HobNobbing with Nobby (A Gnome's 1st Trip to the World) FINAL Upt: 9/23 (P.48)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by jenjolt, Jan 22, 2009.

1. julezdisney

julezdisney Boo to the b!

Ok- I read this the other day but just now got the pictures to go with it! :thumbsup2

Yummmm!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JPFamilyMom

JPFamilyMom DIS Veteran

How fun to meet up with one of your youth group girls. I helped out with youth group at my church when my sister was in h.s. It was great bonding time for us and kept me young. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip, the lunch looked devine.

4. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I leave for a week, and you update, Jen??? :sad2:;)

Lunch at Chefs looks soooo yummy! That is definitely going on the list for next time!

5. julezdisney

OMG! CP's back! Hi CP!

6. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Hi, Julez!!!

7. stacikristine

stacikristine DIS Veteran

HOW FUN! It sounds like you and Steph had a fabulous time. I wish I could take some of my youth girls to Disney World with us! (well...for one day at least :upsidedow) Yay for you for trying the Orange side--was it bad? Michael and I are both not good with spinning...should we stick to the easy side? Can't wait to read more!! :goodvibes

8. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

9. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

What a nice surprise to see an update! You have a great memory! (or did you take lots of notes?) Nice update!

10. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

I'm sure you are enjoying your visit home but I can't wait for you to return to this TR. I need a Nobby fix!

11. julezdisney

12. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

13. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

Thanks for all the wonderful replies!!! You guys have been the best audience ever!!!! I'm running full blast because I now have a deadline for when this needs to get done...a deadline you ask but why??? Well you see I have a PTR to start soon...so update is coming right after this commercial break LOL!!!

Chapter 16: Characters and more Characters and Steak for Dinner

Steph and I really enjoyed our meal at Chefs and after filling our bellies with great food we were ready to conquer the rest of World Showcase. We had told Steph’s parents beforehand that we were on a mission to find some characters. Steph really wanted to find Beauty and the Beast, I wanted to find Aurora, and Nobby wanted to find Snow White. Well as we were settling the bill, my cell phone rang it was Steph’s mom and she wanted to know if we wanted to watch Impressions de France with them. I had never seen the movie before and Steph insisted that we should, she said if for nothing else the music is fantastic (Steph plays the flute and loves the beginning of that movie.) I was really impressed with the theater and I did enjoy the movie, afterwards we explored the back of France, where I saw this and had to take a picture.

[​IMG]

A certain DISer will know this picture was taken with her in mind LOL! Steph and I decided at that point to try to find Princess Aurora’s picture spot and wait and see if we could find her, when the cell phone rang again, it was her mom again LOL! She was calling to inform us that Belle AND the Beast were outside between France and Morocco by the lagoon. Well you didn’t have to tell us twice we headed straight over there. Steph got her book of Disney fairy tales signed and I made sure to introduce Nobby to Belle who was quite taken with the little gnome.

[​IMG]

I have to say that of all of our group pictures of me and Steph the ones taken with Belle and the Beast are some of my favorites and I have a copy of a couple of them on my desk at home. So after that we backtracked back and met up with Aurora for a few pictures.

Next stop was Morocco where we admired the beautiful tile work and light fixtures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course Steph insisted we stop and take a goofy hat picture and I being the good youth sponsor that I am happily obliged her.

[​IMG]

We didn’t really stop too long in Japan, we were on another mission, we wanted to enjoy the Voices of Liberty and then watch us some American Adventure. As were walking to the American Pavilion we were able to stop and listen to the Fife and Drum band play (Does anything make you feel more patriotic than listening to them play, gets me every time).

[​IMG]

We then made our way into the rotunda, now it had been a very long time since I had been in this pavilion so I asked Steph to give me a tour, this girl knows her EPCOT. She showed me all the lovely photos including the plane painted in such a way that you get different views of it as you walk in front of it, I was very impressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She also showed me the different gallery exhibits. The Voices of Liberty were amazing, we had great seats right on the floor under the rotunda (LOL, yes I even sat on the floor for her LOL).

[​IMG]

I really enjoyed the music but I was getting all excited for what was next and boy did it not disappoint. I simply adore the American Adventure, it’s just so American LOL! Once we were done with the show we headed to the gift shop and of course took a goofy looking hat picture again LOL!!

[​IMG]

Then it was on to Italy, however on the way to Italy we hit JACKPOT, whatever do you mean Jen you might ask…well we hit the character jackpot. Between America and Italy were a ton of characters all waiting for us to meet and greet. Here are a few pictures of some of the characters were we able to meet…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a blast meeting with all these characters, and then we enjoyed Italy. I love the architecture in Italy; it is just a gorgeous pavilion.

[​IMG]

On our way to Germany we had to once again stop and take a very goofy hat picture, of course this time Nobby insisted he be allowed to take a hat picture too.

[​IMG]

The gnome was getting a bit cranky because we had seen the characters we had wanted but no Snow White for him and he was getting nervous he wouldn’t get to see her again. Well he had nothing to worry about because waiting for us in Germany was his lovely lady and she was so very happy to see Nobby again. Isn’t that just a wonderful look of awe, Nobby was feeling much loved and very special once again!

[​IMG]

After literally dragging Nobby away from Snow White, we decided to press our luck and see if we could find Mulan in China. Mulan was another princess Steph had yet to meet and wanted to get her to sign her fairy tale book, so off to China we went.

Well as it turns out we had just missed Mulan, however another very special character was there to meet us, Mushu. Now Mushu is my favorite, that little dragon is hilarious so I was thrilled and so was Steph. Mushu was quite the character and decided to have some fun with Nobby, although I’m not quite sure how much Nobby enjoyed meeting Mushu, I think he might have met his match, what do you think???

