High Roller Ferris Wheel-Vegas

happily single

Left foot first!
Has anyone done the High Roller Ferris Wheel in Vegas? I am normally not a "ride" person, but I soo want to do this.

Also, I see that nightime rides are $36.95 and for .05 more you get a cabin with OPEN BAR! yes, 5 cents more! Does that even seem right!!!

HR_nighttime.jpg
HR_happyhour.jpg

The $37 Happy Half Hour ticket is for a daytime ride. The Happy Half Hour at night is $52.

When we went, the happy hour one was far more crowded. I believe each pod holds around 40 people. We stopped at the bar before and brought our drinks onto the regular one and there were only two other couples with us. The ride itself is really smooth at times you can't even feel it move. The views are beautiful.

I thought it was nice. Very slow. We did it at night and the Bellagio fountains were going off when we were at the top so really cool to look at. There's not a ton of sitting area so if you can't stand for a long time you might not want to do it. We sat off and on but honestly we mostly stood up and looked out the windows.

Just rode it last week. We were at a convention, so no cost to us. I don't like heights, but as others have said, it was a very smooth ride. I just didn't get really close to the windows, and avoided looking straight down!

When we went, the happy hour one was far more crowded. I believe each pod holds around 40 people. We stopped at the bar before and brought our drinks onto the regular one and there were only two other couples with us. The ride itself is really smooth at times you can't even feel it move. The views are beautiful.
Good idea about stopping at the bar before taking off and then finding an emptier pod. I can't imagine having enough time to have more than 1 drink anyways.

Good idea about stopping at the bar before taking off and then finding an emptier pod. I can't imagine having enough time to have more than 1 drink anyways.

It takes 30-40 minutes to go all the way around. Just an fyi they have a bar right where they take your ticket before you load onto it.

We did this last July - we used a groupon for it, which made it much more affordable. DH doesn't like heights, but was even ok in this. It does go high, but the pods are large and there is some seating area in them.

ETA: We did it at night and I highly recommend that. Seeing all lights is fun!

Last edited:
They were running a special for the private bar ride when we went last September. We were a group of 5 plus there was 4 from another group. the Pods are roomy, A/C etc plus the private bar and bar tender (she had some funny stories of famous peeps). We did the day time one-so much fun!
Highly recommend

We just went on this last month and we really enjoyed it.
I recommend it.
Have fun!!:duck:

Thanks everyone. This (and Hash house a go go) are the only two things I want to do. Of course we are taking the craziest trip to avegas ever-flying in saturday and leaving Sunday. Yes folks, one day! We are going to see a band called Rush?

1. High Roller is great.
2. Hash House a Go Go is okay, (but they do a pretty good burger)
3. Rush, just Rush, no a band called Rush, it makes those of us who grew up listening to them feel old.

:rotfl:

Thanks everyone. This (and Hash house a go go) are the only two things I want to do. Of course we are taking the craziest trip to avegas ever-flying in saturday and leaving Sunday. Yes folks, one day! We are going to see a band called Rush?
make sure to check those sites for hash a gogo as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter