Hitting up the good ol' Disney Store

Mittz

Earning My Ears
2 weeks ago my wife and I were finally in an area that had a Disney Store (Yay!) and we decided since it was our fist time away from our daughter, we would come home with something from the Disney Store as a surprise. There wasn't much choice available as far as inventory goes the day we went, but we eventually settled on bringing two medium plushes (Mickey Mouse, and Sully) home. Immediately we had regrets of not getting Mike. We happened to make the 2 hour drive again yesterday and once again found ourselves in the Disney Store. This time our daughter was with us. Long story short, we ended up leaving with Mike, Goofy, Nemo, and Simba. Anyone else find themselves trying to fill the Disney Magic with visits to the Disney Store? What do you do to fill your house with Disney Magic so far away from "home"? Do you fill yours with plush, or any other Disney trinkets?

As a single adult, I fill my house with subtle Disney artwork. As for my nieces and nephews, I always come back with various t-shirts and toys. There is certainly no shortage with the ownership of Star Wars and Marvel. :)

With 2 young girls, we understandably have a lot of Disney Princess product in our house, and their rooms have Princess and Pixie Hollow decorations (and an Elmo). Most of my Marvel/Star Wars stuff pre dates Disney acquisition, so I don't know if that counts?

Disney music and films :) We have a fair bit of Disney in our house (DS has a Cars bedroom and toys) but nothing beats the music IMO My son is into my old vhs sing a longs right now, and I love it!

Just sitting here on my couch in the living room (you know the one that's supposed to be the "most grown-up") i can see 3 ceramic Donalds, 2 Plutos, a snow globe that was put out for Mickey's birthday (forget which one but i go it for my 40th --12 years ago) 3 of the best shots from our visit for our 30th last year. Head out into the hall and the 1st thing you see when you enter is the thank-you letter/picture we got when we got home from that visit and one of my most prized possessions, a gorgeous framed collection of Donald pins surrounded by sketches of him throughout his "life" (obviously lots of him in my house) Down in the tv room is a print that we picked up and had framed last year that shows Walt with the castle in the background sorta hard to explain so here's what it looks like (terrible lighting in that room so it looks like crap!). 1st the "thank you card" Subtle touches that make me feel good. We managed to find a 2 CD set last year that has the soundtracks from every major ride & attraction in the 4 parks starting with the train on main street ... i put that on when i really want to get that "feeling"IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0574.JPG

Oh man I would love those CDs! I settle for YouTube soundtracks coming from my tv. My favourite Piece of Disney in my house is the baby donald that was mine as a toddler and is now my daughters! I always reminisce about the few Disney trips I took as a child when I see her playing with it.

As stated in another thread I have quite a few Frozen items. My latest catch is the Elsa & Hans Designer Collection journal.

We live within a 15 minute drive of two different Disney Stores (one being an Outlet). So we make frequent trips, and it really does provide us with a short taste of the Disney Magic.

Sometimes you can get some killer deals, especially at the Outlet store, so I always keep my eyes open for some great deals. We got a medium sized 101 Dalmatian plush back in the spring for $5. At different times of the year they clear our excess stock, and we got lucky and had our pick of lots of different characters.

We're lucky to live only 15 minutes away from the closest Disney store so we make several trips there each year ;-) Plush for my girls as well as the plastic smaller figurines are their go-to must have's at the moment. Tshirts and mugs are mine ;-)

So as I sit in my grown-up living room, I have a blanket with Mickey and the castle behind him, and I also have an old rotary dial Mickey phone from 1976. Down the hall I have some pictures on the wall from our last trip with my daughters when we were all celebrating "big birthdays" and a Mickey kettle in the kitchen. Isn't it amazing how we all have our favourite things.:)

I have way too much Disney stuff in our house LOL. Just sitting here right now I can see a Jim Shore Mickey figure, a calendar Mickey figure from Hallmark, a Haunted Mansion picture frame, three Beauty and the Beast snowglobes, all of our Disney movies, a Little Mermaid canvas print on our wall, Mickey potholders, subtle themed measuring cups, a calendar, and two of the shoe ornaments that have come out recently. There's probably more that I'm missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter