HIFS report and free pizza coupons available

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
We just returned yesterday from our first stay at HIFS. My kids (2, 5, & 7) loved the suite. My 5 yo's favorite animal is an elephant. We had a circus themed room and guess what was huge as life in the middle of the wall! An elephant! They loved the bunk beds also! The pool was wonderful. There's so much for the kids to do in the pool and with the zero depth entry, all of them were able to play by me and still have loads of fun. They really loved the squirting animals! The breakfast buffet being free for all of us was a huge savings. I have to say, though, that 7 mornings of breakfast there and I did learn that they serve eggs every day and cycle french toast and pancakes. We just rotated what we ate each day. They also had blueberry muffins a few mornings and also powdered donuts. We purchased 2 $25 gift certificates for 1/2 off at restaurant.com for the Club Car and used them for the buffet. I'd heard the buffet wasn't so good, but we gave it a try and I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for it at approx. $14/person, but with using the gift certificate we'd purchased, dinner cost us $25 for all 5 of us including tax and tip. I didn't think this was too bad. I had a pizza coupon that Beverly was kind enough to send that gave us a free medium pizza, free breadsticks, and also a free 2L. The coupons are good until 12/20/03 and a great deal. I did ask at the front desk about the referral program and was given 12 of these. If anyone would like one, I'd be happy to mail you one. You do need to mention that you have the coupon when you make the reservation. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to post here or email me direct at MBaumgarth@aol.com

Thanks for the report on HIFS. We will be there the first week in December and I am so excited. I keep hearing very good things. I also have purchased a gift certificate from restaurant.com but wasn't sure I could use 2 in a week. I'm glad to hear that you could. I will have to purchase another one.

Thanks again:)

tebright, the gift certificate states one per person per month, so we used one for each of us. Just make sure when you purchase them that you do it in different names. Have a great trip!

Michelle

I still have some of the free pizza meal coupons for HIFS if anyone is interested. Please email me and I'd be happy to send you one.

I have a question...You said we need to mention the coupon when we reserve the room. I was going to reserve online, but do I need to do it on the phone? Do they charge you for the room in full if you are going to use the phone?

Can anyone tell me if it is the bunkbed that is the themed suite? Is this something that I should request? What are the themes? I am hoping that Kidsuites are nonsmoking, but do I need to be careful about that too? Thanks in advance for answering all the questions....I was able to see a $73 rate online for the Entertainment rate for December 13-19. How is the weather in Orlando for that time? Will DD still be able to do some of the activities like the golf, train rides, etc.

lexis53, the coupon does need to be mentioned at time of booking. You can call the hotel direct and get the same entertainment rate. I reserved our room on the phone and did not have to pay anything until we checked out. They took my credit card number for a hold on the room but didn't charge anything. We also had a non-smoking room but I don't remember if they asked when I booked or not. The kidsuites are really nice. We're DVC members and stayed at HIFS on our last trip because we'd used our points and we really enjoyed it. The bunk beds are in the kidsuites and they have many themes. We got the circus one. I remember they had disney ones and many others. You can request a specific theme, but it's not guaranteed.
We've not been to WDW in December (we do usually go in January, though) so I can't speak for the weather, but from what I've heard, it's warm some years and others it's not. We're in Ohio, so I always figure anything is better than what we have here! We went last Jan. and had to wear jeans and sweatshirts with tshirts underneath. As the day progressed, we'd take off the sweatshirts and just wear the tshirts. Worked out fine. Hope this helps. If you'd like me to send you the coupon, please let me know (MBaumgarth@aol.com).

Michelle

Is there a floor that you would request or a location!!

and do you know how many different themed rooms they have!!

What did your husband think of the hotel...mine is a little dissapointed that we aren't staying at Downtown Disney Hotel...I don't care for their pools for kids!!

Any other tips...our kids will be 4 and 8

thanks!!

I wrote you a PM but you may not of had a chance to check your inbox. I saw your report on the Club Car buffet at the beginning of this thread. How was the selection, was there dessert of any kind? Was a beverage included? Sorry for all the questions, we plan to do the same as you did and purchase the $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com. I understand you felt the quality was pretty good? Thanks for your time.

Marie

Marie, I hadn't checked my inbox. I'm sorry. The buffet was a good value for us using the $25 certificate. The drink was included as was desert. A warning, though, the desert choices are listed on the menu as you enter, but aren't on the buffet. You'll need to ask for it. Neither time we went were we offered desert, but upon asking about it, we were able to choose. I believe both times we were there it was a choice between chocolate cake or carrot cake. There was soft serve ice cream and some fixings at the buffet area. I didn't feel the food was bad. They had salad (a couple of choices) and toppings, carved meats (I think roast beef and ham), spaghetti, vegetables, chicken nuggets, hamburgers (if you want cheeseburger, just ask for a piece of cheese...I had to do this for my daughter and they were very nice about it), macaroni and cheese...I'm trying to remember what else. Not sure. But you can eat enough to make it a decent value with the gift cert. If you have any other questions, please just ask. They also had a regular menu that you can order from. When you go to restaurant.com, you can pull up the menu for Club Car although it doesn't list the buffet choices. I hope this helps.

Michelle

@MichelleB:
The Pizza coupon arrived today. I hope they will honor it. Anyway thank you very much!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions. I have one more, if you do not mind. I see that you ate there more than once, do they have different items each day, or is it the same every day? Thanks in advance!

Marie

We just returned from HIFS last night... had a great time and I really enjoyed this hotel. I was a little reluctant to stay off site, but as long as I have my kids, I will really look at this hotel again. Someone asked about the kids suites being non-smoking, all the kids suites are. We were in building 13, not a great location. It was quite a walk to the lobby and this building did not have an elevator, we had to go to 14 or 12. All the activities for the kids were great, they would have rather stayed at the hotel than done anything else, who would think I'd have to coax my kids to go to Magic Kingdom...lol

Just curious since you just returned would you stay without the entertainment rate...just looking for your opinion...
thanks!

I'm sorry for my delay in responding, but I've been away on vacation. I would have to consider what rate I could get, but would consider HIFS because the kids enjoyed it so much. It really was a nice hotel, but I'd try to get some sort of a discounted rate there.

Also, I still have pizza coupons if anyone needs them. Just email me and I'll send it right out.

MBaumgarth@aol.com

MichelleB, I just sent you an e-mail about the pizza coupons. Don't know if you have any left, but if so, I would appreciate it. Also, I'm a little unclear as to how the gift certificates work. One $25 gift cert. is good for 4 people? Can you explain how they work? I may be interested in buying these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter