Hilton Lake Buena Visa / Hilton Bonnet Creek or Waldorf Astoria?

Dean1972

Mouseketeer
Hey folks, I am planning trip from Australia (following a cruise) and plan on staying 6 days @ WDW before heading up the road to stay 4 days @ Portofino Bay resort ( for Universal ) not really fussed about 'Disney theming' in hotel, but want a good standard of amenities & location to the parks ( understand all have free shuttle ) & restaurants etc.
Was originally intending to rent DVC points @ BCV ( through David's DVC rentals) but DW would prefer non Disney hotel. Any thoughts ? Thanks

Do you plan on spending time at the resort ? Are you bringing kids ? Is walking distance to Downtown Disney important ? Do you want access to Extra Magic Hours ?

Hilton BC and Waldorf are more resort like properties with nicer (IMO) pools, dining and recreation. Hilton LBV is a fine property for what we have paid which is usually much less than the other two. HBC and Waldorf have recently added resort fees as well. The rooms at HBC and HLBV are a bit small with HLBV being a bit dated.

Waldorf rooms seem/feel larger and you can share amenities at HBC. I have not used the shuttle at any as we always rent/have a car. Valet at Waldorf and HBC were exceptional. We also enjoy the dining there.

HLBV has extra magic and walking distance to Downtown Disney.

I stay at the Hilton bonnet creek every year as it is a beautiful resort with a fantastic lazy river. However we always have a car and don't go to the parks every day. If you are looking for relaxation stay at either the Hilton bonnet creek or Waldorf.

While I haven't stayed at the downtown Disney Hilton I have stayed at a downtown Disney hotel. The bus service there is much better than bonnet creek. Bonnet creek busses take too long. Also it is a great benefit to walk across the street to downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!