Hmm.

Domo

Wotcha
I just bought a custom PC for work. I knew it glowed blue, but this is silly. It looks - and sounds - like a rocket taking off and firing it's retro rockets. Hum. :crazy:

It's not just about the l33t factor. Fans keep it cool when you have one or more powerful processors and/or graphics cards. My computer sounds like a B-17 getting ready for takeoff, but I've got a very powerful gaming box and NEED that cooling. My next box will be even hotter (power wise), but quieter because fans bearings and blade design have improved, the processors and graphics cards use less power meaning they generate less heat.

It's not just about the l33t factor. Fans keep it cool when you have one or more powerful processors and/or graphics cards. My computer sounds like a B-17 getting ready for takeoff, but I've got a very powerful gaming box and NEED that cooling. My next box will be even hotter (power wise), but quieter because fans bearings and blade design have improved, the processors and graphics cards use less power meaning they generate less heat.

Look at a Retina iMac i7, or the Mac Pro, big power doesn't need to sound like a 747.

Look at a Retina iMac i7, or the Mac Pro, big power doesn't need to sound like a 747.

No, thank you. I'd rather have a real computer than a Mac. :stir:

I build my own systems, so of course I'm a PC fan. (Macs are fine pieces of hardware, but you pretty much take the package they want to offer, and the price they want to get.) It saves me money because I can re-use components from previous systems as long as they haven't worn out or gone completely useless -- like a DVD drive I had to replace because it couldn't connect to my new motherboard due to outdated connectors. It also lets me get exactly what I want without having to take unnecessary bloatware, and it's a LOT less expensive than buying pre-configured systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter