1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Highs and more highs from 27/09 to 02/10 trip

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by cherrymarzipan, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cherrymarzipan

cherrymarzipan DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share the highs of our latest trip. We always enjoy ourselves as can be judged by the number of times we visit but I really can’t think of any lows at all this time. To all of you who are going for Halloween soon – it is brilliant!

OK, quick list:
    Halloween decorations and show.
    Sequoia Lodge – now I see why so many on here love this hotel!
    Café Mickey birthday meal. :cake:
    Character and CM help and interaction. ::MickeyMo
    Seeing Esmeralda and Clopin for the first time since our very first Disney trip during the 5th anniversary year! :jester:
    Getting a trip on the Panoramagique balloon for the first time this year. Tip for anyone going this month: DS saw a flyer for Panoramagique behind the reception desk at the SL which he wanted as it had a picture of his beloved balloon on. The CM gave me a bunch we I thought was a little odd until I read that they were "buy one get one free" vouchers. :thumbsup2
    Fabulous sunny weather and blue skies. :sunny:

I am actually working on my first trip report this time so watch this space for elaboration on the above…

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

Hello :goodvibes

You often get lucky with the weather as it rained yesterday and this morning :rotfl:

The decs are fab aren't they - I took many many photos last week (in the rain) and am back on Monday to get more.

Halloween is great for seeing rare characters and it make such a change to the usual suspects especially the Villains

Would love to see a TR from you and am so pleased you had yet again a great stay :goodvibes

4. scampbunny

scampbunny <font color=darkorchid>The most fab of surprises!<

oh so glad u had such a good time!!!

i keep hearin loads bout halloween n feelin very 'homesick' as i love halloween n feel im missing it....

cant wait for ur trip report!!!

5. addverbaan

addverbaan DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a fab time! We are staying in SL ourselves for the first time in a couple of weeks and can not wait! Was also planning on doing the balloon for the first time so thanks for the tip about the flyers! We try and nicely ask for one by reception!

Just realised how many "!" are in my reply! maybe I am getting a tad too excited? Well- it is only our 10th trip:rotfl::goodvibes

6. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Welcome back, pleased you had a great trip:)

7. cherrymarzipan

Thank you. :goodvibes

Thank you!

He he... never dtops me getting excited! Hope you have a fabulous time and the weather is kind enough to give you a great balloon ride. :goodvibes

Thank you!

8. jillrobinson

jillrobinson DIS Veteran

Welcome back, glad you had such a good trip, from what I've seen online the new ghost decorations looked fab.
    We're looking forward to returning to SL too :)

9. MissP

MissP Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a lovely time!

You have got me sooooo excited for halloween - 8 more sleeps yayyyy!

Can not wait to see the park all dressed for halloween - wooooo :cool1::cool1:

x

10. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

I demand Lows!!!

Just kidding! Glad you had such a great time. :thumbsup2

11. Mum to Belle

Mum to Belle <font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone

Welcome back! :goodvibes

Sounds like you had an amazing trip!!

You're so lcuky!!! My DD would just LOVE to meet Esmerelda! :lovestruc

Will watch out for your TR! :thumbsup2

12. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Mourning the loss of my tags Moderator

Welcome back :wave2: glad you had another great time. :goodvibes

Would love to go for Halloween again.

13. DLPDreams

DLPDreams I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!

Wow, what a great trip Cherry :thumbsup2. Some fab highs!

My DDs would also love to meet Esmerelda and Clopin (DD1 recently decided that Hunchback is her favourite film!). I'm guessing they were out for halloween were they? Or are they around more these days?

Would LOVE to see some photos pretty please.

Did you get to see Jack & Sally too - so excited that they are going to be around right over the Christmas season too as I can't wait to see them! :cheer2:

14. cherrymarzipan

Thank you, the ghosts are really funny and I love the little lamps strung about too.

You're going to love it!!!

Thank you! Esmerelda and Clopin were in the Front Lot of the Studios.

Thank you! It is a great season, hope it is not too long before you get to see it again.

Yes, we saw them too, in front of a little house (or possibly cemetry) thing opposite Phantom Manor. Are they hanging around over Christmas too then? I hadn't realised.

15. RoseBug

RoseBug <font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own

So jealous of the Halloween trips! But still thrilled you had a wonderful time, and can't wait for your TR. Even though it will make me green with envy!

16. MummyMinnie

MummyMinnie Mouseketeer

They were out whilst we were there in August, first time we've seen them and they were both really in character. Maybe they're out more often now?

17. DLPDreams

DLPDreams I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!

Thanks for reply Cherry. Yes it is a cemetery :thumbsup2. Eek I am SO excited about seeing them, it's made my trip! And yes, was announced recently that they are there right over Christmas season too - first time! :hyper:

Thanks MummyMinnie - we might be in luck in November then. Honestly, as much as the girls would love to meet them, I think they'd be happy with anyone at DLRP ::yes::.

18. kizzabel

kizzabel Eating poisonous apples since '86

Ooh sounds fantastic. I'd love to.read your TR too :)
    Sounds like they made a bigger effort with Halloween this year. Going for the 1st time in 16 days :yay:
    Did you try any of the special Halloween menu additions that are on at the minute?