Hinting at possible DHS projects on Disney Blog.

Reddog1134

DIS Veteran
I realize that this isn't much to go on but this was in the comments of one of today's blog articles.

Katie: When will enhancements/additions be made to Hollywood Studios? In my opinion, that park definitely needs more thrill rides!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Keep watching the blog for updates. :)

LINK

She could have left the comment alone but the fact that she says to keep watching suggests an announcement could be made soon. Will it be Carsland? Monsters Inc Coaster? Tangled replacing BatB?

I too hope that something changes at HS. There are rides/attractions there that are critical to the parks success(RNR, TOT,even the great movie ride, though it could use some updating and Indy, all still big draws)but there are empty spaces, snooze factors(Drew Carey)that need some major makeover. I think this employee is just giving the generic answer but I hope she knows something we dont. Walts wish was for the parks to be ever expanding/growing. Lets hope thats the case with HS.

I too hope that something changes at HS. There are rides/attractions there that are critical to the parks success(RNR, TOT,even the great movie ride, though it could use some updating and Indy, all still big draws)but there are empty spaces, snooze factors(Drew Carey)that need some major makeover. I think this employee is just giving the generic answer but I hope she knows something we dont. Walts wish was for the parks to be ever expanding/growing. Lets hope thats the case with HS.

Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous is gone. Too bad. It was great for a AC break.

I realize that this isn't much to go on but this was in the comments of one of today's blog articles.

Katie: When will enhancements/additions be made to Hollywood Studios? In my opinion, that park definitely needs more thrill rides!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Keep watching the blog for updates. :)

LINK

She could have left the comment alone but the fact that she says to keep watching suggests an announcement could be made soon. Will it be Carsland? Monsters Inc Coaster? Tangled replacing BatB?

My guess is more info about the new Jack Sparrow attraction, it's already been announced but not much more has been said about it, and is the sort of thing the blog would talk about. I doubt they would break the news of something like Carsland or the Monsters coaster on the blog.

I predict Carsland is gonna somehow be worked into the mix at WDW, and DHS makes the most sense. That would really put that park on he map as a "must -see" park at WDW, instead of the park that many say they'll skip if they are limited in time.

2 weeks ago a bus driver from Kidani to DHS told me that the same Imaginneers that planned Carsland were at DHS looking at the Backlot, and Lights, Motors, Action.

He also said that World of Color was going to replace Fantasmic and that is why they are adding 2,000 seats.

He did mention something about a Monsters, Inc. ride, but that's been rumor for years...

That is all he said.

yeah this part really needs something. Its the one park I usually skip. I really want to like it, but it needs a lot more. Carsland, star wars land and in addition to keeping the indy stunt show, add the indy ride from Tokyo and california

yeah this part really needs something. Its the one park I usually skip. I really want to like it, but it needs a lot more. Carsland, star wars land and in addition to keeping the indy stunt show, add the indy ride from Tokyo and california

To bad only one of those is likely and only two have a chance of showing up...

We had planned in a trip to DHS but when we realized our DD would not be interested, we cancelled. Not to add too much fuel to the rumor, if WDW was smart, they should include more younger crowd features such as a Carsland or some of the later Disney animated flicks like Tangled. My friend got to experience the Carsland at Disneyland. She was only slightly familiar with the movie. However, she said the concept and attraction was very well done. She was the extended family along for the ride.

Getting back to what I was thinking is Disney should be working on the next generation of character attractions. They have had a huge success with most of them and they give them limited interactions or even attractions. How bout another park in WDW. They definitely got the land.

I agree that this park is in need of something new. I would prefer to see expansion instead of replacement. I love the Lights, Motors, Action show. The Backlot Tour is old now...time to make it better. Cars Land in California looks amazing and I think would be a huge draw to the park. I wish Disney would focus more on park and attraction improvement, and expansion, and less on development of more DVC resorts....and I'm a DVC member!

Personally I think there won't be a complete Carsland but just Radiator Springs

I love the idea of a Tangled show. Makes sense to replace the Beauty and the Beast with the new Fantasyland

I would like to see a Monsters Inc coaster but that rumors been hanging around for years

I'm all for getting rid of LMA

They are replacing Fantasmic?! :worried: I've never been to Disneyland so can't comment on World of Color, but I LOVE Fantasmic. I wish they could have both.

I agree that it would make sense to replace the Beauty and the Beast show now. Tangled would be great or Brave...

ASteelersMidget said:
Can we not turn this thread into a carsland opinion thread. There is at least 2 of those alread...

I think that we won't get a complete Carsland in Florida. That's all Im saying

^That wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. just a general statement. We don't need 4 threads to discuss the same thing you know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter