Hilton Grand Vacation offer

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
I hope I didn't make a big mistake. I just accepted an offer from Hilton Grand Vacations in Orlando to do one of their presentations for $109 for 3 nights at either the Sea World or Int'l Drive locations. Someone please tell me it isn't real high pressure. My husband will kill me!

Sorry I can't tell you if it is high pressure or not, but I stayed at the Intl Drive location a few years ago and really enjoyed our stay. The condos are very very nice. The location isn't really great, but....

I cannot speak with regards to the presentation either, But I too agree that the place (I stayed International Drive) was REALLY great and I enjoyed my stay immensely.
Good luck

What a great rate. We did this shortly after 9-11 and got 3 nights for $99. The room was beautiful and big. Full kitchen table, kitchen, living room and bedroom. We walked to SeaWorld! It was just across the parking lot. As far as the presentation, I can't say that it was the best or the worst we have been to. We have been to alot. It was definately, at least, the amount of time they told us. It was the first time we had done a timeshare presentation and we had to sign off with, I think it was 3 people, maybe 2, before they released us. The last gentleman said we could afford it. I just told him we needed to be able to buy groceries year round also. Since, we have been to several where 2 or 3 people had to check us off before we could leave. Just stick to your guns and remember the word is "NO", that's the conversation DH and I have everytime before we walk thru the door. Enjoy your stay!

They said two hours. I plan to set the stopwatch on my cell phone. What if they won't sign off and it goes beyond two hours? Can we still leave?

We went in 2007 - stayed in a 1 BR (before #4 was born). The place was pretty nice - they had a movie at the pool and we couldn't get the kids to sleep and the washer was broken and ran for about 6 hours when we were at the park one day. The pools are nice and they had good kid activities.

The sales pitch is a little high pressure. We basically had to say we were going to leave - that we had fullfilled our commitment and they let us leave.

I like the idea of setting your watch - we told them ahead of time we weren't going to ever buy another time share (we have one in Mexico) and they still tried (guess that's their job).

Of course then I go and buy a DVC in 2009 :rotfl:

Anyway - try to enjoy it and just go prepared.

We went in 2007 - stayed in a 1 BR (before #4 was born). The place was pretty nice - they had a movie at the pool and we couldn't get the kids to sleep and the washer was broken and ran for about 6 hours when we were at the park one day. The pools are nice and they had good kid activities.

The sales pitch is a little high pressure. We basically had to say we were going to leave - that we had fullfilled our commitment and they let us leave.

I like the idea of setting your watch - we told them ahead of time we weren't going to ever buy another time share (we have one in Mexico) and they still tried (guess that's their job).

Of course then I go and buy a DVC in 2009 :rotfl:

Anyway - try to enjoy it and just go prepared.

I'm concerned you say they "let you leave". Were they somehow preventing you? Did you have to get some kind of sign-off from them for your hotel stay to be valid or something?

I'm concerned you say they "let you leave". Were they somehow preventing you? Did you have to get some kind of sign-off from them for your hotel stay to be valid or something?

By "letting you leave", I believe (from our experiences) she means at the end of the presentation. When you agree to go, you agree to sit through a presentation (and tour usually) for a set amount of time. They are not allowed to keep you any longer than the time frame you agreed to. If you don't go to the presentation or won't stay for the entire agreed upon time, they are allowed by law to charge you for your entire stay at their full-price rates.

Have fun! The time spent at the presentations is well worth the $109 for 3 nights!!!

By "letting you leave", I believe (from our experiences) she means at the end of the presentation. When you agree to go, you agree to sit through a presentation (and tour usually) for a set amount of time. They are not allowed to keep you any longer than the time frame you agreed to. If you don't go to the presentation or won't stay for the entire agreed upon time, they are allowed by law to charge you for your entire stay at their full-price rates.

Have fun! The time spent at the presentations is well worth the $109 for 3 nights!!!

I was just concerned about hearing people say it was supposed to be a 2-hour presentation and they ended up being there 3, 4 hours. I plan on leaving right at 2 hours no matter what, but I didn't know if you had to get some kind of sign-off from them for your special rate, and maybe they would refuse to give it to you at the 2 hour mark, which is why some people end up there for 3, 4 hours. Just wondering how it works.

I was thinking of saying upfront that we won't be buying, that we hardly ever travel, that we prefer camping at the lake near our house for vacations or visiting family. Do you think that would deter them?

The one on I-Drive is a beautiful resort. We stayed there through an exchange on my parents timeshare in 2007. We had a 1 bd condo and wow was it beautiful and spacious inside. We didn't do a tour, but I would say it's worth it for the price you're paying. Enjoy!

The 109 is for a studio. If I want the 1-bedroom it would be I think a $75 upgrade.

The 1 bd has a full kitchen and it's big. It's bigger than my kitchen in my apartment. Nice full size table for 4 to eat at. It also has a nice big jacuzzi tub. I'm not sure if the studios are like this, but if I had the extra money I would upgrade, especially if I was cooking in the condo.

Generally the presentations from Disney, Hilton and Marriott are very low pressure. And when they are done with the tour they will ask if you now have any interrest at all in buying. If you say no, at that time they will give you any promised gifts, if yes then they will take you for a private session where prices, etc., will be discussed.

We own with Hilton and the first time we went it wasn't a high pressure sales tactic at all. We went in not interested and they somehow convinced us :rolleyes1

Anyway, the sales person we had was pretty good and smart, after his tour of the property (before the sales pitch of how the whole things works and costs, blah blah blah) he said if we weren't interested at all to tell him because there was no sense in wasting our time going through all that (I know they had a lot of people booked for tours at the time so in essence him wasting OUR time also was wasting his time trying since he could try to get another couple in for a tour and try to sell to them and by chit chatting with us it could cost him a sale with another person, you know?). I appreciated his honesty.

I think if you're honest with them upfront and tell them, look we're just here for the perks of the tour (free tix to a park, cheap hotel stay, etc.), do what you have to do and we want to move on, then they will just do that.

Hilton is doing fine in their vacation club ownership, they don't need to push people.

Now we once went to one where every time we said NO they moved us to a different room to meeting with a person "higher up" and the price kept getting lower and lower and lower :sad2: Yeah, that made a difference and made us want to change our mind. I felt bad for all the suckers who said yes during the first "room". All we wanted was our Mama Mia tix (this was in Vegas) and we vowed NEVER to attend another timeshare presentation again since have Hilton.

We own with Hilton and the first time we went it wasn't a high pressure sales tactic at all. We went in not interested and they somehow convinced us :rolleyes1

Anyway, the sales person we had was pretty good and smart, after his tour of the property (before the sales pitch of how the whole things works and costs, blah blah blah) he said if we weren't interested at all to tell him because there was no sense in wasting our time going through all that (I know they had a lot of people booked for tours at the time so in essence him wasting OUR time also was wasting his time trying since he could try to get another couple in for a tour and try to sell to them and by chit chatting with us it could cost him a sale with another person, you know?). I appreciated his honesty.

I think if you're honest with them upfront and tell them, look we're just here for the perks of the tour (free tix to a park, cheap hotel stay, etc.), do what you have to do and we want to move on, then they will just do that.

Hilton is doing fine in their vacation club ownership, they don't need to push people.

Now we once went to one where every time we said NO they moved us to a different room to meeting with a person "higher up" and the price kept getting lower and lower and lower :sad2: Yeah, that made a difference and made us want to change our mind. I felt bad for all the suckers who said yes during the first "room". All we wanted was our Mama Mia tix (this was in Vegas) and we vowed NEVER to attend another timeshare presentation again since have Hilton.

We are thinking of going over Thanksgiving. They said it would be $99 extra to go over a holiday. But I know that's a busy time, so maybe they would be more apt to send us on our way if we aren't interested.

Probably!

Oh and my last paragraph was in reference to another company's timeshare, NOT a Hilton's presentation. I can't even remember the name of the company. It was pretty shady and can't believe we fell for it for some stupid Mamma Mia tix :rolleyes: So don't worry, Hilton won't do that to you!

We are Hilton Grand Vacation Time Share owners. We own at the Sea World location, but we stay at the I-drive location because I like it better and my wife likes the outlet malls being right next door. We just booked 3 nights at the W 57th location in NYC. We have to sit though a promo to get 100 off the price of the trip, but that is ok...i am going to tell them upfront that we are not buying again right now and that I don't want them to waste their time when they can be making a sell with someone else.

We are Hilton Grand Vacation Time Share owners. We own at the Sea World location, but we stay at the I-drive location because I like it better and my wife likes the outlet malls being right next door. We just booked 3 nights at the W 57th location in NYC. We have to sit though a promo to get 100 off the price of the trip, but that is ok...i am going to tell them upfront that we are not buying again right now and that I don't want them to waste their time when they can be making a sell with someone else.

Do you remember the presentation in Florida? If so, how was it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter