• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Questions

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
I could not find a thread for HHI information. We are headed there July 4th week for the first time and have a few questions.

1-Beach chairs? Any idea on availability and rental cost?
2-Do we need to bring our own towels for the beach (not the pool).
3-Any advice on room request or where to avoid?
4-Can you rent bikes and ride it to the beach?

Thanks

1 beach chairs can be rented. They seemed expensive but I don't remember prices. We bought cheap chairs from Walmart and a nice beach tent from Costco instead.
2 they have towels at the beach house
3 there are some units that back right up to the pool. I would avoid those. We ask for units closer to the road for easier unpacking of luggage. The ones further from the road have a better view.
4. Yes, if you are a dvc member the bikes are 37 for the length of the stay. There are a number of businesses that will also drop bikes at the resort and have more options and possibly better pricing.

I have stayed at HH several times. Once we had a 2BR that the balcony looked at the stairs to the pool slide - that was the only room I didn't like. If you have a studio or 1 br, there are a limited number of those, so you don't have much choice over those locations. If you have a 2BR, you do have more of a choice. We have always rented bikes at the resort and they have been just fine. You can ride to the beach - you have to go under the main road, but there is a bike path and it is a nice ride over there. I haven't rented beach chairs, we have some of our own we usually bring, but there is a place very close to the beach house where you can rent them.

We love HH and miss it the years we don't go.

Thanks for the replies. We do have a 2 BR adult children, (no younger kids). We are driving there so we probably will bring chairs and umbrella, just thought using shuttle and carrying chairs etc. could be a bit of a pain. I know there is limited parking at beach, I'm guessing it fills up quickly?

Thanks for the replies. We do have a 2 BR adult children, (no younger kids). We are driving there so we probably will bring chairs and umbrella, just thought using shuttle and carrying chairs etc. could be a bit of a pain. I know there is limited parking at beach, I'm guessing it fills up quickly?
Yea beach parking is very limited. It does tend to fill up quickly. You could always drive over, drop off all the stuff and drive back. Then take the shuttle. That's the worst case scenario. I would plan to get there really early on beach days and you shouldn't have a problem with parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter