Hi and Welcome, come sign in (introductions)

WOW ... Can't believe I missed this thread! But then it got posted while I was on vacation.

Another Child of the 80's here ... I'm Ryan Ann but you can call me Ryan and I'll be 29 on Dec 26th ... my wonderful DH of almost a year will turn the big 3-0 in January. We have been together for almost 4 years and he truly is my best friend! We took our first trip together - my first trip EVER and his first as an adult - in 2005 and I discovered the DIS when I was planning that trip. We honeymooned there in Oct of 2006, and haven't been back since :-( Although I can't really complain because I have 3 trips home to CA this year and we just got back from Savannah. Yes, home will always be CA but MY home is in the 'burbs north and slightly west of Boston.

I started scrapbooking officially with our 2005 Disney Album, but I had been dabbling in card making and stamping before that. I am a Sizzix and Quickutz addict and am waiting for an uber machine to be invented that prints photo-quality pictures AND cuts in 12 x 12!

Hi. I'm Cindy. I'm 35 only for a couple more days. I will be spending my birthday in Disney. I have been married for 11 years and we have been together for 15. My DH is a stay at home dad. I am an RN and just took the nurse manager position in the unit I have worked on for 10 years. (not so sure if I made the right decision).
We have three wonderful children. DD8, DS6 and DD2.We also have a Yellow lab Jaq. My kids don't start school until Sept 17. I'm jealous of hearing of all of you starting school already.
I have been scrapping since 2001. My friend invited me to a CM party and I was hooked. I actually became very good friends with my CM consultant. My DH and I are going on a cruise with her and her family in March. I just got her hooked on the DIS boards.
My DH and I are Disney fanatics. My first trip was our honeymoon.
As for movies from the 80's I love the cutting edge, and top gun. Moving into the 90's Pretty Woman is one of my favs. My DH loves National Lampoons Vacation and quotes it frequently.:confused3
All in all I'm so glad that I have met so many great people on this site.

PS:I am also left handed.

OMG! I remember Ice Castles!!!
Pretty in Pink....
My kids watched Breakfast Club the other night w/ DH and I..
They got so grossed out by the "snow" falling on the art picture! DD13 laughed.. DS11.. took him a while but grossed him out when he figured out what was going on! (Took him a few)..
Did any of you watch Land of the Lost? I think that was the name... it was actually in the mid-70's... that show was good too!!!

Hi all! My name is Wendy and I'm a 42 year old SINK (single income, no kids! LOL). I work as a Customer Service Rep for the same company for 16 years and live in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.

While I do not have 2 legged children, I do have 4 "furbabies" - all dogs - that take up a chunk of my life but I love all of them! :) I'm an avid scrapbooker and have been for about 10 years after starting with card making & stamping. I think this winter I'm going to try again to get someone to teach me how to crochet - I'm all thumbs so this will probably be another exercise in futility.

I also love to travel (especially Disney), read, watch movies, internet surf and enjoy my family and close friends. This is definately my favorite online community and there are some great people on the boards here! :woohoo:

omg i remember ice castles. she was blind right?????

oh and land of the lost! that was on sat. mornings for us. wow, i have not thought about that one in a long time. how about lost in space? that was an afterschool one for us. i was not a fan, but my sister was a huge fan.

No problem!!! :)
Ok, off to get dinner done..and homework..and reviews for a few quizzes.. You know.. there are days... I'd love to just jump in the car and drive to the world to have my cares thrown out the window just for a few minutes!!!(hint, the insinuation that somebody here (not family related) has put me in a mood!)

No problem!!! :)
Ok, off to get dinner done..and homework..and reviews for a few quizzes.. You know.. there are days... I'd love to just jump in the car and drive to the world to have my cares thrown out the window just for a few minutes!!!(hint, the insinuation that somebody here (not family related) has put me in a mood!)

somebody here?????

Hi everyone- I'm Lynn, 37 and married. DH is 39 at the end of Sept and our DD is 8. We live in rural Massachusetts. A couple of dogs, a couple too many cats and some chickens in the backyard.

I love crafty stuff, but knitting is my love. I'm like a drug-addict when it comes to cables. ;) Love them! My mom taught me the basics to knitting when I was 7 and I went from there.

I also do a lot of wool dyeing and handspinning. It's most helpful to have a boss that also has a sheep farm. ;) I dabble in sewing, polymer clay, watercolors, collage and gardening. I love food but loathe cooking.

I work at DD's school running the after school program and subbing in the preschool class 2 afternoons a week. Great gig, couldn't ask for a better job because I'm pretty much allowed all the creative license I want when it comes to projects with the kids. I also do a week-long art program during the summer for older kids that's always great fun.

FWIW, I'm ambidextrous. Do I get some points for that or does it even itself out? (haha)

Hi! :wave2:

I am Laura, most call me LTS on the boards because if you forget or move the "s" in my user name it causes a problem so the initials are just easier! Married with 2 girls ages 7 and 11.

I have been on the DIS for awhile since planning our one and only "Once in a Lifetime, Never Going Back" trip back in '03. Since then we have been back 3 more times and are planning another one for next spring, after my solo trip to the Ladies Only meet in Nov. So much for Once in a Lifetime!:rotfl2: I am trying to talk hubby into a Disney Cruise now. . .:rolleyes1

I knew this board was here, but kept telling myself to stay away since I knew once I visited I would be sucked in and never able to leave, and it would probably inspire me to do something drastic--like pull out my scrap stuff and start working again. Well, GUESS WHAT? I was RIGHT! I plan to blame Dyan for the messy house, lack of meals and piles of laundry!

I have been scrapping, shopping, collecting and hoarding for about 8 years now, but have very little to actually show for it. Well except for a credit card bill and a huge closet full of stuff! I have done various gift albums over the years so it seems like my personal scrapbooking gets pushed aside.

I also enjoy other crafts like cross stitch, some beading, simple knitting, and other easy projects. I also enjoy baking, cake decorating and cooking, but I don't do that very much either. My mother is a cooking "contester"--she enters cooking/recipe contests and is pretty good at it. She has won several and has been to the Pillsbury Bake Off twice.

I am right handed, meaning I am NOT creative. I beg, borrow and steal every creative idea that I do. I am the ultimate scraplifter. I am also a child fo the 80's. And really upset that "my" music is now being played on the OLDIES stations!:eek:

Oh, and I also talk a lot!:hyper2:

I love crafty stuff, but knitting is my love. I'm like a drug-addict when it comes to cables. ;) Love them! My mom taught me the basics to knitting when I was 7 and I went from there.
Welcome! I wish I could knit, I love the cables also! My mom is teaching my DD to knit, so maybe she will grow up and make me sweaters!:)

Hi! :wave2:

I knew this board was here, but kept telling myself to stay away since I knew once I visited I would be sucked in and never able to leave, and it would probably inspire me to do something drastic--like pull out my scrap stuff and start working again. Well, GUESS WHAT? I was RIGHT! I plan to blame Dyan for the messy house, lack of meals and piles of laundry!
Why should you be any different than any of us. And if your house is a mess, we have threads for that too. We, er, well the others clean a room a month, I just pretend those threads won't open, it's a computer problem, ya know!:rolleyes1

Oh, and I also talk a lot!:hyper2:
Ya think!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am also a child fo the 80's. And really upset that "my" music is now being played on the OLDIES stations!:eek:
OR worse, when you head a remake and know it's a remake and the kids look at you like your nuts.... I know what my parents we thinking when I was younger

Hi all, can't believe I still haven't gotten around to posting here!

I'm Sophie, I'm 20 and part of the very small (but perfectly formed) British contingent here on the DIS creative boards! I'm engaged to DF (almost 12 years my senior - :scared: ) and we're getting married next year with a honeymoon in WDW/DCL - it'll be our first cruise. I'm a SAHFiancee and OH works as an accountant for the National Health Service.

Right now I'm learning to drive and bought my first car at the weekend so I have something to practice in with DF, I will slowly be Disney-fying it much to his distaste! I am also studying for my undergraduate degree through a distance learning university, I'm hoping to graduate around 2012 so I'm in this for the long haul. I'm studying physics mainly with loads of other stuff thrown in. Right now I'm on a stuy break til November and teaching myself Latin from books to fill the gap.

I started scrapping in 2005 and have several completed albums but even more on the go! I'd love to be on top of it before I have children but reality steps in and says uh huh... no way! I have a whole corner of the dining room devoted to stash, luckily DF is very understanding as he loves to see the albums come to life.

Finally we are going to Las Vegas in a few weeks to celebrate my 21st, there's no where better! We're following that up with a few days at DLR and then just over a week at WDW - can't wait as it will be our first time on property, we've rented BCV through the DIS. DF's parents are coming with us to celebrate and his mum's birthday falls in our week at WDW so we get to celebrate twice! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter