Hidden Mickeys in Willy Wonka??

Grumpy'sWife4Ever

DIS Veteran
You all might think I am crazy (and you wouldn't be the first, believe me ;)) but I just got through watching the original 1971 "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" - the one with Gene Wilder - and in one scene there is a glass door that has a pattern that I would SWEAR is a bunch of Mickey heads. This is/was a Warner Brother's movie, not Disney, so I am not sure why they would put such a tribute in. I tried to dismiss the pattern as random but the shapes are PERFECT - not just connected circles. The "ears" have a slight oval to them just like the real Mouse himself. If you get a chance to check it out, it is the scene very soon after they enter the factory, right after signing the contract when they enter the zebra-stripe like room and then exit back through the same glass (Mickey decortated!) door......

PS, if I am hallucinating, it is because my three children are all OBSESSED with finding Hidden Mickey's everywhere....we find him at the grocery, in books....even in the clouds. It is not my fault he is on my mind....::MickeyMo:mickeyjum:smickey:

Thats so cool, its funny because as soon as I saw this thread, the version of Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder just started playing on ABC family! It started about 2 minutes ago.

I am totally gonna check it out now

I've been listening to the original soundtrack in my car lately--well 4 or 5 songs from it anyway. I just looked up what I'm listening to on the playlist in music match it's:
I've got a golden ticket
Oompa loompa songs (all 4)
Wondrous boat ride
pure imagination
I want it now
Whistle stop (Robinhood)
Oodleally
phony king of england
not in nottingham
Ballad of Davy Crockett
Everybody has a laughing place
Tikki Room
Space Mountain music (ooh I missed that this time)
It's a small world
Finale from Fantasmic
mainstreet electrical parade
I'm trying to remember what else I threw in--yellow polka dot bikini and Hot diggity-(dog diggity ooh what you do to me-Perry Como if I remember?)
It was my last cd I made before the trip.

Was trying to pay attention to what was on the cd in the car-Lollipop, Lime in the Coconut (Harry Chapin) Harry Belafonte's Shake Senora and Dey--o, 2 Aladdin songs Prince Ali and Never had a Friend and Toy Story You've got a friend in me are also all there.

The reason we were watching is because my DS11 was just in his 5th grade play of "Willy Wonka" - so I have all the songs running through my head lately, too. Right now I am humming "Golden ticket" as I type.......:upsidedow

I love Golden ticket. I also love the Veruca Salt- I want it now ;-) I love knowing the words to the tunnel song too. Every once in awhile when it applies I say--"scratch that--reverse it".

There are so many great lines in that movie and Gene Wilder is just awesome.

Where is fancy bread? In the heart or in the head?
We must never never doubt what no one is sure about.
You can only go back by going forward.
A little nonsense now and then is treasured by the wisest men.

This was my DD4's movie for the longest time. The one he wanted to watch over and over and over again.

Great movie, great songs! But one complaint. I hate that song that Charlie's mom sings while she's washing clothes or something. It has been awhile so I hope I'm thinking of the right seen. But there is one slow song that is borrrrring and just slows down the pace of the movie. Children's movies seemed to suffer from that in the 70's. I remember The Rescuers did that too. The story doesn't progress and they show you something uninteresting during a boring song. Ok, done with my rant. :rotfl: Otherwise, love the movie! :)

Great movie, great songs! But one complaint. I hate that song that Charlie's mom sings while she's washing clothes or something. It has been awhile so I hope I'm thinking of the right seen. But there is one slow song that is borrrrring and just slows down the pace of the movie. Children's movies seemed to suffer from that in the 70's. I remember The Rescuers did that too. The story doesn't progress and they show you something uninteresting during a boring song. Ok, done with my rant. :rotfl: Otherwise, love the movie! :)

That is funny - that song "Cheer up Charlie" is my DD 4's favorite in the whole movie! She stops whatever she is doing to watch it..... However, I do tend to think of the slow songs as the time to make a bathroom run or grab a snack.....;)

That is funny - that song "Cheer up Charlie" is my DD 4's favorite in the whole movie! She stops whatever she is doing to watch it..... However, I do tend to think of the slow songs as the time to make a bathroom run or grab a snack.....;)

:eek: Wow! I'm amazed. I always hated that part. :rotfl:

Yes, it does look like HMs. I had forgotten what that door looked like. But I think any reference to Mickey was unintended. :)
Thanks for the link SGTGoofy.

no problem i had alot of fun looking for just the right one. brought back alot of memories of watching it as a kid

There does appear to be at least one mickey head, but I think it is unintentional, just a design of circles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter