Hi I'm new! And I have questions!

AThrillingChase

DIS Veteran
Hello! New here, but not to disney! Very excited for a trip mid-may (catching both the F&G and SWW) with 3 generations and 9 total travelers! I have gone through a million posts I think, and this is my understanding:

1. Just myself and my 16 year old cousin are arriving Thurs night for 1 night at ASMu. The next evening the rest of the family is arriving for our stay at POR where we have a ticket/room package for all 9. It is my understanding that Thurs night we can pick up our tickets from guest relations at MK using the 3 day early ticket pick-up rule? (I have already emailed myself the info from the sticky to pull up on my phone in case the CM does not know how to do this)

2. I have made a surprise breakfast ADR for Akershus for Friday morning, just the 2 of us, for 8:35AM. Here is where it gets tricky. I plan on upgrading ONLY my ticket to an AP, and then purchasing TIW. I would like to use TIW at Akershus, however the sticky noted that you can upgrade only 1 ticket in a package without issue...after you have checked in to your resort. Because our ADR is so early, I am not sure we will have time to go from ASMu to a park, to hop a bus to POR to check in, and then BACK to Epcot. I am hoping to just leave our bags with luggage services to transfer to POR, straight to epcot, and once inside go to guest relations and upgrade to AP. Will this work since I picked up the tickets early the night before?

TIA! Can't wait for May! :yay:

I also welcome any thoughts on using the busses early AM!

My back-up plan is to be at the ASMu bus stop at 6:30, hop a bus to AK (or HS, whichever is first!), transfer from there to POR around 7, and hopefully be checked in at POR and on a bus to epcot by 8. Is that possible??

Using that scenario, we would only go to the POR check in desk and back to the bus stop, we would not stop at the room first (assuming one was even available).

I don't think the buses to AK will be running that early but HS will especially if they have morning madness. I am in similar situation with getting the TIW card, I will already have the Premiere pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!