Hilton Suites Orange/Anaheim

disneyma

Can't wait to get back to DVC and Disney....
Hilton Suites Orange/Anaheim (N. College Blvd.)

Has anyone stayed at the above resort?? I was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative feedback??

As always...thanks for your help!

:p

We have stayed at this resort several times and are considering it again in July. We like having a room for ourselves and the sofa bed for the kids. It is nice to be able to close the door and have some adult time.

We went last September and it had a cooked to order breakfast. The options were somewhat limited in that they usually had a few featured items (i.e. spanish omelet), but would cook eggs any way you wanted, plus they had cereal, toast, fruit and other items.

I don't remember the transportation to the parks very well. I think it was a small bus. The hotel is about 2 miles from the park, so you will need some way to get there. I remember going to the park in the morning, but cannot remember what it was like in the evening, like if they had scheduled pick up times or you had to call.

I am sure you can probably get other opinions, like with any topic on the boards, but we like this hotel.

I just stayed ay the Hilton Suites in April and loved it. The suite was quite nice and the living room included a fridge, sink and microwave. Our bedroom had a king sized bed and the bathroom was very large. Breakfast was great and they also had a "manager's reception" between 5:30 and 7:30 which included 3 free drinks per day. The shuttle runs once per hour and it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to the park. They provide service for EE and the last shuttle leaves 30 minutes after park closing. It takes longer to drive to DL since you need to park in the garage and take the tram to the front gate. The hotel has free parking, but charges a $3 per night energy surcharge.

That sounds like a nice place to stay. How much was it per night? And do they have shuttles that run during the day in case DD has to go back and take a nap???

I only paid $25 per night through Priceline and it was an absolute steal. I think the usual rate is close to $100 per night, but I'm not sure. It's worth checking on the Hilton web site or www.travelweb.com. The shuttles run to and from the park once per hour. The current schedule has them returning to the hotel at 30 minutes after the hour.

i've never used priceline before and I'm kinda scared to use it. But after reading about the great deals that everybody is getting I'm tempted to try it. I did notice that they had a max of 5 nights I believe and I need 8 nights. I really don't want to split the stay up into 2 hotels though.......oh, what to do, what to do......:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

I also stayed there and had a few comments...

We stayed there 2 weeks ago and the shuttle did run each hour and was convenient. Location wise it is close to some restaurants but none really close to the park. It seems a ways off to the park. As long as you don't mind it will be fine. The rooms were nice and the breakfast was a major perk in my mind. I used Priceline and would say that if you have never done it before really read thorugh TravelSheryl's site to look for info but realize it is subject to change.

We also stayed at the Anaheim Marriott which i thought was much nicer, but it had a parking fee. We got both of them through Priceline and both were about the same price range. I think around 40 and then 50 with all taxes and parking included. If you need to have two double beds then I would say don't do it. They only guarantee a room for 2. I doubt you would have a problem, but it wouldn't be nice to risk it.

Either way, you will stay at a nice hotel.

Jenn

Can someone comment on the pool areas at either of these hotels (Hilton or Marriott)? A quality pool area is essential to my family.

The Hilton Suite's pool was small and shallow. Small children would like it, but it may be too small for bigger kids. The pool is indoors, but the hot tub is outside in an enclosed area.

The Hilton Suites pool is very small and inside a smallish concrete area. They have a jacuzzi but wasn't quite hot enough outside. No real plants or foliage.

The Marriott had a much bigger outdoor pool in the middle of its buildings (but wouldn't say it really was big)and was lushy landscaped. It had a jacuzzi inside and it the right temp : ) They have a little koi pond, too.

Definitely the Marriott wins for the pool, but it charges $12 a day for parking and doesn't provide a breakfast at all. The Hilton Suites had a very nice breakfast.

Either way you will love it!

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter