Hilton Grand Intern. vs. The Fountains

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by aubeone, Nov 15, 2011.

1. aubeone

aubeone DIS Veteran

Background:
    August 2010 Beach Club Villas
    February 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas
    April 2008 Boardwalk Villas
    June 2007 Saratoga Springs Resort
    February 2007 Old Key West
    April 2006 Old Key West
    June 1993 off site somewhere in Kissimmee
    April 1980??? Fort Wilderness Campground

Thinking of being brave and stay at an RCI resort in July
    :eek:

A penny your thoughts:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jo*Mama

Jo*Mama Earning My Ears

We haven't stayed at any of the HGVC but when we stayed at the Fountains in 2009 the crowd there was kinda rough. I know they offer a lot of free/cheap weekends with timeshare presentations to the general public. The facilities were nice but I would not stay there again due to that factor.

4. HeartWDW

HeartWDW Earning My Ears

I've stayed at the Hilton Grand Int'l twice. It's a very nice timeshare. It's directly behind the big premium outlet mall, which I loved! But the pools, staff and rooms were great. I've never stayed at the Fountains, though.

5. aubeone

aubeone DIS Veteran

My brother and I own a timeshare together and I am using it for an RCI exchange in Orlando at the end of June/July. As mentioned, my family has only stayed in DVC Villas over the least several years. We have narrowed our choices to:

Sheraton Vistana Resort
    The Fountains
    Hilton Grand Vacation at International

The Fountains appears to be the best RCI exchange value. We can get a 2BDR for the equivalent exchange of a 1BDR at the others.

I would love any additional feedback on these resorts.

6. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

The HGVC resorts are among the nicest in the Orlando area and I'd highly recommend any of the three HGVCs. IMO, the Marriotts, HGVCs, Starwoods (Sheraton brand) and DVCs are at the top level of Orlando timeshares followed by a few others that I think are very nice as well.

Dick Taylor