Hilton Head Police Beware Of Speed Traps

Bill & Deb

Earning My Ears
We're just back from OKW stopping by HH on the way back to New York and again a great trip. I just wanted to pass on to all beware of the Local Police speed traps and radar traps. I was ticketed 2001 on a local road. I was on route back to HH and picked out of the crowd and ticketed for speeding 41 in a 35 !!

What they have done in the whole area is posted speed limits from 50 to 45, 35 to 40 and prior to a light 55 to 45. The change in limits make little sence so beware. The sad part is its a beautiful area and you have to spend your time watching the road signs very carefully!! that make little sence or they will ticket you. When I arrived this trip we saw 4 cars pulled over by unmarked police cars.

Happy Travels and Beware

Can you be more specific as to the roads where the traps are located? There are several routes into Hilton Head, and 2 main roads on the Island.

We'll be headed that way in a while and this would be good info to have. Nobody wants to end a 15 hour drive with a ticket.

Thanks!

Can you be more specific as to the roads where the traps are located? There are several routes into Hilton Head, and 2 main roads on the Island.

We entered from interstate 95 directions as shown in the DVC book. The problem is the entire area, its sad but we saw cars pulled over in the 20 miles into HH area. As your driving around you will have to pay special attention to the speed limit signs. I would not exceed the limit and be under. If you have cruise control its a help.

We were ticketed on our way to Savana a few miles from HH on the local road marked to Savana, 41 in a 35. and prior to that the limit was 45!!!!! It cost us $50. too. It really agravated us we live close to NYC on Long Island and it was only a few weeks after 9/11 and we just wanted to get away. We lost a good friend he was a Fireman killed at the WTC. When we encounterd the speed trap then and saw them again last week we kind of think is how they raise cash.

Just beware, HAPPY TRIP

My impression is that the whole state of South Carolina is a speed trap-- I was ticketed on I-85 for 78 mph in a 70 mph zone on Thanksgiving before last. The $50 lesson for me was don't assume any leeway in SC.

Hate to say it, but speed limits are just that.
Stick to the limit and no ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter