Ho! Ho! Ho! Away we go - A Disney Christmas - 2/15 Dec TR final thoughts and FEB TR!

SO much to comment on!!!!!!

Packing. I would have been a stressed out sweaty mess! And I'm sure I would have forgotten soemthing. Although since you ended up with 13 bags :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: perhaps not.

Snow. Aack I'd have been stressed. My DH would have been the same (just close your eyes) and no way would I have driven in it. I've had bad karma in those conditions (and a car ill-suited to it). Sounds like your car did amazingly well, that's outstanding!

Impressed that you just persevered and made it through.

LOVE the poinsettia tree and the view out of your room and I bed that Heavenly bed never felt so good after a trip like that, yikes!

Osbourne lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I want to see them someday, they look amazing!

The gingerbread house is spectacular but I am :rotfl2: at your DS trying to eat it!

That's priceless.

Why am I not surprised that a certain someone thought the gingerbread house was there for the eating?:lmao:
I'm impressed that you made it to the other resorts to have a look around! Next year that will be on my to do list for sure!
I can't wait to see your pictures!
The more I hear about Pirate's League I think it's going on the list for June. I'm anxiously awaiting your next installment!

You guys are off to a great start... now that the snow is long gone! ;)

We walked from the Dolphin the the International Gateway at Epcot on our first Disney day last year. It was such a nice walk! (We were dropping our rental car.)

The Osbourne lights look amazing (along with all the other Christmas decorations). I would love to see them sometime - I'm sure the pictures and even the Behind the Scenes special that was on tv don't do the display justice!

Can't wait to hear about the Pirate's League!

Honestly the pictures DON'T do them justice, even the really amazing photos that people with awesome cameras take. Because the perspective is not big enough for you to sense how small you are in all that brightness and twinkling!!!! It was Wonderful to see, and the snow falling all the more inviting.

Pirate's League COMING UP!

OMG... he tried to eat the gingerbread house?! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: That is TOO cute for words!

SIGH. Yes. Yes he did...:rolleyes: That is my son alright!! CUTE will only get you so far. Until the victorian ladies inside the gingerbread house decide to make you their next gingerbread boy!!!! :laughing:

Brunch looks super fun. What great time you got with the characters!

Can't wait to hear about Pirates League.

And to hear the tale of your new PTR! ;)

You know it really was!!! I am 100% sold on the late breakfast slot, because we are not big am breakfast eaters -- in fact we cancelled our morning at Cape May b/c no one wanted to eat at 8:30! It works great for us because I know both my kids will eat a whole meal and then some! And I like the choices... I don't care for traditional dinner buffets, but Breakfast that is another story, and 1900 has the omlettes, etc.

Pirates League COMING up! :thumbsup2

YES, the new PTR is brewing in my head... shoot, I got ADRs already and already made a resort change!!! :rotfl: OOPS... that Resort flip flopping is a CP move!!!

Ahhh hahahaha! That is so funny about the gingerbread house! :lmao:
Your pictures are great! Especially the Osborne lights...I think you really got the hang of your new camera! :thumbsup2
Cute character pictures....I didn't know Tigger and Pooh were there too? Maybe he wandered over from the CP? ;)
Tracy

YES I know he keeps us entertained hourly.... :rolleyes:

Thanks! I tried!!!! :blush: I got better photos on Christmas night, you'll see! You know, I think those two are regulars there.... not just the people characters... They will also be making an appearance at LTT too, while CP is closed I think... But wandering over is certainly a possibility!!!! :)

OmGosh! He tried to eat the house?! :lmao:

That is sooooooooooo something my boys would do!! I think my soon to be 2 year old would eat about anything!!!!!!

He'll even eat my cookin'!

:lmao: CUTE! Yes, he did try to eat the house. :upsidedow

Great update!

Can't wait to hear about the Pirate League. I've debated adding it for DS6. The only day we could schedule it would be MLK day and I'm scared the park is gonna be scary busy... and hesitate to schedule that big of a block of time away from zipping around for FPs. I'd love to know about how long it took y'all, if you remember! :goodvibes Thanks

Actually, we had an appointment at 12:30... I think the whole thing took an hour and a bit. Not bad at all! My DH actually did run out to grab a set of FPs and a cappuccino float :rolleyes1 while they were getting the makeup applied.. The boys were completely enamoured by their Pirate "mate" -- it really is fun to watch the interaction, and the CMs working there were wonderful! I would do it again no question. We got FPs, earlier in the day and grabbed another set while this was happening so we had FPs to use no problem.

Just read your entire report...so great!!! Your departure was so descriptive...I was on the edge of my seat!!! Amazing that you fit in all that you did...AND remembered it all! Loving all your pics...your family is beautiful!!! Can't wait to read more!

Yes it was an adventure! I have lots to share -- pictures really do help you remember what each day is like!!! :laughing: Thanks again, and I am glad you are reading along!!!! :goodvibes

arrgh! Page 7 :(

off to catch up!

Oh whatever!!!! I am just glad you are here!!! :goodvibes I love your comments!!!! :upsidedow

SO much to comment on!!!!!!

Packing. I would have been a stressed out sweaty mess! And I'm sure I would have forgotten soemthing. Although since you ended up with 13 bags :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: perhaps not.

Snow. Aack I'd have been stressed. My DH would have been the same (just close your eyes) and no way would I have driven in it. I've had bad karma in those conditions (and a car ill-suited to it). Sounds like your car did amazingly well, that's outstanding!

Impressed that you just persevered and made it through.

LOVE the poinsettia tree and the view out of your room and I bet that Heavenly bed never felt so good after a trip like that, yikes!

Osbourne lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I want to see them someday, they look amazing!

The gingerbread house is spectacular but I am :rotfl2: at your DS trying to eat it!

That's priceless.

Yes it was a funny funny moment to be sure! :upsidedow And YES those lights are truly amazing and worth the opportunity. I am so grateful that I had the chance. Still can't believe I was in Disney World for Christmas...

Oh heck yes that bed was worth its weight in gold after that night!!! The drive melted away, that is for sure!

I really thought the Dolphin decor was cool.

Why am I not surprised that a certain someone thought the gingerbread house was there for the eating?:lmao:

Because you have met him.... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm impressed that you made it to the other resorts to have a look around! Next year that will be on my to do list for sure!
I can't wait to see your pictures!
The more I hear about Pirate's League I think it's going on the list for June. I'm anxiously awaiting your next installment!

I just had to. I said to myself if I NEVER make it back here for Christmas again, I will kick myself if I don't see these dang decorations and lights that Samantha Brown gets to oogle and aah over!!!! I had to!!!

I missed WAY too much in the WS though. :sad2: BUT Now that we have done it, I think we will go back again!! Not next year, but very possibly again in a few. DH wasn't rejecting the idea, and he even was toying with DisneyLand sooo.... :rolleyes:

Hey, the Pirate's League is coming up next!!! Just gotta finish getting the photos set up.

Fantastic updates! I am so anxious to see/hear about Pirate's League. My DS wants to do it in June. I was also glad to hear your rave reviews of 1900 PF as we are also eating there on the last day of our June trip:thumbsup2

Hmmm I get the feeling after reading your post about Pirate's League, I'm going to reserve it for my nephew.

Baylor was checking out the update with me. Needless to say Pirate's League is a big :thumbsup2 from him for June!
The boys look awesome!
I think it will be a great break from either 1. the heat or 2. the rain :lmao:
So it's a winner for me!

So after a delightful lunch, we returned via the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom… a Pirate’s life was waiting for our two mateys!!!! On the way into the park I was fortunate to grab the Mainstreet trolley again! The boys liked watching this, and I loved seeing them in festive holiday outfits!

DisneyChristmas2009089.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009090.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009091.jpg

We walked over to the Pirates of the Caribbean and the entrance to the Pirate’s League. As we were walking towards the entrance my DS7 was distracted by the Pirate entertainment outside POTC. He wanted to watch. I said to him, “well before we can do that you need to be a proper pirate, don’t you think?” and when he looked at me quizzically, I said "we have some fun planned for you and your brother” and off we went to the entrance. Once there, DS7 was pleased, I could tell, and I explained to DS4 what we were doing and showed him the brochure that had all the pictures of the makeup selections. The nice CM there started chatting with the boys and got all the paperwork squared away helping them to make their selections. We waited outside the entrance only a few minutes, and the boys both seemed interested and excited. I was a little worried that DS4 would change his mind or complain but he didn’t, and once they were called inside, they forgot all about us!!! :laughing:

DisneyChristmas2009092.jpg

First they get to “discover” their Pirate Names… this comes from a strange box with a lock and a combination of a number on the die inside the box and their birthdate.

DisneyChristmas2009094.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009095.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009099.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009100.jpg

Then the CM looked up this combination of numbers in a big book and “proclaimed” them “Mark Plank Gun” and “Peter Black Heart”… Arrgh!

DisneyChristmas2009096.jpg

They were then ushered into the chamber where all the fun occurs…

DisneyChristmas2009102.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009105.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the Pirate’s League… the décor was really cool!

DisneyChristmas2009110.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009108.jpg

My DS7 chose a “black eyed Jack” and my DS4… well… he chose the "Cursed Pirate" … which as you will see, includes a wee bit more makeup… :laughing:
Here are the photos of the event. I think they speak for themselves!!!!

DisneyChristmas2009118.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009114.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009113.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009115.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009120.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009125.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009126.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009127.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009128.jpg

Now when the Pirate's League was announced, I was a bit skeptical. It arrived on the scene last summer I believe, and we missed its opening by a few days. I saw it in October and thought it seemed a little pricey, and I really didn't know what my kids would think of it. And I wasn't considering the Pirate’s League for this trip either, and frankly we wouldn’t have done it, but a month before hand, Disney announced the AP discount. The package that we chose was originally $49.95 each. With the 50% discount it was easy to decide, and two boys for the price of one sealed the deal for us. I thought about the whole costumed choice they offered, and while it was still less expensive with the discount, I know my boys would be happier with an Arcade card, so we opted for the makeup and photo, and not the costume.

That proved to be just enough fun! With the accessories the boys each received a broad sword. However, both really really wanted pistols… SO, DH went into the POTC store, and purchased a pair of nice pistols, and we got the 20% AP discount! He bought a nice pair, they are wood and metal and apparently are true cap guns… or so said the Pirate CM who worked with my DS4 (she laughed and said of course we don’t see THOSE in the Magic Kingdom!!!)

The boys each received the head scarf, the sword and belt, a pouch, eye patch, and a medallion. They also got a pair of teeth! And these were very exciting to DS4… it was rather comical! Each also received a fabulous 5x7 photo that was taken by a photographer there at the Pirate’s League, and a neat “Pirate’s Oath” printed with their name on it.. I will take a photo later to show you! They had to "recite" the Pirate's oath, they were announced as a "New Pirate" joining the league and then they got to go to the secret chamber... us "land lubbers" were permitted to join them, but our new pirates were sworn to keep us in line and that any loot we may steal would come out of their share! :laughing:

The Pirate's League was great fun. It was in total about an hour and a half I guess, and the kids were totally into it during that time. I saw little girls getting the Pirate treatment, and adults! The costumes were great, the same they sold this past Halloween, and if I knew what I would be doing I should have bought those on line after Halloween! But again, I don't know that they would have been worth the investment, as costumed play isn't something they do... weaponry, now that is a different story... and as you will see we amassed a few "disney" options, Pistols, swords, Buzz lazers, and light sabers... which are now strewn about the house!

At the end, I would definitely recommend the Pirate's League as a memorable treat to any boy or girl who has an interest! My guys really enjoyed it, and I thought the time and interest that the CM's gave the various park goers was really wonderful.

So two pirates in tow, we then spent the rest of the day at the MK, riding SM with our FPs, Peter Pan with FPs, and BTMRR with FPs. We didn't linger much after that, b/c we left the MK, about 3pm or so. We headed back to the Beach Club… Once back at the resort we got drinks and snacks, and relaxed. We then started to get ready for dinner at ‘Ohanas. Which was a first for us!

Baylor just read this update with me, needless to say he thinks this looks like a must do for June. For me, it's a winner because, 1. it will be a break from the heat. 2. it will be a break from the rain. :rotfl2:
Yay something to excite him to come back!

Fantastic updates! I am so anxious to see/hear about Pirate's League. My DS wants to do it in June. I was also glad to hear your rave reviews of 1900 PF as we are also eating there on the last day of our June trip:thumbsup2

YAY! Good for you! We booked 1900 again too! When are your June dates? There are several on my thread going in June!

The PLeague was fun! I definitely recommend it!

Hmmm I get the feeling after reading your post about Pirate's League, I'm going to reserve it for my nephew.

I hope so! He will enjoy it I am sure, and as an Aunt, you will too!!! :thumbsup2

Love your TR ---

cute kids, too !

:cool1:

Thank you and WELCOME! I am having fun reliving my vacation! :goodvibes

Baylor was checking out the update with me. Needless to say Pirate's League is a big :thumbsup2 from him for June!
The boys look awesome!
I think it will be a great break from either 1. the heat or 2. the rain :lmao:
So it's a winner for me!

Oh GOOD! Yes it would be that Heat or Rain!!!! :thumbsup2 Tell Baylor that kids of all ages were having a good time, and he would probably really like it! My kiddos thought it was great fun and so did DH and I!!!

Baylor just read this update with me, needless to say he thinks this looks like a must do for June. For me, it's a winner because, 1. it will be a break from the heat. 2. it will be a break from the rain. :rotfl2:
Yay something to excite him to come back!

Oh I am glad... I was reading your dilemma about him not being as excited... BUT yes, it is something to look forward too!!! Bringing one of his friends would be a big plus I am sure... And some of those rides he hasn't done yet... hopefully :thumbsup2

Your 1900 Park Fare brunch sounds perfect!!! So much fun when the characters interact with the kids!

As I was reading about your DS trying to eat the gingerbread house (and laughing hysterically), I thought, "That child needs a shingle!" Lo and behold I find out you did indeed buy him one. So, he got to eat a bit of the house after all. ;)

The Pirates League looks awesome!!! I will have to figure out how to fit that into the July trip as well, I think...your boys make very "fierce" pirates! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about Disney weaponry strewn about the house -- I feel your pain! :laughing:

Those are some snazzy pirates you have there! A much better deal with the 50% off for sure! I LOVE DS4's make up, what a riot he is after trying to the gingerbread house in that makeup! So perfect.

Evan would probably be all over it, though he is clearly moving into the alternating tween too cool/not too cool/big boy/little boy/confused...lol.

Not sure what Eric would think, he wouldn't go for the pixie dust at MSB...

I may have to let them see this!

Great review and pictures of it!

The Pirate's League looks like it was a lot of fun! Not sure if my boys would like the make up though...they aren't big on having stuff on their faces, especially Alex. I'm glad your boys were so into it!

Great Pirate's League pictures! My DS is sold on it for sure.

My June trip is the 23rd through July 2nd...I think we might overlap a few days??

Your 1900 Park Fare brunch sounds perfect!!! So much fun when the characters interact with the kids!
It really was great! We all ate a lot because we were actually hungry, and then we were set with lunch.

As I was reading about your DS trying to eat the gingerbread house (and laughing hysterically), I thought, "That child needs a shingle!" Lo and behold I find out you did indeed buy him one. So, he got to eat a bit of the house after all. ;)

Yup! That about did it! He loved it :) I bought several... :rolleyes1

The Pirates League looks awesome!!! I will have to figure out how to fit that into the July trip as well, I think...your boys make very "fierce" pirates! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about Disney weaponry strewn about the house -- I feel your pain! :laughing:

You know it was a hoot, and fun! They liked it. And I don't think it is a "baby/little boy" thing... frankly there were lots of girls too, older, so it must take over after BBB for some gals, b/c that is more fun than being a princess to the over 10 crowd I think... The girls looked cute! And like I said there were lots of boys!

Those are some snazzy pirates you have there! A much better deal with the 50% off for sure! I LOVE DS4's make up, what a riot he is after trying to the gingerbread house in that makeup! So perfect.

Evan would probably be all over it, though he is clearly moving into the alternating tween too cool/not too cool/big boy/little boy/confused...lol.

Not sure what Eric would think, he wouldn't go for the pixie dust at MSB...

I may have to let them see this!

Great review and pictures of it!

You know it is really okay for boys of all ages I think -- not at all babyish... there were a lot of little boys this is true, but like I said adults, teens, families... Yeah, my doormouse the gingerbread nibbler (well wanted to be a nibbler) turned Cursed Pirate!!! :laughing: It was pretty funny....

The Pirate's League looks like it was a lot of fun! Not sure if my boys would like the make up though...they aren't big on having stuff on their faces, especially Alex. I'm glad your boys were so into it!

A few of the designs had LOTS of make up. A few not as much. Mine liked it and had fun with the experience... maybe you could request LESS makeup?

Great Pirate's League pictures! My DS is sold on it for sure.

My June trip is the 23rd through July 2nd...I think we might overlap a few days??

YES, we would. We are there June 20 - June 29! Possibly a few days longer if we are able to score a DVC rental that week.. At anyrate this will be our longest trip, 10 days. BUT That is for the PTR!!!! :laughing:

Hmmmmm....

So what kind of Happy Dog Trip Report would it be, if Happy Dog didn't unveil some big Disney surprise in the middle of it??? STAY TUNED... :stir: ANY GUESSES?????

My Regular TR update coming this afternoon as well... I want to get at least ONE more day underway!! :thumbsup2

I think I know what the surprise is.....
but I was hanging out with you a week ago today.

Is it what I'm thinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter