HHN 2016 - Join Private RIP Tour 9/29/16 ?

DarkOne

Earning My Ears
Join us for a private RIP tour of HHN on Thursday, September 29 at 6:15 PM.

*** THE TOUR IS ON - CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US **

We have enough to hold our private tour. We can take 1-4 more people. Contact me in the next 5 days if interested.
Steve

We're looking for 4-8 people to share the costs and the expertise of a private tour guide. This means you will get front of the line access to each house, as many times as we can do it!!

About us: We are a 45 year old couple (no kids) from the Philly area. We run a local meetup group for childfree singles and couples, so we know how to plan events. This will be our fifth HHN. We started out just doing the haunt, then we added Express passes. We've noticed that the haunt seems to get more crowded each year. Two years ago, we did a public RIP tour, and had such a great experience, that we decided to up the ante with a private tour.

What's the difference?

Private tour starts earlier (6:15 vs. 7:30) and ends later (park close).

Private tour is limited to 10 people (12 for the public tour) Public tour provides front of the line access for each house once; with the private tour, you can visit each house as many times as you can before the park closes at 1:00 AM.

Public tour is fixed cost per person. Private tour cost changes depending on the number of people that join us.

The details:

* Private RIP tour booked for Thursday, September 29, 6:15 PM.
* Tour guide will be with us until the park closes (1:00 AM) except for a 30-minute break.
* We will create the touring plan with the tour guide.
* Our plan is to tour each house at least twice. There are 2 casts for each house, and we'd like to see each one. We do not plan to use the tour guide for any rides (we can do that during the day...)
* We will have VIP seating for Bill & Ted.
* We will see the Scare Zones as time permits

We are looking for a minimum of 4 people to join us to make it worthwhile. With 6 people, the cost will be $355 per person. If we get the full 10 people, the costs drops to $213 per person. If we don't get at least 6 people, we will cancel the private tour.

Please PM us with any questions. Look forward to meeting you.

Steve in Philly

Last edited:
it isn't a problem for your thread to be a stand alone here.
I hope you get people to contact you.

If you don't get any replies and i see this thread drop down on the page, i will come and give it a boost.

you could put a copy of this request in the HHN 2016 When are you Going? thread.
put your date of the rip tour and make note you are seeking others to join you.
also, the other temp sticky of when are you going (parks not hhn) is a place where you could post.

the two stickies i made are
set dates for hhn, tours, etc

and general meet ups for the motherland and the darkside.
no hhn involved in this thread, just a place where you might find other homies on vacation the same time you are...

you will never know if someone might make plans to do hhn and ask to join you if they see their vacation time is the same as yours if you also post in the meet up thread/sticky.

there are times i get pm's asking if they can join my group for the private rip tour.
i'll pm you if someone contacts me.

no it doesn't.

you are required to purchase the hhn ticket for the night you are doing the RIP tour.
that goes for all public and private tours.

if you don't have the hhn ticket and you are doing a tour, vip lounge will sell you the park ticket when you check in.
or they did that last year to the ones that forgot to purchase the hhn ticket.

if you are a first time visitor to hhn, taking a tour is the best.

you have a tour guide that will explain each house before you go through them.
you do not have long waits.
it is faster to get into the house than using the express line.

private tours work with the person that books it.
that person can set the agenda for the evening.

DarkOne is doing it right.
have the evening set up to catch Team A and Team B in action
You get a different presentation feeling by each team.

You will see every house twice, reserved seating for Bill and Ted's, cover all the scare zones, and have time to kill for grabbing a bite to eat or drink.
(My group does house 3 times on the ones we love the best and include a few rides.
I book the weekend tour which ends at 2:00 am)

Private tour guides work with the group's needs and wants.
Public tours are on a schedule determined by the TG.

So if you have 6 in the group, DarkOne is dividing the costs up equally.
$355 for 7.25 hours of a private tour with a guide.
If he gets more of a response and the number of the group is at 10, only $213 a person.

you might not realize it but that is a bargain price!

just passing by to give you a boost on the forum line up.
helping to keep you on the front page

This post did a great job of explaining the differenced between the public and private RIP tour. My DMIL is treating us to a private tour and I forwarded it to everyone so they would know what to expect.

I meet the DarkOne and his wife in 2004 on the Hth day tour

They are real people and very nice!

DarkOne, yesterday emails went out to booked private tours to state the start up time has been moved to 6:30
Meet up at 6:00 and the tour Leaves the lounge at 6:30

I called them to make sure it was correct and was told yes

Check and see if you got that updated email

Also the UTH day tours meet at GS at IOA this year

I booked the private tour on Tuesday for my extended family for 10/9 and did not get an updated email stating a change in the time yesterday. My original email states to check in at 5:30pm.

I called yesterday evening and they told me they are in
I booked the private tour on Tuesday for my extended family for 10/9 and did not get an updated email stating a change in the time yesterday. My original email states to check in at 5:30pm.

my private tour is on a friday.
maybe that is the difference.

originally our meet up time was 5:45 and tour started at 6:15.
now we meet at 6:00 and the tour leaves vip lounge at 6:30

will send you a pm to explain more.

in case others do not read the other informational hhn threads, i was informed on line by another poster that if you book your tours online, you do not get an email.
if you want a confirmation on your booked tour, call vip tours and request an email be sent to you.

if you book by phone, you get a confirming email.

DarkOne, I would love to join you. We'll be at Universal for HHN 9/29-10/1 but I'm not sure we would get there in time. Can you confirm what your meet-up and tour start time is? Seems like macraven's times got changed and I'm wondering if yours are pushed back a little as well.

Our flight gets into MCO at 5pm on 9/29 and even with only carry-on luggage and heading directly to ground transportation, I imagine we wouldn't get Universal until close to 6pm with traffic.

DarkOne, I would love to join you. We'll be at Universal for HHN 9/29-10/1 but I'm not sure we would get there in time. Can you confirm what your meet-up and tour start time is? Seems like macraven's times got changed and I'm wondering if yours are pushed back a little as well.

Our flight gets into MCO at 5pm on 9/29 and even with only carry-on luggage and heading directly to ground transportation, I imagine we wouldn't get Universal until close to 6pm with traffic.

I'll have to call and see about the new times. I'll PM you and let you know.

Steve

I called vip tours on Monday

The private tour participants should meet up 6:00-6:15 at the vip lounge

All private tours leave there at 6:30

found the thread on page 3....

just a friendly boost to get you back on the first page...

Tran1172 -

I tried to PM you, but apparently you don't have enough forum posts to allow a PM yet **. Anyway, you'd absolutely be welcome to join us on the private HHN tour on Thurs, Sep 29.

Were it me, I'd worry about landing in MCO at 5 pm and getting to the Universal guest office by 6:15 pm. We would be starting the tour at 6:30 pm. However, if you're okay with the timing, and if Universal has no issues with you joining late with the tour in progress should be necessary, my wife and I would be happy to include you.

** Get your 20 (I think) posts, and then PM me. You can go to Disboards' Community Board, and then the Games sub forum for a quick and painless way to up your post count.

Steve in Philly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter