High Quality Transfer Paper?

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
About 4 years ago I bought really high quality paper online as recommended by the Dis-signers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Susan

Yep, I agree! 10 months later, we are still wearing our shirts and they look great!

Prewash with no fabric softner. I think that is on Amy's directions.

I'm ready to buy transfer paper but wanted to ask a question from those of you who have purchase from amymickey. Since she only carries the dark transfer paper, are these the ones that put big white spaces in the designs when you put them on dark shirts. In other words - you have to cut each design so there is no white space? There are 9 of us going and 10 days each - that's a lot of cutting. Are the transfers good enough quality to warrant that? Or should I find a transfer for white shirts that won't show up.

Thanks..just ordered from Amy..anyone know how long it takes to get the transfers?? :) We are so excited to be making our own shirts

I don't know where you live, but, I live in the Finger lakes region of NY and she lives in Arizona, and it only took 3 days to get them here and I ordered late in the day:) Good luck and happy making day doing them:)

to tynikate: Yes, you do have to trim the white areas on these transfers. I can't vouch for how long lasting they are, but so far the two that I've used have come out great. Many people swear by them, but it comes down to personal preference... Will you put your designs on white shirts? If not, with light transfers, any "white areas" will look the same color of your shirt. Will that work with your design?

About shipping: Amy has been very fast to ship these transfers, she was great to deal with. I live in Oregon and they arrived within a couple of days of ordering. I would definitely order from her again... Hope this helps!
:thumbsup2

Just wanted to give amy at amymickey some feedback..Can i just say amazing transfers..I ordered on Saturday..She shipped on Monday and i received them Wed..So last night i start with my shirts..Instructions were awesome and easy to understand...Very very great transfers. If i figure out how to post pics i'll try and post them. Thanks Amy :)

Got my transfers from Amy too.Made my first shirt and it worked great,looks good after washing too,thanks Amy

Thanks for all of this info - this is what I have been searching for - what type of transfers to use. I made 36 shirts last Easter with transfers from Michaels and well after being washed once they were no longer wearble except to play outside in. With another trip around the corner and more shirts to make I was searching for the right transfers - I am going to find them now! Thanks!

I've used amymickey in the past and can recommend her transfers; however, sometimes you don't have time (or want) to wait for transfers to be shipped. If that's you, I'd like to give some alternatives:

Light transfers - I've had a lot of luck with Avery Light Transfers, and you can find them about anywhere: WalMart, Office Depot, Office Max, Target, etc. Black is true black once ironed and colors pop!

Dark transfers - I've used Avery and HP, but my favorite store-bought ones are the June Tailor ones from JoAnn's or Michael's. Soft and easy to use. They look dull when you print them but again, the colors POP when they're ironed on the shirt.

Bonus fun - We also tried the glitter/glamour/sparkley transfers recently. We bought Purple Chimp (at JoAnn's or Michael's) instead of June Tailor. BOTH are made my June Tailor. These are light transfers, so be warned! The glitter is silver and fine. I had some difficulty with them, but overall I liked them. Learn from my mistakes: Iron LONGER than the directions tell you to iron. Peel the transfer while it's still hot (like as hot as you can handle). If the color is coming up as you peel, STOP, lay the cover back on the transfer and keep ironing. :) They turned out cute, but they're definitely obscure some fine detail.

Not trashing amymickey - love her transfers, but it's nice to have other options. I know lots of people find the boards last minute and need to know what to run out and buy at a store. :hug:

Happy t-shirt making! :wizard:

I'm ready to buy transfer paper but wanted to ask a question from those of you who have purchase from amymickey. Since she only carries the dark transfer paper, are these the ones that put big white spaces in the designs when you put them on dark shirts. In other words - you have to cut each design so there is no white space? There are 9 of us going and 10 days each - that's a lot of cutting. Are the transfers good enough quality to warrant that? Or should I find a transfer for white shirts that won't show up.

It's probably too late to answer this question for the OP, but I still wanted to respond in case anyone else has the same thoughts...
You do have to cut out the designs BUT they look so much better that way! They are very finished and professional looking. I've made t-shirts for groups of ten people also, and wouldn't do it anyother way. I very occcasionally use a light transfer for designs I just love that are intricate and don't have a defined border.

If you want to see some of my more recent finished products see the first page of my trip report (link in my signature.) Amymickey's transfers are faster to iron on than others I have tried and stay in great shape for a long time. My kids are wearing shirts from that May trip today and they still look great. Actually, one is wearing a shirt from last September! They wear them all the time! I've used other brands that wrinkled, hardened, or peeled after a few washes.

The only bummer about them lasting so long is that I don't really have to make new shirts for our December trip, but I will anyway! ;)

I'd like to order from AmyMickey, but when I go to the website, Google tells me there's malware installed and that I'll get a virus if I continue. :(

Could someone PM me her email address?

I'd like to order from AmyMickey, but when I go to the website, Google tells me there's malware installed and that I'll get a virus if I continue. :(

Could someone PM me her email address?

You are the second person to tell me this. The only thing on my webpage that is not my own is my free web counter. I will have to delete the one I have and find a new one. Hopefully I will have this fixed in the next day or so.

My email address is amy@amymickey.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter