HH/Shelter Cove ?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by gracelrm, Sep 3, 2011.

1. gracelrm

gracelrm <font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve

Did I read somewhere on here that Kroger was going in at the Shelter Cove Marina area - or was it the Shelter Cove Mall area? I've looked back over recent posts and can't find where I read that. Perhaps it was all a dream.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

Yes, it was announced this week that Kroger has purchased the Shelter Cove Mall. Belk will remain as the anchor store (and I think a couple of other shops will also remain) and Kroger will have a grocery. The Mall will not stay as an indoor facility but will more of a strip mall type of operation. There was also mention of an apartment complex with a view of the marsh as part of the redevelopment.

I don't think a timetable was announced for completion. The north end of the current facility will be torn down to restructure the new one.

Here is a link to the announcement. Kroger at Shelter Cove

4. LPnerd

LPnerd Mouseketeer

there is a Piggly Wiggly that's pretty good at the far end of the shops at shelter cove. It's where the TJ max is.

5. gracelrm

gracelrm <font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve

Thanks for the link to the article.

6. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

I don't think The Pig is going to be too happy haven't a competing store so close by. I kind of wish a Cracker Barrel had gone in the Mall instead. Although it's been about 5 years, I still miss our breakfast at Cracker Barrel-and we don't have a Cracker Barrel near where we live.