[​IMG]

Continued in the next Post...

14. jenjolt

After all of this I looked at my watch and realized it was getting close to the time of my Yatchsman reservation and meeting back up with Steph’s parents in England. So we quickly explored Norway and Mexico in hopes of finding some characters in England before we would say goodbye for dinner. I have to say I’m in love with the England pavilion it’s another one where the charm and beauty just get me.

[​IMG]

In England you meet characters in their very lovely toy store so we went and sure enough there was a short line to meet the Pooh characters so we got in line, even Nobby enjoyed getting in line.

[​IMG]

I love this room and all the memorabilia from Mary Poppins, I really want to get a carpet bag like hers some day.

[​IMG]

Then it was time to meet the characters, big hugs were given all around. These characters were a lot of fun and really loving I loved the look on Steph’s face when she got her first hug!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately after meeting up with Pooh and the gang our time was done for awhile, I was going to have dinner at the Yatchsman and Steph and her family was going to have dinner in Germany. So we met up and said goodbye and I headed to the Yatch Club. The walk from EPCOT to the Yatch Club was amazing, I was able to enjoy the view and take a few minutes to chat with Prince Phillip about the most wonderful day I had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in awe as I walked into the Yatch Club it was simply breathtaking. I made sure to take a photo of this gorgeous light fixture for LL.

[​IMG]

I would have wandered around even more but I had a very special dinner that I did not want to miss.

[​IMG]

I quickly checked in and only had to wait but a few moments before my hostess led me to my seat. On the way she showed me the different cuts of meats being cut right in the restaurant and showed me all the lovely desserts. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

My server John was very accommodating and always made sure I had plenty of water and stopped to converse with me. He first brought me out some rolls; I love bread so this was a great way to start.

[​IMG]

I began my meal with a light appetizer, I decided on the tomato salad and boy was I happy with this choice.

[​IMG]

The tomatoes were fresh and just ripe and the dressing was perfect, I would not hesitate to get this appetizer again.
    For my main course, I got the Filet mignon with red wine sauce and mashed potatoes. I was no fool if I was going to the Yatchsman I was going to get the finest.

[​IMG]

Oh was this cut of meat good, it was so tender I could cut it with my fork and it was cooked to my preference. YUMMY!!

And dessert well dessert was easy…I chose the crème brulee, because this girl can never get enough of that stuff.

[​IMG]

Oh it was sinful!!

Dinner was amazing and I can’t wait for my next opportunity to dine at the Yatchsman everything and I mean everything was wonderful.
    After dinner I decided to walk back to EPCOT and enjoy the view at night and once again called my darling and spent a few minutes just talking with him and making sure my cats were still alive. I then called Steph and we met up on the England/France bridge to chit chat and wait for Illuminations.
    This day was amazing, I spent time with a lovely young lady and see Disney through her eyes, we shared great companionship and even better food LOL! And to top it off we ended the night watching a great nighttime show in Illuminations. On the way out as we walked I thanked Steph for a great day and we made plans to meet up again on Monday at DHS. It was another great day at Disney.

15. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

YOU MET FRIAR TUCK!! :scared1: My goodness! Where was your character mojo in May?? I can't believe all the ones you met!! :rolleyes1

Yachtsman looks really yummy. I also love the light fixture picture. :goodvibes

I never noticed the carpet bag in that room....:rolleyes1

16. Roxychica7

Roxychica7 DIS Veteran

Oh you certainly did hit the character jackpot! I laughed out loud with the one of Nobby and Mushu! :rotfl: And you look so cute in your patriotic hat! So awesome that you could spend part of the day with Steph, sounds like you two had a very productive day :thumbsup2
    And of course Yachtsman looks delicious! I'm a bread lover too! :goodvibes

17. BellaSoleil

BellaSoleil Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I never noticed the carpet bag either!

Jen, just so you know, I had to pause before Yachtsmen and run to taco bell. I was way too hungry to read it otherwise.:lmao:

Thanks for the shout out! Can't wait to read more.

18. TravelBug86

TravelBug86 Princess of Quite A Lot

Jen! I've been following along since the start of this TR and wanted to say Hi :flower3:
    Ooooo you got to see the voices of Liberty :lovestruc They are my favorite.. I love the American Adventure. It is a must see on every trip.
    Awww the picture of you and pooh bear is just precious!!! Looks like you hit the character pictures jackpot! :rotfl:

19. Northern Disney Girl

Northern Disney Girl DIS Veteran

:woohoo: AWESOME UPDATE JENNY!!!! :woohoo: I absolutely adore ALL the characters you were able to meet! :thumbsup2 Looks like you had an amazing time that day! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about what you did on the Monday you were there! :) Did you meet anybody interesting? ;)

20. jenjolt

Really I thought for sure you would have noticed the carpet bag...I loved it and the blocks that spell her name out! Yup Yup I met Friar tuck it was a great day of character meets!

Yatchtsman was so so good...I can't wait to go back! Yup Mushu sure liked Nobby and had fun with him I really like that picture too!

Hmmm...I had to eat something before I typed so I wouldn't go all crazy and get really really hungry!!

Had to take that picture for you!!

Aww thank you and WELCOME!!!! So glad to meet new people on here all the time!

Oh a girl after my own heart I adore the American Adventure oh yes I do!!!!

You'll just have to wait and see :rolleyes1!! I was so impressed with how many characters were out that day I really enjoyed it and so did Steph!

21. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

YAY for an update! I have been waiting to see that little rascal again (and Nobby too ;)) Sounds like a fun afternoon and a lovely evening, your steak sounds wonderful and much better than this little salad I'm currently picking at.