Hilton DTD Questions

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by MomWith2Cinderellas, Jan 11, 2010.

1. MomWith2Cinderellas

MomWith2Cinderellas I wished upon a star and was granted the 3 loves o

Hi All!
    We may be making a trip with my Husband for a conference. It is looking like we would be staying at the Hilton in DTD. Is the walk to DTD really that close? I will be winging it with our two young daughters. This is also the first time we are staying off property, so I am little nervous about using the hotel shuttles and hoping that they run as frequent as a WDW bus. Any information on this hotel would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

2. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

it is close - just across the street.

the buses run pretty good - not as good as Disney - but for non-Disney it is pretty good.

3. dd50

dd50 DIS Veteran

It's a five minute walk. Buses are pretty good. Think they come every 1/2 hour in the morning. Didn't come back in middle of day so don't know when they do them. After park closed waited about 40 minutes.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. MomWith2Cinderellas

Thanks! I will probably walk to DTD and catch the buses (on some days) to the resorts. We tend to get a later start to the day and stay close to when the park closes.

6. 3floridarays

3floridarays Growing older, but not up.

We stayed at DTD Hilton for a week last month. It is literally right across the street from DTD, so walking is a breeze. We had our car with us to drive to the parks, but it seemed like there was a bus in the parking lot picking up or dropping off everytime we went to our car or came back from the park. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms are comfy and clean. The 24 hour market was also nice and if you book a room on the 9th or 10th floor you have access to the concierge lounge, with coffee, cold drinks, hot chocolate, tea, and cookies all day and evening, plus a light breakfast in the morning (bagels, toast, cereal, etc) and a light meal in the evening (nachos, pasta, etc).

7. MomWith2Cinderellas

3floridarays,
    Thanks for the information. We are looking forward to trying something new. We had some issues with the BWI/BWV being clean, so I am glad to hear that the rooms are clean!
    We are now hoping for some decent priced airline tickets and we should be all ready to start our countdown!:cool1:

8. StuckInKS

StuckInKS DIS Veteran

The bus that picked us up with a white bus with different colored mickey balloons on the side -- I was under the impression that it was a Disney bus. It also stops at other DTD Hotels, not just the Hilton, which put a little extra time in your trip. We had a wonderful experience at th Hilton, but it is difficult to load onto a bus with four small kids and a double stroller, espcially when there are no seats left, and I didn't like spending the extra money to park at the parks (was already paying $8/day to park at the Hilton) so we are going to try to stay closer this time. But it really was a nice hotel (I loved the Edy's. I cannot find chocolate waffle cones anywhere around here,) very comfy beds with clean white down comforters (I hate not knowing how clean a hotels comforters are.) I would love to stay there again, but with 5 small kids this trip, plus a double stoller and single, bulky travel system stoller, taking buses or loading up the car will just be too much of a hassle.