watch a game or two....I thought I read somewhere that ESPN is offered on the in room channels, but I think he'd prefer to watch it on a bigger screen. Any advise from sports loving previous cruisers would be great. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

each ship does have a pub/sports bar type venue in the adult area? i would suggest trying there. :goodvibes

4. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

DH and DS asked about watching a game in 687 (Dream/Fantasy's sports bar) when we were on the Dream in 2011, but they couldn't get it.

5. wendyoconnor

wendyoconnor DIS Veteran

When we were on the Fantasy last April we were able to watch some hockey.

Alot is dependent on where the ship is, can they get the signal via satellite, and which channel the game is on. Some channels or satellite feeds aren't available when the ship is in port. Weather can affect the satellite signal too.

6. jeneric997

jeneric997 Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, ESPN doesn't cover hockey. Channels that cover in the US are NBC Sports and NHL network, I don't remember either being in the room. NBC shows games on most Sundays, so that should be easy to see. I streamed the radio broadcast through my computer and had to settle for highlights after the game.

I'm sure if the signal is coming in, the sports bar, 687, will have some hockey. If he's really desperate there is Gamecenter live on nhl.com, but I haven't tried it in years and it was horrible.