Hilton Head in late March...

thisismyusername

DIS Veteran
We have the HHI bug after a really nice stay there two weeks ago, and are thinking of spending Easter break there. I know weather can be very unpredictable, but can anyone tell me what you can expect for swimming in the pools during that time of year? We may just hit Florida instead if it's too chilly to enjoy the pools. (We're definitely not expecting to enjoy the ocean water.)

The pools at the resort are heated. There are people swimming in them in January. The ocean will be chilly. In late March the weather could go either way. You could have some days where it's warm enough to sun by the pool and the next day you need a jacket.

From our experience, the weather sure can go either way. We've been to HHI twice in March. One time it was nice weather, mid-70s, lots of people swimming. The other time, though, it was mid-50s, drizzly and windy all week. Just one tip if you're thinking of spending Easter there-avoid any seafood restaurants on Good Friday! We ended up at British Open Pub because other places were PACKED! At BOP, I was able to have a shrimp salad (excellent) and DH had fish and chips.

We will be there the same week, so if it's cold we can commiserate! We are meeting my sister's family there. They live in Vermont, and we live in Florida. So, even between our two families we will have varying opinions on whether the weather is "good" or not. :)

Since Easter is at the end of March next year, you might be okay at Hilton Head. The weather will definitely be hit or miss. It will not be too cold for enjoying the sights just a bit too cold for the ocean.

We were there last year. Pools are heated, but it is hard to get out! Too cold to go in ocean. October, on the other hand, is great.

We were there in November when the weather was chilly. But even then there were days the kids were in the pool. And we went to the hot tub at night and then in the heated pool. A tip is to bring a robe for the walk back to the room if it's chilly. Loved going to the hot tub in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter