HIFS or Quality Suites Maingate East

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by DisneyDianne, Mar 8, 2001.

1. DisneyDianne

DisneyDianne Mouseketeer

Can someone please help me! We have always stayed on disney property. But after hearing all of the rave about some of the off property suites. I think we might want some extra room and privacy from out kids too!!

I have heard much about HIFS but what can anyone tell me about the Quality Suites? Here are some of my questions:

How does the shuttle service run?

How is the comp. breakfast?

I would love to hear from someone who has stayed at both and can compare for me!!

I love staying on site because we never have to move the car and we can all go our own merry way!!
    But, some of this major savings I would love to pass my way!! Also, this is the first time for my in-laws and I do not want to take away that gfirst magical feeling!! But they are all for the savings!!

Look forward too hearing from everyone!!

Disney Diann

2. mm42

mm42 Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both places, although QSME has supposedly been renovated since I was there.

QSME is basic accomodations, but with very large rooms. Here is what the room layouts look like.

One Bedroom:
    http://www.travelbase.com/destinations/kissimmee/qualitysuites/1bedroom.jpg

Two Bedroom:
    http://www.travelbase.com/destinations/kissimmee/qualitysuites/2bedroom.jpg

The "continental breakfast" at QSME was a joke when we were there: a doughnut and a cup of Tang.

The pool at QSME is smallish for the size of property and nothing fancy.

HIFS is a true resort property. You can easily keep kids occupied all day on the hotel grounds. They have a large, beautiful kid-oriented pool, and a separate adult lap pool, playground, on-site mini-golf, large game room, kids activities, food court, choo-choo ride around the hotel, karaoke, etc.

The breakfast at HIFS is great, with a genuine buffet including eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes, etc. in addition to the usual continental items.

The rooms at HIFS are not as large, and they don't have a true kitchen, just a microwave, mini-fridge, and kitchen sink. (Actually you can get a residential suite there with a kitchen, but not in the KidSuites.)

Here's an example of a HIFS room:
    http://www.floridatravelonline.com/orlando/hotels/holidayinnfamilysuites/kidsuite.htm

My recommendation: if you are not looking for "magic" at the hotel, but a large room with a true kitchen, or maybe privacy for two sets of adults, then QSME is okay. HIFS is a totally different experience, and much more akin to on-site "magic".

I always drive, so I can't tell you about the shuttles at either place.

--- Mark

3. pstepka

pstepka DIS Veteran