Hidden secrets at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by stephcook79, Nov 9, 2009.

1. stephcook79

stephcook79 Earning My Ears

My husband and I LOVE Disney World! We are going later this week for my birthday! YAY!... Anyways, I know there are a ton of hidden secrets around the MK. Like the ring in the walkway outside the Haunted Mansion and Tinkerbell in a drawer in a shop. I am trying to find all the secrets for our trip! Please if anyone have aby they would like to share I would be grateful! Thank you again!

Steph

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gerows

gerows Mouseketeer

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you find a white paintbrush on Tom Sawyer's Island, you can bring it to a CM and they will give you FP's (typically to Splash MT or Big Thunder).

4. outlander

outlander <font color=green>I AM keeping my fingers crossed<

The ring isn't there anymore

5. Schmeck

Schmeck <font color=blue>Funny thing is now my 17 year old

And I think they have something else for Tink instead of the drawer now too?

6. gerows

gerows Mouseketeer

They still have something with Tink. I beleive you ring a bell or something and wake her up. They used to do it only once a day, and the first person there could do it. Now they let you do it throughout the day. Its in the gift shop right behind the castle.

7. pennylynn

pennylynn Mouseketeer

If you do a search on Magic Kingdom secrets you'll find many threads on this subject and I know that somewhere there's someone who has put them all in a word document and will email it to you. Have fun.

8. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

While going down Main Street, stop down one of the side streets to the right. Look for a window that says something about Voice Lessons and listen real closely, you can hear someone having their own voice lessons!

9. J Le

J Le ...qwack?

Probably too late but you might want to check your library for The Walt Disney World Trivia Book by Louis A. Mongello - there are two editions.

Also - www.hiddenmickeys.org provides quite a bit of info a lot of which is not all on hidden mickeys. Some of the info seems dated but its interesting all the same!

10. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.

The turrets on the roof of Haunted Mansion are in the shapes of chess pieces or parts of chess pieces.

In one of the alcoves of the waiting lines at Pirates of the Caribbean (I think it's the right side line) there are two persons who were in such a long chess game that they ran out of lifetime and only their cobweb covered skeletons remain.

Not sure whether the dresser that Tinker Bell slept in is still at Tinker Bell's Treasure's (gift shop) but someone had a photograph of her through the keyhole but I only saw the empty drawer, that was something like four years ago.

More: http://www.cockam.com/disscav.htm

11. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

If you look at the pieces they are in a stale mate.

Also, if you visit The Pirates League there are a handful of props from the movie and a squashed Tinker Bell in one of the Powder Rooms doors.

At the Pirates Bazaar shop there are two well known props, the Aztec Gold necklace that Elizabeth Swann wears in the first movie and something else (but I can't remember what it is, I just know where it is!).

12. fall08CP

fall08CP Cheesehead

Actually, there is a ring, just not the one most are referring to. Near the beginning of the queue, there is a huge circle, or "ring", made of stones. Last summer, I asked a CM where the ring was, referring to the cut off pole. He walked over to this large circle and walked around in a circle about 5 times before I got it. Ask a CM what it stands for :thumbsup2 If you look carefully, you can see it in this picture.

13. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Here is the giant thread where most all of these have already been covered...

14. knieriem

knieriem DIS Veteran

What about the best hidden mickey in all of Disney? It's on the statue of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle. The one where he's pointing down main street. If you look the ring on his finger is a mickey.

15. disneygal6568

disneygal6568 making dreams come true

It IS there but not the ring you are thinking of. After the referbishment, they took out the ring and paved over it. Now, they inserted a REAL ring. (for those of you who know the backstory....:) ) Unfortunally, I don't know where this ring is. :guilty:

16. disneygal6568

disneygal6568 making dreams come true

17. satorifound

satorifound They told me to keep coming back and I did!

We got a fast pass to any ride we wanted. :)

18. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

A great resource:

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World - by Susan Veness
    Lots of really fun things. :)

19. Queen2PrincessG

Queen2PrincessG DIS Veteran

So is the wedding band still there or not.

I was wondering if they were going to move it because of refurb.

20. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

A wedding ring (really, engagement ring) is embedded in the pavement. It is not the same one, because the original was in fact a pipe section and a shim that was cut off at pavement level, and that was ripped out when they redid the queue.

21. Queen2PrincessG

Queen2PrincessG DIS Veteran

AHHH ok!