HH Turkey Bowl question!

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Kewz1, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Kewz1

Kewz1 DIS Veteran

What is the earliest time the Turkey Bowl has been held? We are considering doing the Turkey Trot that morning but we don't want to miss the football game -- my ds would kill me! The race starts at 8am.

TIA!

Kristen :earsgirl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneyaholic

Disneyaholic DIS Veteran

The earliest I remember it being played was around 10 am. It's all dependent on the tides -- they usually schedule it at low tide so the beach is the widest. I wonder if you contact the resort they will know yet? It's not all that far off!!

4. Kewz1

Kewz1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for your help!

DH called the resort last night and they said to give the Rec desk a call today. One of the CM's heard them taking about it so they are planning already. I can't wait! See you soon!

5. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

I spoke to a person from HHI about the dinner and asked about the Turkey Bowl and she said it would be from 2-3 PM.

6. tripletvan

tripletvan DIS Veteran

Our family is running and has run the Piggly Wiggly in the past and there has been plenty of time after the race.They love that race! Beer, Nacho's & bananna's at 9 in the morning after running a 5K!

7. Kewz1

Kewz1 DIS Veteran

Do the folks in the Fun Walk also get a t-shirt? I'll probably wind up doing the Fun Walk with the kids while DH runs the 10k. He's such a show off! :teeth:

8. Disneyaholic

Disneyaholic DIS Veteran

BTW, back to the original question...The Turkey Bowl will be at 2 pm...which means for us, Thanksgiving dinner will be around 4-5 o'clock so we can make it to the campfire at 7!

Sounds like a pretty good day to me! :Pinkbounc

9. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

There's a campfire? Please tell me more.

10. Disneyaholic

Disneyaholic DIS Veteran

Campfire is down near the pier. Lots of fun! Songs (most require audience participation :p ) and ends up with s'mores!

The CMs there are the best and the campfire is always a lot of fun. I think it's geared more towards families with smaller kids, but that doesn't keep me away!

11. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Thanks! I had read about campfires during the summer but wasn't sure if they would happen next week. Are they every night?

12. Disneyaholic

Disneyaholic DIS Veteran

They're even better when it's cooler out -- you really appreciate the heat of the fire. ;)

Campfires are usually twice a week. This week, there was one tonight, for those lucky enough to already be there and there will be one on Thursday.

13. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Can't wait...thanks again!